I'm Sorry

Timeless Academy One-shot Collection

*12 years ago*

“Kwangmin!” 5 years old Jo Youngmin called his twins,Jo Kwangmin who were sitting beside their mother.

“What is it Youngmin?” Kwangmin asked while snuggling into his mother arms.

Youngmin showed a brown leafs “let’s find brown leafs.” He said excited.

Kwangmin eyes shone as Youngmin showed him “Let’s go!” He jumped out from the sofa and follow Youngmin.

Kwangmin and Youngmin left their house. They played in the park where they usually play together. No other children beside them in their neighbourhood. That’s why they really close and love each other so much.

Youngmin collected reddish leafs while Kwangmin collecting brown leafs. They love it when it came to autumn.

“Kwangmin, I’ll go there for a while.” Youngmin pointed to another park near the first park.

Kwangmin noded “Okay. Be careful.” He smile

Youngmin left Kwangmin alone. Kwangmin walked and try to find brown leafs when suddenly a strong wind blew on him. “Wha-“ Kwangmin held his chest. He kneeled down in pain. Hetried to breath but he can’t breath. His vision became blur. “Youngmin..” He whispered before he collapse on the ground.

Youngmin who was collecting some reddish brown and don’t know what happen to Kwangmin suddenly feel a pain on his chest. He started to get worry over his twins. He ran back to that place but didn’t find Kwangmin there.

“KWANGMIN!” He shouted his lungs out.

No answered. Youngmin ran all over the park, try to find Kwangmin.

“KWANGMIN!” Youngmin shouted when he saw Kwangmin who collapse on the ground.

“Kwangmin wake up!” Youngmin shook his body but Kwangmin didn’t bother to open his eyes.

“Kwangmin!” Youngmin started to cry because he don’t know what to do.

Youngmin wiped away his tears with his palm and run as fast as he can to their house.

“Youngmin, where’s Kwangmin?” Mrs.Jo asked as she only saw Yongmin without his twins.

“Mommy!” Youngmin hugged her “Kwangmin is sleeping on the ground but he didn’t want to wake up!”

Mrs.Jo shocked by the news “Where is he?”

Youngmin led Mrs.Jo into the park where Kwangmin collapse. “KWANGMIN!” Mrs.Jo ran and hold Kwangmin on her hand. She rushed back to the house and call ambulance. Youngmin who was clueless about what happen to his twins just cry on the sofa.

The ambulance came and take Kwangmin to the hospital. Mrs.Jo and Youngmin followed the ambulance with their own car.

“Mom, can they wake Kwangmin up?” Youngmin asked in the middle of his sob

“They will Youngmin. They’ll save your twins.” Mrs.Jo Youngmin’s head gently.

The car moved to the hospital. Kwangmin brought to ICU room. Mrs.Jo told Youngmin to just sit down and pray while she walking left and right,panic about Kwangmin condition.

“Doctor, How about my son?” Mrs.Jo asked as she saw the doctor came out from ICU room.

“He’s fine. It’s just… We found out that Kwangmin’s body is very weak compare to Youngmin’s body. He might have to stay in hospital until he gets better. The thing is.. we don’t know when will he gets better. I’m going first Mrs.Jo.” The doctor excused himself.

“Mommy, what happen to Kwangmin?”

Mrs.Jo looked at Youngmin “Youngmin, can you promise mommy something?” She asked

Youngmin noded “Yes mommy.”

“Please.” She paused “Please love and care Kwangmin. Don’t hurt his feelings.”

“I will mommy. I love Kwangmin.” Youngmin smile

But who knew actually an event will make Youngmin break his promise.

*Present*

“KWANGMIN!!” 17 years old grown up boy,Youngmin opened the door of Kwangmin’s room.

“SST!” Kwangmin put his finger on his lips “This is hospital Youngmin. How many times should  tell you?” He scolded his twins again.

Youngmin grinned “Miyan.” He put a plastic bag on the table “I bought Jajangmyeon today.”

Kwangmin clapped like a little kid “You know you’re the only one that knows how much I hate hospital’s food.”

“But.” Youngmin opened his bag “You can eat after you finish the test.” He gave Kwangmin pile of papers

Kwnagmin smile fell down instantly “Youngmin~” He whined “Can I eat first?” He pleaded with his puppy eyes.

“You wish!” Youngmin sat on a chair beside Kwangmin’s bed “Hurry up!”

Kwangmin pouted but still,he grab his pen and start to do his test. Kwangmin got better when he was 10. But he spent most f his time in hospital. Youngmin cut fruits for Kwangmin to eat since he has to eat a lot of vitamins.

Their mother worked to support Kwangmin’s treatment in hospital and Youngmin’s school fee,so he often go to hospital to visit Kwangmin. Their father was working abroad so he rarely comeback to see Youngmin and Kwangmin.

“I’m done!” Kwangmin said,gives back the paper to Youngmin “Now, I want my Jajangmyeon.”

Youngmin put the plastic bag on the table infront of Kwangmin “You can eat now.”

Kwangmin ate the noddle like it’s the best noodle ever. Youngmin just smile while looking at his twins.

Like usual, he walked home alone, cook himself a decent dinner and eat himself. Youngmin did his homework and go to skype to talk with his parents.

“Hello mom,dad.” Youngmin waved as he saw his parents on the screen.

“Hello dear, how’s  Kwangmin?” Mrs.Jo asked

“He’s…” Youngmin paused “fine.”

“Great. Did he do his homework?” Mr.Jo asked this time.

“Yeah.” Youngmin simply answered

And the conversation goes with only tons of question of Kwangmin. 30 minutes before 10 PM, Youngmin said goodbye to his parents and go to sleep.

------ Next day -------

As usual, Youngmin woke up early just to see Kwangmin before he go to school. Youngmin greeted all doctors and nurses like usual. He would go to Kwangmin’s doctor room to ask him about Kwangmin’s condition.

“Doctor,how about Kwangmin these days? Can he go back to school?” Youngmin asked.

“Unfortunately, he can’t.” The doctor placed his hands on the table “Actually.. his condition worsen by days.”

“So… Kwangmin really has to stop going to school and stay in hospital?”

“Yes. I’ll talk to your parents regarding this. You may see Kwangmin now.”

Youngmin bowed and thank the doctor. He thought about Kwangmin’s condition as he walked into the room. He stared at Kwangmin who has changed his hospital clothes into uniform.

“Youngmin,I feel better today.” Kwangmin beamed “Let’s go to school.”

“Kwangmin, doctor said you can’t go to school.”

“But I feel better, I can go to school.” Kwangmin took his bag and go to the door “Let’s go to-“

“Is our parents attention not enough?” Youngmin suddenly asked

“eh?”

Youngmin looked straight into Kwangmin’s eyes “You want to sicker and make yourself have all the attention?”

“Youngmin, what-“

“I’m sick of this!” A tear rolled on Youngmin’s eyes

“Young-“

“You better die.” Youngmin hissed

Kwangmin froze in his place,let youngmin walk pass him. He blinked several times before digest what Youngmin has just said. He took his hospital clothes and change into it again. He left his room and go for a walk.

“Meoaw!”

Kwangmin soften as he saw a kitty. He took the kitty along with him and let the kittly sit on his lap.

“Kitty.” Kwangmin the kitty gently “Today Youngmin get angry with me.” He felt sad when he remembered Youngmin. “What should I do?”

The kitty jumped out from his lap. Kwangmin followed the kitty when suddenly the kitty run across the main road.

“LOOK OUT!!” Automatically Kwangmin jumped to the road.

His vision blurred.

Meanwhile Youngmin who has just arrived at school feel something on his chest. Suddenly he remembered everything 12 years ago. “Kwangmin.” He whispered. He ran back to the hospital and rush to Kwangmin’s room. But he saw nothing there. He was going to the doctor’s room when he saw nurses with a famiar figure on the bed.

“KWANGMIN!” Youngmin followed the nurses but he doesn’t allow to go to ICU room.

“What happen to Kwangmin?” Youngmin asked one of the nurse.

“A car crashed into him. He’s bleeding so badly. Just hope for his best.” The nurse excused herself.

Youngmin felt his body weaker and collapse on the ground. He couldn’t say anything. He kneeled down and sob. He was sobbing when suddenly someone tap his shoulder. He looked up and it is the doctor.

“What happen to Kwangmin?” Youngmin asked in weak voice.

“I’m sorry.” He bowed his head “It’s too late.”

“Ani..” Youngmin said “HE’S STILL ALIVE!!” Youngmin rushed to the ICU room to find Kwangmin.

His eyes plestered on Kwangmin’s lifeless body in one part of the room. He ran to Kwangmin and shake his body “KWANGMIN WAKE UP!!” He screamed like crazy. No one stopped him because they know,how much Youngmin loves Kwangmin.

Youngmin felt his legs weak. He kneeled down and cry his heart loud. “I’m sorry Kwangmin… I really am sorry…”

No other words came out from Youngmin’s mouth except sorry.

 

 

One-shot writer : FLH_Lover

Requested : 1-1-2012

Finished : 22-1-2012

Words : 1471