Chapter 1

The Friendship Plan

 

 

Do you guys want to know a secret? No? Well I’m sure you’ll change your mind when I start.

So, there's this guy named Kim Jonghyun.  Some would call him popular, but he's only popular because he's friendly.  So let's get that jerky, conceited"Popular" boy misconception of him out of your head.   He's known around my school as "Mr. G", short for Mr. Gentleman. He's probably the boy every girl would dream of as the "Perfect" boyfriend.  He's way too humble for his own good, he isn't a walking lust-ball that announces all of his, ahem, hormonal needs to girls, he’s probably more caring than your Umma, and just because being perfect on the inside wasn't enough, is also one million times hotter than your Appa. 

 

His strikingly perfect jaw-line, luscious whisper pink lips, and hair that changes along with every season; He is most definitely hotter than your Appa.

 I told you, right? Want me to continue? Of course you do, but you can’t have his number, because he’s mine...Kind of. So now you’re thinking, “Kind of?” I shall elaborate for you.

An acquaintance.  Plain and simple.

 

Ac-guaint-ance: a person one knows slightly, but who is not a close friend : a wide circle of friends and acquaintances.

• Such people considered collectively : his extensive acquaintance included Oscar Wilde and Yeats.

 

That's what I am; "A person one knows slightly, but who is not a close friend."

Unfortunately, I seem to fit snugly in the centre of that category.

 

It’s true; we had gone to the same elementary school, middle school, high school, and now same university. Although regrettably, variants of “Hello”are all I ever usually hear come out of his mouth. Obviously, except for when we are paired together by the teacher for a project. Miraculously, I’d actually get to have a semi decent conversation with him, as well as spend quality time with him...More like quality time trying to shut up the steamy thoughts in my over worked brain. Then again, when we do have a project together, all I get out of him are the words "Yes”, “Okay”, and “I see."  No complaints on my half, though.  Those projects are why I got one: His phone number, and two: to see the more complex side if his personality that is never seen outside of his close circle of friends, before I went to full-on undying love and  borderline dangerous obsession with him.

 

Which, I might add, is my current way of life; Obsession. A dreary way of existence, if you ask me. My schedule is practically cemented around his time-table...Which I know by heart, I’ll have you know. Everything thing he does creates a chemical reaction with me, whether it sends me into fan-girl mode, zoning out or feeling like I’m PMS’ing. This is not the way I want to live! I want justice for my heart! I want Kim Jonghyun to recognize this...’thing’ I have for him and I want him to return the gesture by asking me to be his girl, god damn it!

Everyone who knows me, knows about my ‘Little'obsession'; my friends, family, classmates, heck, the whole freaking school knows. So basically, everyone knows about this limitation ‘He’ has over me; everyone but the obsession himself. It figures. You can’t expect someone so beautiful so have enough space in his brain to stress about me; the millionth ‘(Number 1) fan-girl’ wanting to touch his perfect face every time I’m within 20 feet of him and worry about if a hair falls out of place. That would just be unfair to think so selfishly, right?

 

You can’t completely blame me for the times when I want scream at my ‘fascination’ for being so damn ignorant. I always take back that thought when I realize it would involve me getting y towards ‘My Jong’, which I could never do. So I then get mad at myself and want scream at myself for not having the guts to tell him.  For being so afraid of rejection that my mundane life is reduced to Facebook stalking and pointless texts claiming to ask about a class discussion when all I really want to do is try to start a conversation with him. Although, him not realizing my unrequited love for him, along with the rest of the world, has its good points too.

 

I’m not the only one who thinks of myself as an unreasonable, hormonal teen with confidence issues, oh no. In fact, I have a queue of friends who constantly tell me to give my head a wobble and either stop turning into a spazz whenever I see him or just tell him straight out. Over the past two years, this ‘Problem’ if you will, has been progressing at a scary rate. My friends say, "Hana, just tell him; nothing bad will happen. He might even like you back because he has rejected almost all of the girls at this school, almost as if waiting for you."  They also say, "Oh Hana, it up. If he rejects you, he rejects you.  Boohoo." and the most widely used, "Hana, just tell him.  You are beautiful and he would be the dumbest guy in the world to reject you." That’s what they say; as if they have any idea of what’s going on.

 

They rant and rave to the point of becoming an annoyance and probably will continue for the rest of my life until I get with him or get over him...If I could ever get over him.

 

What a lie that last one is; “You’re beautiful”. I don’t even scratch the tip of the iceberg when it comes to beautiful. I’m so plainly average is should be a crime. At times, I find it painful to look at myself in the mirror.  Dry skin, small nose, pale pink lips, and small eyes.  At my school, all this means is I’m branded “The Standard” girl.

 

The only thing I did like, however were my triple eyelids.

That's right. Triple. One more lid fold than any double eyelid surgery can ever get you. See, you do get things in life for free. That extra lid is what gives me the tiniest; albeit almost insignificant, bit of hope that I will ever get a chance to get closer and to be something in the life of my Mr. Perfectly-Over-The-Top-Obsession.

 

The gleaming ambition that started my plan: A plan that may not be your average, it up and make him pop a wheelie for you, but the plan to be a friend.

 

Because friendship leads to relationships...Or so I initially thought. There was a small factor that I could miscalculate and then everything would go “ up” or so to speak. If...‘If’ this little “Plan” of mine happened to falter ever so slightly, I’d be stuck in the “Friend zone” for the rest of my miserable excuse for a fan-girl life.

 

But you know what they say, “Love conquers all.” It better had, or else I’ll conquer something with a baseball bat.

 

 

A/N: Hello, hello! If you guys are wondering, this chapter is completely redone, and I'ts all thanks to KunoichiHakira666 for taking her time and editing this.  It's so much better than it was before, huh? LOL.

thanks for reading~