PART 21

Sequel Fizzle Out : Love Me Harder

"why I can't follow Baekhyun and that bastard to the festival?" taeyong groans.

"if you come with them, who is going to help me in taking care this cute little boy?" halmeoni excuses.

"don't try to fool me, Halmeoni. I know that you're helping to put them back together," taeyong sulks.

Halmeoni gives no answer. She giggles when Hyuk touches her face with his little hands while blabbing.

"i hope they can live together as a happy family," halmeoni silently wishes.

The festival is held at Hwaseong Haenggung Palace. Chanyeol and Baekhyun is watching King Jeongjo Tomb Parade Reenactment.it is tthe largest and most glamorous royal parade reenactment event in Korea, will begin its journey from Seoul to Anyang, Uiwang, Suwon, and onto the Hwaseong Fortress. they recreate the scene from over 220 years ago, including the rituals, clothing and food.

"how can you've never been here before?" baekhyun suddenly asks. His voice comes out lower due to their boisterous surroundings. Thanks to Chanyeol's yoda ear, he hears Baekhyun abrupt question clearly. Stepping closer towards Baekhyun, he lowers his head until his mouth almost reaches Baekhyun's ear.

"for your information, I only spend my holiday abroad. My wealth can afford my vacations at oversea," Chanyeol brags.

"i only spend my holiday abroad," Baekhyun mimics Chanyeol's words."you had vacation in Jeju. don't be so proud of yourself" Baekhyun snickers. "Next time, spend more time in our country than oversea. So, it can lower cockiness," Baekhyun mocks.

"i'm not cocky, I'm just stating facts," Chanyeol focuses his eyes on the parade in front of him.

"you keep boasting about how great foreigner country is. I bet this is the first time you join cultural festival in Korea," Baekhyun intrigues.

"well,I'm able to go to the places better than here. Why I must waste my time in any festival? But, today is an exception because I don't want to hurt your grandmother's feeling," Chanyeol says arrogantly.

"Chanyeol and his cockiness, huh!" Baekhyun mumbles,not in the mood to have conversation Chanyeol any longer.

"it's so hot today!" Chanyeol complains while wiping prickles of sweat on his forehead. "how long are we going to stand here?"

Baekhyun rolls his eyes. "this chaebol!" Baekhyun grunts. "if you shut up then you'll not sweating more," Baekhyun recommends. Baekhyun thinks the weather is just nice, not scorching as Chayeol has claimed. This must be the effect of living in air conditioner for a long time, Baekhyun concludes. Then, they watch the opening ceremony in Haenggung Plaza.

Later, they watch the reenactment of the Jinchanyeon (60th birthday) Banquet for Crown Princess Hong. Baekhyun uses his new smartphone to record the reenactment. Chanyeol just watches in silent while drinking his banana milkshake. They also do not miss the chance to watch the revival of Military Service Examination. After standing for a long time under the hot sun, Baekhyun feels thirsty. He stares at Chanyeol who is Coffee Smoothies.

"what are you staring at?" Chanyeol inquires while his eyes also focus on what Baekhyun is looking at now. "do you want this?" Chanyeol shoves the Coffee Smoothis to Baekhyun but before Baekhyun manages to take it, Chanyeol pulls back.

"yah, Master Park!" baekhyun yells. Chanyeol sticks his tongue out.

"i told you to buy any drink but you refused right? Now, don't disturb me," Chanyeol mocks. Baekhyun regrets his decision for not buying any drinks when they went to the drinks booth just now. Chanyeol bought Banana Milkshake, Coffee Smoothies and Strawberry Milkshake.

"this selfish,tall,lanky yoda. He bought 3 drinks all for himself," Baekhyun mumbles. Baekhyun pouts his lips while turns his face from Chanyeol. Baekhyun seems to be engrossed in the reenactment. He does not realize when Chanyeol shoves his Coffee Smoothies to his cheek. He gets shocked when he feels his cheek cold and wet.

"finish this. I don't want it anymore," Chanyeol commands. Baekhyun just glares at the drink that makes contact with his cheek.

"are you serious?"Baekhyun doubts.

Chanyeol nods. "before I change my mind-" Baekyun already grabs the smoothies and sips it. Baekhyun is too lazy to go back and forth from here to the drinks booth. The distance is quite far. Since he is desperate, drinking Chanyeol's smoothies is not a bad idea.

When Chanyeol drinks the Strawberry Milkshake, Baekhyun cannot removes his eyes from it. Chanyeol giggles.

"you want to taste it?" Chanyeol offers it to Baekhyun.

"can I? you don't mind to share the straw with me?" Baekhyun asks in disbelief.

"before I change my mind-" baekhyun quickly sips it. "Tasty," Baekhyun praises because he really loves strawberry. Baekhyun gives a , his whole face seems to light up suddenly. The smile leaves Chanyeol spellbound. "Beautiful," Chanyeol thinks. Chanyeol turns his head away from Baekhyun and drinks his Strawberry Milkshake to eliminate awkwardness. Then, both of them focus on the show before their eyes.

Later, they go for a Suwon Hwaseong Stamp Tour. There are many big stamps on the wall. They take photos together with the stamps as their background. Then, they enjoy exciting activities such as world's traditional costume festival, food culture festival and citizen marching. They also join hands-on programmes like Hwaseong Haenggung Palace Experience (Traditional Handicrafts Experience)
Play Plaza (Making of Suwon Hwaseong Fortress and Hanok (Korean traditional house). After that, they try to play gukgung or korean traditional archery. They learn basic understanding of Gukgung, demonstration of posture, and experience shooting with bow and arrow. Chanyeol is a fast learner, he is able to shoot accurately. Unlike Baekhyun, he shoots outside of the range.

"i give up!" Baekhyun sulks.

"i already paid for the arrows. Are you sure to stop playing archery?"

Baekhyun sighs. He plays archery back, not because of Chanyeol. Baekhyun still has money to repay for the arrows. He thinks it is such a waste if he stop trying. He rarely comes to Suwon and he should use this chance to play gukgung until he satisfied. Only 4 arrows left. "you can do this, Baekhyun!" he motivates himself. Baekhyun is holding the bow and arrow, ready to shoot before someone approaches him from behind.

"spread your feet wider," Chanyeol instructs. They are really close, Baekhyun's back makes contact with Chanyeol's torso. Baekhyun can feel Chanyeol's hot breath on his nape. Baekhyun becomes nervous, he can hear his heart is beating faster. "don't grip the bow.This may cause torque on the bow because you are not allowing it to rest naturally at its center most point. Be mindful of finger positioning and tense muscles in your hand that may negatively affect your shot," Chanyeol explains. "The elbow on your non-dominant side should be stiff and slightly bent to avoid interference with the string.The elbow on your dominant side should be positioned in such a way that your forearm as directly parallel with the arrow," Chanyeol touches Baekhyun's body to correct his position. " feet planted, elbows in position, and hands relaxed...take a deep breath and fire the bow!"

As command,Baekhyun releases the arrow. The arrow hits the target. "I did it!" Baekhyun jumps in excitement. Baekhyun shoots the next arrows and with Chanyeol's help, all of the arrows hit the target. He has to bear for his heart to thump really hard whenever Chanyeol helps him.

"thank you, master park! You are so awesome in this game!" Baekhyun compliments.

Chanyeol chuckles. "i always play archery whenever I have free time."

After that, they ride the Hwaseong Dragon Train that goes around the fortress. There are tour cars that operate on the road by the fortress walls from Seongsinsa Temple on Paldalsan Mountain to Yeonmudae and makes for a quick yet enjoyable way to view the fortress.

Then, Baekhyun drags Chanyeol to buy a korean kite.

"do you want to play this?"

"of course,Master Park. It looks fun!" Baekhyun shouts.

Chanyeol wants to protest but Baekhyun forces him to fly the kite. Chanyeol complies and helps him to fly the kite. When the kite is flying with another kites in the sky, Baekhyun passes the string to Chanyeol. Chanyeol holds the string.the kite flies higher under his control. He admits this is interesting. It is his first time playing traditional game. Baekhyun takes picture of Chanyeol.

"he's so handsome," Baekhyun admires.

"are you done admiring my perfect features?" Chanyeol smirks. Baekhyun sticks his tongue out.

"let's eat. I'm hungry already," Chanyeol says while lowering the kite and holds it with his hand. Baekhyun is having so much fun with Chanyeol until he does not realize his grumbling stomach.

"okay," Baekhyun replies

"do you know any restaurant that suits my taste?" Chanyeol asks.

"I don't know. Actually, this is my first time coming to this festival," Baekhyun smiles apologetically.

"really? You lived in Gyeonggi do," Chanyeol is curious.

"my childhood was different. I needed to work since I was a kid. My father hated me because my face reminded him of my mother. My mother left us right after she gave birth to me. My father only paid my school fees. I had to work to cover other expenses such as books, school attires, school bags and stationary. My stepmother treated me like a maid and my stepbrother loved to bully me. my father forced me to marry his friend's son but I declined. He became angry and stop paying my senior high school fees . Luckily, I got scholarship to continue my study in the secondary high school. So, I never go to any festivals or vacations, local or abroad," Baekhyun reminisces.

Chanyeol just listens to his employee's story. His face becomes soften after hearing what Betty has gone through.

"i'm so sorry because you need to hear my story," baekhyun suddenly realizes that he has shared his past with his employer.

"i never know that you have such a hard childhood. Take from positive side, you become more tough, matured and independent from your experiences. Unlike me, I had a silver-spoon upbringing. I don't think I can survive living in poverty," Chanyeol voices out genuinely. "when we go back to Seoul, I will bring you to Lotus Lantern Festival. See, although I rarely travels locally, I still know the events or festivals in Seoul at least," Chanyeol chuckles.

"do you want to bring me? Why?"

"i don't know. I just want to," Chanyeol replies anxiously, avoiding Baekhyun's stare.

"we already late for dinner. Let's go," Chanyeol changes the topic and drags Baekhyun to a recommended restaurant based on the google.

After having dinner, they watches Castle 3D Projection Mapping and Night Martial Art Performance 'Ya Jo' in the Hwaseong Haenggung Palace. The performance gives them a strong feel of the majesty of old times. Then, they join Suwon Lantern Festival which is beautifully held along the Suwon River. Baekhyun records the beautiful scenery using his smartphone.

"do you have fun master Park? Because I really am," Baekhyun suddenly beaming all over with joy. "let's bring hyuk after this. He must be happy," Baekhyun suggests.

"you really love Hyuk, right?"

"of course. I love him as I love my own child." Baekhyun smiles genuinely.

Chanyeol is enchanted with Baekhyun's beam. "do you know Baekhyun..." Chanyeol whispers while lowering his face to be in same level with baekhyun.

"what is it?" Baekhyun asks nervously as Chanyeol's face getting closer to his.

"i love to see your motherly side whenever you take care of Hyuk. And today, I see many of your charms," Baekhyun can feel Chanyeol's hot breath against his lips. Drowning into each other's eyes, Chanyeol brings Baekhyun's nape so that he can close the gap between them. Baekhyun's eyes widens when their lips meet but Baekhyun responses to the kiss. Honestly, he misses Chanyeol's touch. Baekhyun grips Chanyeol's lock stronger when their kiss becomes more intense. Baekhyun opens his mouth to let Chanyeol's to explore his hot cavern. Many visitors are looking at them but they are too engrossed with their romantic kiss. They are still in the public area, remember?

But, once kyungsoo's image appears in Chanyeol's mind, chanyeol quickly end the kiss.

"! Kyungsoo!" chanyeol chants."it was a mistake. Yes, just now was a mistake," Chanyeol convinces himself. How can he kiss someone else besides Kyungsoo? Kyungsoo is his fiance, not Betty. He and Kyungsoo have a son together for God sake! He should not cheat on Kyungsoo.

"Ma-Master P-Park," Baekhyun also realizes what they had done just now.

"just forget what happened between us. It didn't bring any meaning! I still love my fiance," Chanyeol says, regretting the kiss they had shared.

"!" Chanyeol curses before leaving Baekhyun.

"Master Park, wait!" Baekhyun runs after Chanyeol. But he is late because Chanyeol leaves him. That night, Baekhyun goes home by a taxi. When he comes home, Halmeoni tells him that Chanyeol has gone back to Seoul. Chanyeol does not bring Hyuk along. He sends a message to Baekhyun.

"my driver will bring you and my son to the mansion tomorrow morning."

Baekhyun cries to sleep that night.