PwF 19

Playing with Fire
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Johnny had just settled down in the living room when he heard the front door open. He sat up, confusion and worry painted his face when he saw Mingyu and Wonwoo storming in. They gave Johnny a flitting glance before rushing to their own tasks.

“What--”

He dashed over to the door as Wonho helped Sojung into the house.

“What happened?!”

“Where’s the first aid kit?” Wonho asked.

“What happened? Why is--”

“Where?” Wonho’s voice dropped an octave lower. “Is the kit?”

“It’s in the kitchen.”

Wonho turned to Sojung, “Go get clean, meet me in the living room.”

She blinked as a form of acknowledgement and went to the bathroom. Johnny ran after her but she refused to talk to him no matter what questions he asked.

 

*

 

Sojung came out of the shower, a towel pressed on her head. Mingyu was making her some hot coffee, Wonwoo was on the phone while Wonho waited for her with a first-aid kit. She sat down on the sofa, her fingers gently touching the wound. 

Johnny hovered over the pair, a gasp left his lips when he saw the deep cut on the crown of her head.

“What the hell?”

Wonho gave him a glance.

“That’s enough, someone has to talk. What the happened?”

The front door opened before anyone could say anything.

“Little lion!”

Johnny was ushered aside, a blur figure of a man ran to Sojung’s side. His eyes went to the door and he in a breath as Sehun walked over.

“How is she?” He asked Wonho.

“I’m just starting to clean her wound.”

Jongin nodded and Wonho handed him the first-aid kit.

Johnny noticed the man looked familiar, and he had a briefcase of his own. He couldn’t pinpoint where he had seen him before.

“Kai, what are you doing here?”

“Kai?”

Johnny realised Kai was the guy he had seen drop Sojung off at the office before. He gently wedged himself between him and his wife. Jongin gave him a look, Sehun went over to pull Johnny away.

“Let him do his job.” 

 

Jongin reached for his disposable gloves and disinfected his hands.

“It’s going to hurt,” he whispered gently while reaching for his tools. “Do you want--”

“No. Just… Just patch it up.”

“Baby,” Sehun spoke up. “Are you sure?”

Sojung sent everyone a glare through the side of her eyes, a glare so intense that surprised Johnny. He had never seen that look in her eyes before.

“I’m fine,” she gritted. “The next person to tell me to use anaesthetic, I will peel off their skin.”

Jongin chuckled and tapped the area around the cut lightly, she winced. Johnny wanted to rush forward to hold her hand but the way Sehun was boring holes into the back of his head, he could only watch on.

“I’m starting,” Jongin said and positioned the suture.

Sojung squeezed her eyes shut and balled her hands into fists as he pushed the needle through her skin. Shaky breaths left her lips, Jongin saw how she was shaky and started humming a small tune. Sojung began to relax but when he accidentally touched her raw wound the wrong way, she grabbed onto his thigh.

Johnny had to look away from the scene. 

“You should have taken the anaesthetic,” Sehun whispered under his breath.

“Oh Sehun!”

Jongin patted her hand, “Stop moving. I’m almost done.”

Sojung stilled, wanting to get this over and done with. Jongin reached for the scissors and snipped the remainder off before packing up.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter