PART 2

Sequel Fizzle Out : Love Me Harder

Baekhyun spots a cafe not far away from his house. It is a new building, he assumes since the outlet was yet to be built before he left Buncheon 5 years ago.

The sound of jingling chime reverberated through the café when Baekhyun opens the glass door.

 “good morning”, a red hair boy behind the counter says in a melodic tone he has gotten used to do every time he greets customers.

Baekhyun looks at him the way people look at someone they already had interaction with.

“taeyong? It is you?” he inquires while approaching the counter.

The red hair boy,Taeyong gives him a sheepish smile in response while rubbing his nape timidly.

“you have grown up into a handsome guy,” he gapes in amazement, examining every inch of that boy.

Taeyong chuckles at his neighbour’s behaviour.

“and you are still beautiful as ever,hyung.” Both of them laugh gleefully, Taeyong has always adore his older neighbour since they were kids.

“when you arrived here? how could you didn’t tell me about this?,” taeyong pouts his lips,sulking.

“ I just arrived yesterday. Sorry for not informing you but this whole situation is just… happened.” his expression suddenly turns gloomy.

“hyung, are you okay,” taeyong asks worriedly.

Baekhyun nods as a reply. In fact, they are not in the right time and place to discuss this matter.

“what would you want to order,hyung?” taeyong is quick to change the topic . he does not want to sadden Baekhyun more. He would be lying if he said that his hyung is in a good condition. Baekhyun’s eyebag and his sunken face are too obvious to go unnoticed.

“what would you recommend?” Baekhyun asks back,looking up at the written menu above them.

“so, I guess a shirataki noodle Japchae would do?” taeyong suggests.

“shirataki noodle japchae,then. I want three.” Baekhyun counts the money inside his wallet and brings them out.

“take away?” taeyong asks.

“yes.” He takes a seat in the café after paying for the breakfast meal price. He looks around the small café,only a few men and women inside the warm space. Then, he plays Snake Xenzia game in his old nokia phone to kill time. After 10 minutes, his order is ready.

“three shirataki noodle japchae!”

Baekhuyn gets up and walks up to the counter. He can feel the warmness of the foods seeping through the plastic bag,indicates that the foods are freshly made. He holds the plastic bag with one hand.

“see you later,taeyong.” He waves at taeyong.

“sure. Take care hyung!” taeyong waves back and proceeds to take order from next customer.

With that, Baekhyun begins walking to the door. as he opens the door, someone taps his shoulder.as if an impulse, Baekhyun directly direct his attention at the person behind him. He is surprised upon seeing who it is.

An old woman wears a floral dress that reaches her knees. Her hair is like a silver yarn, encases her head. Every wrinkle tells a story of her struggles and survival but she is still looked sweet. There is strength and wisdom is her emerald eyes and a proud carriage shown in her jutting jaw line. Baekhyun moves closer, the faint smell of lavender perfume is enthralling him. The old woman is looking at Baekhyun wistfully. Baekhyun is staring at her too ,beads of tears are formed at the corner of his eyes and the only word he can croak out is “halmeoni.”

Firstly, Baekhyun cleans layers of dust in his room with wet towel and a small pail full of water in his hands. Stepping on the chair carefully,he removes the curtain and throws it into the pail beside him. He wipes the window as the sunlight peeking through it. he also wipes the mirror, study table , nightstand and the wooden cupboard. When he opens the cupboard,a cloud of dust greets him and insects emerge from inside. There are also spider webs on his hanged old clothes. “so many things to wash today,” he mumbles. He takes all the clothes in one go and puts them inside the basket. He notices an oversized short sleeved shirt left inside the cupboard. An uneasy feeling strikes his fragile heart. he shakily reaches the shirt and embraces it tightly, not minding the dirt it brings to his yellow t-shirt.  Suddenly, he chokes a sob. Perhaps, he misses him unconditionally or it is just his pregnant hormones kick in. his legs wobble due to lack of support and he instantly sits on the uncovered mattress. Unintentionally, his mind wanders to the past which he struggles to forget desperately.