Chapter 3

The Friendship Plan

 

Drop something by him accidentally and wait for him to pick it up, and if he doesn’t, pick it up yourself with sarcasm. 

Drop something by him accidentally and wait for him to pick it up, and if he doesn’t, pick it up yourself with sarcasm. 

 Drop something by him accidentally and wait for him to pick it up, and if he doesn’t, pick it up yourself.

 Drop something by him accidentally.

 Drop something by him. 

Drop something.

 

I walked over to a seat near by Jonghyun, carefully placing my supplies on the desk, as if to claim the seat as my new spot.  7:45.  Class started at 8:00.

15 minutes. I can do this.  Slowly, I got up from my seat and with perfect timing, dropped my textbook right where Jonghyun can reach over to pick it up. I closed my eyes right after dropping as if to pray that Jonghyun would pick it u--.

“AISH. HOLY MOTHER OF FUUUH, THAT HURTS!” 

I opened my eyes to Jonghyun hopping around on one foot.  The textbook fell on his foot! Smooth, Hana, smooth. 

 

“OMO! J-Jonghyun-nim, chaesonghamnida. Do you need like, an ice pack or something? Oh my gosh, I’m sorry, I’m soooo soooo sorry, this won’t happen again.  I’m clumsy, I’m a pabo. GAH” 

 

I looked up to see Jonghyun....smirking?

 

“Ha, its alright. It hurts like hell, but im fine. Don’t worry too much, Hana-ya. 

 

He bent over, much to my surprise and picked up the textbook for me. 

 

“I swear textbooks can be lethal at times.  Just be careful next time, yeah?”

 

I must have blanked out in front of him because next thing I know, his hands were waving in front of me, trying to get my attention.

 

“Umm, Hana? You okay?”

 

“Huh? Oh, uh. Yupp. Sorry again.” I said before I rushed over to my seat.

 

I didn’t know what to think about. One, he called me Hana-ya! Ya like, friends. Like. We’re. Close. 

He talked to me in full sentences! We had a conversation. He picked up the book! Am I dreaming?

At exactly 8 the school bell rang.

Day 1 was successful. 

 

“SO, tell us what happened!” demanded Lillian.

 

“I bet she was so chicken she didn’t even follow through,” added Karu.

 

“Don’t mention the c-word. Onew might attack.  And for your guys’ information. I did it. And it worked. Well, kind of.”

 

“What do you mean, kind of? Can you stop avoiding telling us? We’re going to get it out of you anyway, so just spill!” Karu retorted.

 

“Well, I dropped the book onto his foot. Not on purpose, it just happened to drop where his foot was faithfully placed.  Oh my gosh, I don’t even know how high his voice went when he yelled, I mean, he could take the place of Changmin when DBSK needs a substitute or whatever, it was like WAHHH! to the 7th octave on the piano. Hmm, wait, how many octaves are there? Anyway, so I dropped it, and he yelled, and I was freaking out, but he was all, “that’s fine, yo.” with his dreamy voice of his, and I was imagining his dreamy voice of his saying our wedding vows, and ahh, but then I realized I was still in class and not getting married, and I snapped back to Earth, and then he said more dreamy things with that dreamy voice of his, and I just floated away.”  I was surprised at how naturally I was able to speedtalk my “moment” with Jonghyun.  That was the fastest I had ever talked in my entire life.  

 

“Slooow down, tiger! Breathe, Hana, Breath.” Lil cried.

 

“I’m starting to even regret asking you know. My mind is dizzy. I didn’t understand one thing you said. I stopped understanding after well.” Karu added.

 

“Its really hard to have friends that just can’t keep up.” Scoffing, I walked away from my friends and into 2nd period, the best place to day dream about Jonghyunland.

 

“Hana, we really need to choose, the store’s going to close soon.  Hana, you there? HANA!”  “Oh, I’m sorry babe, its, just, there’s so many to choose from! So many catalogues, so many designs, so much everything!” Jonghyun leaned in and gave me a sweet and tender kiss on my forehead. “Just choose, okay? We have to go soon, it’s getting late. You’re due in 2 weeks for God’s sakes, and our baby still doesn’t have a crib to sleep in.” “Ugh, here. You choose.” I shoved the catalogue in Jonghyun’s face and stormed out to find the nearest Ttukbokki stall. I admit, it wasn’t nice, but I blame it on my raging pregnancy hormones.  *Nom nom nom. This ttukbokki is derricious* “Hana, babe!” Jonghyun muttered in between harsh short breaths because of running all the way from the baby furniture store to the food stall. “What!?” “I picked a crib out and they’re going to deliver it soon, 3-5 days. Let’s go, can’t keep you up and about all day.  A couple of days later, the doorbell rang.  “Delivery for Hana Kim” I signed the delivery man’s receipt and pushed the huge box into the living room.  *Eh, I’ll deal with it later*  Jjong came home tired from his SHINee reunion concert several hours later. “Yah, why are you so late? I’ve been waiting forever for you to open that big delivery. “ “Mianhe, love, I’ll open it now. I’m really sorry, It won’t ha--” “YAH just open the damn thing.”  After a horrendously long time of assembly, Jonghyun finally revealed the perfect baby crib for our future angel. It was made of white wood with flowers etched all along, and Jonghyun+Hana in a heart engraved at where the baby’s head would be. “Oh Jonghyun, its perfect! “ “Ehh, I know It’s simple, I really didn’t know what to pick.”  “But, Jonghyun, as long as we are together, everything will be all right.” “Hana, I love you.” “Jonghyun, I love you m--”

 

My Jonghyun daydream was disturbed with the annoying class bell ringing. *Bell, eff off. You have no right to disturb me and my Jonghyun’s tender moments, hmmph!*

 

The rest of the periods seemed to pass by like the wind, probably because I had been daydreaming of Jonghyun in every single one.  I floated off to my locker after the final bell rang, dismissing the students, when I tripped and fell flat on my because of a pencil someone left on the floor.

 

I hurriedly picked up all of my things that fell along with me, hoping no body else saw.  I rushed to my car and drove home.

 

In the midst of me doing homework, my phone started vibrating uncontrollably and started playing a Jonas Brothers ringtone.  *Wait, what?! I deleted those songs over a year ago.* I quickly picked up the phone and tried to exit out of the funky mood it was in.  See, my phone is incredibly old, and big drops like the one earlier when my probably smashed it hard against the floor because it was in my back pocket, causes it to have what I call “phone seizures.” *Live, celly, Live!* I took out the sim card, took out the battery, tried charging the phone, put the sim and the battery back in, repeated that process five more times, resorted to throwing the phone onto the floor, in case that would somehow reverse what happened earlier on, but nothing worked. Frustrated, I threw the phone even harder towards the floor, and during the phone’s freefall, a man’s voice came out of the phone’s speakers.  

“Um.. hello? Hello? Uhh, Hana, this is Hana right? You there?”

 

From the first um I immediately knew whose voice the "magical" person was.

Jonghyun.

 

“Ahh, Hello, Jonghyun, yeah, well I’m really sorry about this, my phone is kinda annoyi-”

 

“Hello, Hello?? Hana? Hello?? Hello. Nareumdaero yonggil naesseoyo (A/N:JKJK, he didnt really say that, I just HAD to put it in.) Hana?? I’m really sorry, if you’re taking, I can’t understand a word you say. Yeah, so, I’m just going to hang up. Bye.”

 

*Oh my gosh, I probably just look like an idiot in the eyes of Jonghyun now.  The freak girl who calls but doesn’t respond. Or maybe, the wierdo who likes to prank call.  This isn’t good. This isn’t good at all.*

 

Suddenly, a text came in. *Oh, well that’s just great. Thank you for choosing to work, phone, at a very convenient time.*

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

To: Hana

Fr:Jonghyun

Hey, yeah, you called? I don’t know why, but its actually worrying me a bit that you didn’t reply. Is anything happening?

 

*Wow, well now he probably thinks I’ve been murdered.  The creepo psycho girl that’s been murdered or .  Just wonderful*

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

To:Jonghyun

Fr:Hana

Oh, ROFL. Sorry, umm, my phone’s been messed up lately. Yeah, wasn’t supposed to call you.

Sorry.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

To: Hana 

Fr: Jonghyun

Okay. Just wanted to make sure nothing bad happened. Saw your nasty fall after school, your phone must’ve been damaged in the process.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

*He saw me fall? Let’s reevaluate what I am at this point.  The creepy psycho girl that’s a huge clutz that has a crappy phone.  At

least I wasn’t an acquaintance anymore.*

 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

To:Jonghyun

Fr: Hana

Nothing happened. Tnx.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

To:Hana

Fr:Jonghyun

Good, because it worries me to no end when pretty girls are in danger.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________