PwF 04

Playing with Fire
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Woo, grab the first aid kit," Wonho said as he pulled Sojung towards the dining table.

Mingyu was on the phone with Shownu, getting updates about the 2 guys they had brought away. Wonwoo came back with the kit, water and a cloth. Wonho removed the jacket and gently peeled the handkerchief off her arm, she let out a wince.

"Oh damn, this looks bad," Wonho muttered under his breath. "What did the guy cut you with?"

"A butterfly knife," she replied nonchalantly and reached Mingyu's iPad. She scrolled through her emails.

The main door opened and Sehun walked in with two of his guards, Lucas and Kun. They stood by the door, Wonho and Wonwoo got to their feet to greet the older Oh.

Mingyu hung up the phone and joined his team.

“Young Master.”

Without a second word, Sehun approached Mingyu and swung his fist across his face, the male stumbled backwards. Wonho and Wonwoo braced themselves for their punches.

“How could you let Sojung get hurt?” He hissed and held up one finger. “Three of you have one job. One. To keep my sister safe and you guys still screw that up.”

Sojung stood up, blocking her team from her brother, “That’s enough, Sehun. It’s just a cut.”

“What-- I’m not going to argue with you now. Sit.”

He made her sit down and sat in front of Sojung, taking over Wonho’s actions. WMW stood at the side, the side of their mouths bruising red.

“God, So. This isn’t just a cut, you need stitches.”

“It’s fine, a normal bandage will be fine.”

“Why are you hurt anyway? You got Wonho to call me, then I come over just to see you hurt?”

“Sehun,” she called, making her brother pause. He could sense the urgency underlying her tone.

“What is it?”

“Someone’s smuggling drugs into our turf. We received a tip-off about a drug deal at the South Pier last night that a drug deal was happening two days from today but suddenly, it was tonight. We went over and it was just a group of teenage punks and two guys in their mid-twenties. Normal small drug dealers.”

“A big tip-off to the clan leader and small drug dealers come?”

“Exactly. There’s something fishy about this.” Sojung stated. “They know my name, Se, this only means that the mastermind is part of the clan.”

“We only have three main families in this clan.”

“Jinu, Jaebum and us,” Sojun confirmed Sehun’s thoughts. “I’m getting Mingyu to check everyone under us, you should check your side and I’ll tell Shownu too. Once we confirm it’s not us, we move on to Jaebum.”

“It’s not like GOT7 to peddle drugs.”

Sehun’s eyes hardened.

“None of us have the history of drug use; WINNER, GOT7 and us. Heck, the Clan hasn't touched drugs in decades. Unless someone turned."

Sojung paused, “No, it can’t be.”

“I’m just throwing out the possibility, but we can't be sure. Drugs are easy money too, maybe someone wants to earn a side-income.” Sehun quickly explained. “Let’s just do our checks, then we’ll decide.”

 

The doors opened again and their father walked in. He saw how Sehun was tending to Sojung, his brows furrowed but he didn’t ask much. He got Shownu to bring the other men out of the room. Sehun and Sojung shared a look before following their father to the meeting room in the basement.

 

“What happened? Why is Sojung hurt?”

Sehun pushed Sojung behind himself and looked at his father.

“Some guy nicked her on her arm, a surprise attack.”

“Hmm,” the older man rubbed his temple. “How could you let that happen, Sojung-ah? Years of training and you couldn’t dodge a knife attack?”

Sehun felt Sojung tense behind him.

“Father, it’s not her fault.”

He then gave him a cold look, “Then, it’s yours?”

“Father--”

The older man shook his head.

“Either one of you two will take over my spot as head of the Clan, you have to be able to protect yourselves, even in a surprise attack.”

Sehun patted his sister’s arm.

“This is just a one-time thing, it’ll never happen again.”

Mr Oh looked at the both of them before sighing and waving for them to sit. He lit a cigarette and leaned back against the chair. Sehun pulled out a chair for his sister before sitting, he kept glancing at her to see if she was hurting.

“Oh,” their father piped up. “You’re getting married next month, it’s been settled.”

Sojung noted it down in her phone, Sehun stared at her.

“Wait what?” Sehun was baffled. “Dad? So? Who’s getting married?”

Mr Oh smiled at his son.

“Your sister’s getting married to Seo’s only son next month.”

Sehun turned to his sister, eyes blazing in frustration and curiosity. He was surprised to see Sojung this silent about something that she clearly didn’t want. He pressed his lips together.

“Dad? Are you forcing her to do this?”

Mr Oh raised his eyebrow, “Your sister agreed to the marriage herself.”

“Are you serious?”

Sojung nodded.

“What the ?” Sehun cursed, gripping his sister's arm. “I know this isn’t you. Dad? Why the are you marrying sis to someone we all barely know?”

“Oh Sehun. This is not up to you.”

“Sis has been working so hard for this family, for the Clan, but now you’re marrying her off to some dude because of a stupid promise grand

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter