Ch 24

Savage Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

24 | Hurt

 

 

***

 

 

Upon reaching the apartment building where Tiffany resides, Taeyeon let out a heavy sigh as he entered the lift and is alone as he goes up to her floor. He didn't mind calling her, knowing she won't answer. Personal talk is always better, so each side will be heard.

 

Ringing the doorbell on her apartment, Taeyeon let out a huge exhale and waited patiently until he heard footsteps. He smiled momentarily as the door opens, revealing Tiffany staring at him with still upset eyes. 

 

"I'm here to explain." He began softly.

 

"I know." Tiffany said as she leads him inside. She took a seat on the sofa and Taeyeon followed. "I know I was wrong too, I didn't hear you but was only thinking of the people's eyes that could probably judge you that time. And who knows they'll post it online. You know you're a chairman of a well-known company." she beats him to say his words with a little smile. "I believe your words though. I'm sorry for what happened."

 

Taeyeon is relieved to hear it from his girlfriend. She cares for him and he understands that. "I'm sorry as well. I got too furious when I learned the hacker is just nearby." he shared. "Aish, I could've caught him though but it's fine, police will look for him."

 

"How did he hack your company?" Tiffany curiously asks. 

 

"He gets into our server and demanded some money. Thankfully you ruined it."

 

"Eh?"

 

"Yah, don't you remember the face of the guy?" Taeyeon chuckled softly. 

 

"Wait." Tiffany paused and recalled what happened. She raised her eyebrows as she slowly realized the latter is indeed familiar. "Where did I meet him?"

 

"Your memories are bad. You bought drinks in a cafe and you accidentally poured your drinks into his laptop. That time-"

 

"Omo, so it was him?" Tiffany exclaimed and laughs as she finally remembers it. "I did ruin his hacking that time?"

 

"Yes, Miss Tiffany Young." Taeyeon giggles, pinching her cheeks momentarily. 

 

"Wow, I was... indeed your superhero."

 

"You can say so."

 

"No wonder you were all so bright earlier."

 

"I couldn't contain it."

 

"Alright, let's call this a night. You should freshen up, you smell bad and... a bit sweaty." Tiffany jokes, getting up right away and runs to the kitchen when she saw Taeyeon tried to catch her. 

 

Taeyeon shakes his head as he decided to go upstairs casually. He lays down on the bed and relaxed his muscles. He had a rough day and night, he barely can rest. There was even a time earlier that he just wants to give up. It feels so much different when Yoong is no longer in the company. Although he started the company without him, he got used to the years he is relying upon some of the work to him. He definitely can't deny it. 

 

Opening his eyes, he was reminded of the calls he rejected from him. He doesn't know if he texted him or not but he finds himself taking his phone out and check his messages he hasn't checked all day. 

 

But the moment he came across his brother's messages, it tightens his chest and he couldn't control his tears dropping. His decisions are now affecting his own brother and his heart couldn't take it. He could imagine the anger in his brother's face and he felt so bad. It just made him the worse brother.

 

"I'm sorry... I'm sorry." It's a shame to say but he's sincere. He felt like he abandoned him and it hurts so much. 

 

No matter how much he stops himself from thinking of him, he's still his brother and no one would deny that.

 

As much as he wanted to control himself, he ends up whimpering as he cried, holding his chest and his phone tightly.

 

Tiffany who was about to enter the room heard the faint noise inside that cause her to wonder why. So she gently opened the door and peek inside to see her boyfriend crying. She hastily opened the door wide and rushed to his side. "What happened?" she asks in concern but Taeyeon only puts her head over her shoulder and cry harder.

 

It's the first time he is this broken, she isn't used to it that it hurts to hear his cries. But she had a glimpse of the phone screen and she now understands. 

 

Slowly, she put her hand on his back and gently rub it for comfort. 

 

'I knew this will happen.' She thought in mind. Even though she herself feels bad for shutting off the Im-Seo family, she expected they or at least Yoong would hate her or him. What they did was at the wrong timing. But it's unavoidable.

 

"I'm the baddest brother." Taeyeon said as he continues to cry his heart out on Tiffany's shoulder. 

 

The plan of having a warm tea just submerged as Tiffany finds herself comforting the young chairman for the rest of the night. He needed it and she isn't complaining. 

 

:::

 

While Seoyoung and Yoong are having their breakfast quietly, Seohyun is watching her husband in silence as well. Since she learned the text messages, she didn't have enough sleep, thinking of him and his hate towards his own brother. She couldn't judge her brother-in-law right away, knowing he is a busy person, especially that the company was greatly affected by the scandal. She however understands her husband as well, he was frustrated looking for her in the middle of the night.

 

As Yoong got up and brought his daughter to the restroom to wash up, Seohyun got out of bed and tried to see them from the outside.

 

"Omma, anyeong." Seoyoung cutely waves at her through the mirror. Yoong smiled at her as he helps their daughter in the sink.

 

"Anyeong Seoyoung-ah." Seohyun waved back and giggles but she suddenly felt a sharp pain over her arm that she hastily returned to her bed and tried to endure. 'Why is this aching?' she couldn't understand as she closes her eyes tightly. But the fact that it had only been two days since the surgery, makes sense why she's feeling it now. The anesthesia has expired. 

 

"Is Omma okay?" Seoyoung saw the painful expression from her mother.

 

"Wae?" Yoong turned his head behind but barely can see his wife.  He finished washing Seoyoung's hands and wiped them off gently before they returned to her. "You alright, hon?" He immediately noticed her painful expression.

 

"Yeah, but my arm isn't. Can you call the doctor or nurse?" Seohyun couldn't deny and ask for help right away.

 

Yoong didn't waste time and he left the ward in a rush while Seoyoung went to her mother's side.

 

"Omma please be okay." Seoyoung held her mother's free hand gently.

 

Seohyun opened her eyes and smile a little at her daughter. "Omma's fine, I just need some pill." she replied weakly.

 

"And you will feel fine?"

 

"Yes. Don't worry."

 

Seoyoung nodded her head gently and cutely smile. She didn't let go of her hand as she stays by her side until a doctor came with her father. She steps aside as the doctor check on her mother's arm.

 

"Looks like we have to recheck on your arm. Bring the x-ray."  The doctor instructed the nurse.

 

"Is it healing well, Doctor Kim?" Yoong worried asked as he held his daughter in his arms.

 

"It's been only a few days, so it's still fresh and it's expected she's feeling the pain on the surgery." The Doctor explained, injecting a pain reliever to his patient's iv.

 

"Omma is fine now?" Seoyoung impatiently asks causing the doctor to look at her. 

 

"Yes, she's fine, little girl." The doctor told her.

 

Yoong smiled and kissed his daughter. "Don't worry." 

 

Seoyoung nodded and smile back even though deep inside she's still worried, especially that her mother's eyes are close once again and she can see that she's enduring it, which is hurting her as well.

 

:::

 

"Yah, you've been quiet." Tiffany speaks the moment they pulled over in front of her working place. "Come on, share it with me. I will not leave this car if you don't let me hear what's in your mind."

 

Tilting his head to his right, Taeyeon smiled a little. "It's nothing." he assured his girlfriend.

 

"No, there's something in there. After what happened last night? Come on, Love." Tiffany insisted, taking Taeyeon's hands and give them a comforting squeeze. The night ended with them cuddling to sleep and their breakfast was quieter than previous days. She understands but she can't let it happen again. She's bothered with it.

 

Taeyeon sighs. "I was thinking... of visiting my brother."

 

"Omo, chincha?" Tiffany exclaimed upon hearing it.

 

"Yah, did I say something wrong?" Taeyeon chuckled.

 

"Nope. I was just happy to hear that. Honestly been thinking of visiting them too. But I know we're both busy. I can't think of any day I am free." Explained Tiffany, flashing a sweet smile. "We should forget what happened to be honest."

 

"I still can't forgive myself actually. That's why I'm having second thoughts to see them. It will only remind me of what I did to Yoong."

 

"It's hard indeed to do that. Just take your time. But let me know when you're ready, let's go together, okay?" 

 

Taeyeon is glad to hear it from his own girlfriend. "Thanks, Love." He unbuckled the seatbelt and stepped out of the car to immediately open the door for her.

 

"I'll head first." said Tiffany as she stepped out of the car holding Taeyeon's hand.

 

"I'll walk you to your office." Taeyeon however has a different plan.

 

"You sure? You have-"

 

"I have a light schedule today. It's okay."

 

Tiffany scoffs in disbelief. "As if the company wasn't hacked."

 

"The situation is not as the same as yesterday anymore. Even though the hacker is still on large, it's something I shouldn't worry about a lot." Taeyeon stated, taking the advice from his girlfriend at heart. "So, let me walk you to your office." he took her hand and smile as they walk to the building.

 

Tiffany can't resist and pinched Taeyeon's cheek who winks at her playfully. "You're the best." She giggles, holding his hand tighter.

 

As they walked into the lift, Taeyeon was the one who pressed the floor number and did not let any employees get inside as it closes right away.

 

"Yah, this isn't your building." 

 

"I know but It's rare to have you alone in a lift." Explained him, earning a shaking of the head from Tiffany. He gently pulled her close so he can put his arm over her shoulders.

 

Tiffany's eye-smiles appeared as she smiled at him brightly. "You're not that tall, love." she teases which causes Taeyeon to frown. "But you are cuter and handsome. Height doesn't matter." she immediately said and kissed his cheek.

 

"That's why you didn't date me right away?" 

 

"What? That's nonsense!"

 

"I'm just kidding." Taeyeon chuckled, pinching Tiffany's cheek momentarily.

 

"Want to go for a dinner date later?" Tiffany suggested as it crosses her mind randomly.

 

"Yeah, sure. Been a while since we have one." Taeyeon instantly loves the idea and he got excited about it.

 

"Okay, I'll book it later." Tiffany assured with a brief sweet smile. The door opens and she walked out first followed by her boyfriend, but she turned to kiss Taeyeon on the lips. "I'll walk on the office. I'll see you later." she said and gently pushed him back inside. An officemate saw what she did which cause her to blush and hastily rushed to the office.

 

Taeyeon who is left in the lift is smiling like an idiot. He didn't expect she will do it, especially when there are people nearby. It was cute and adorable and gives him giddiness inside.

 

Suddenly his phone vibrates under his pocket, he snapped out of his thoughts and fetches his phone. He got confused when it's a hospital location sent by Tiffany. 

 

What will I do there? 

 

Tiffany: Seohyun's confined there. You can visit there if you change your mind.

 

The reply got him surprised. He never thought of it since he left the car. But it seems Tiffany really wants him to change his mind and he appreciates her care.

 

:::

 

"And why are you putting them back?" Jessica returned to Yul's ward just to see him putting his clothes back into his bag. It's his discharge day but he doesn't look like he wants to go home.

 

"I still feel sick. Why would I go home?" Yul tried to reason but the blonde nurse returned his shirt back to his bag. 

 

"You're already fine. And supposedly it was last night your discharge but the doctor considered your request." Jessica reminded, flicking her boyfriend's forehead but the latter only hug her.

 

"I don't want to leave you alone here." Yul said as he pouted. "I'm going to miss you, baby." 

 

"As if we are not going to see each other every day?" Jessica tried to see his face but he maintains hugging her and even tightening it while she couldn't hug him back. Doesn't want to give in to his childish words.

 

"Still. I'm going to miss being near you. I will be back in my working place again." Yul continued to sulk, couldn't let go of his girlfriend's nurse.

 

Rolling her eyes, Jessica taps Yul's back a few times. "Let go. I still have work to attend."

 

"You are not going to miss me?" Yul pulled back with a playful glare.

 

Instead of falling for it, Jessica ruffles his hair and flick his forehead again. "Stop being childish. You can't buy me with that. Aren't you happy that you feel better now? Because I'm so glad you are right now. I don't have to worry a lot about you."

 

"Of course I'm happy as well. It's just that... well." Yul smiled charmingly, hugging Jessica back. "It wasn't also because I'll miss you, it's also because I couldn't see you close now... you know there are patients that are rude towards nurses. I-"

 

"I understand your concern, but it's part of the job. And it's not all the time I encounter like that." Jessica assures, pulling back from the hug kiss him on the lips.

 

"I'll cook later. So you better come to my apartment on time." Yul announced causing Jessica to giggle.

 

"I can't wait." said the young nurse as she hugs him again around his neck. "I can't wait to finally have more private moments with you." she added, missing the times.

 

"Now that change my mind." Yul chuckled softly. 

 

Just then Jessica heard her name being called through the speaker. "That's my cue. I'm sorry I can't walk you to the parking lot."

 

"It's nothing. I'm not a kid anymore, baby. Take care." Yul replied as he pulled her for a chaste kiss on the lips before she let go and wave goodbye to her before she completely leaves the ward.

 

Going back to her bag, he checks it

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter