PwF 03

Playing with Fire
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sojung was cruising down the road in her white Maserati Grancabrio Sport, alone, while Mingyu drove the black sedan behind her.

 

After the update with WMW, she found out there was a rumour that drugs were getting exchanged on her turf. She fumed.

It was the Clan's number one rule to never dabble in drugs, ion, or trafficking. To have someone disobeying a rule set by the Elders before her, was a direct insult to the Clan.

Wonho and Wonwoo went to investigate the matter and came back to her with nothing but a supposed informant.

"Have you contacted him or her?" Sojung asked.

"Yes, he wants to meet you tonight, at Club DONA tonight."

"Any requests?"

"He wants you to go alone, but we can't let you do that. It's Young Master Oh's orders that--"

"I know, but, what if this guy runs?"

"Mingyu will go with you," Wonho suggested. "Woo and I will stay behind the check on who this guy is."

 

This was why Sojung was on the way to a club downtown at 12AM in the morning. She had an earpiece hidden inside her ear so that Mingyu would hear everything she did from outside.

He would be able to warn her of any incoming threats.

She rolled to a stop a street away from the club and alighted. She glanced over her shoulder at Mingyu, who gave her a nod and she walked down to the club.

"Name?" The bouncer asked.

"Oh Sojung."

The bouncer looked at his list and took a double-take at Sojung. He bowed and quickly waved for the guards to let her in. There was a long queue outside, hoping to grab a spot that night. She was ushered in and guided to a VIP room at the end of the hallway.

The staff opened the door and inside sat a man with a small potbelly.

"I never actually thought you would come," he started when the doors closed. He patted the seat next to him. "Come, sit with me."

"How about you get straight to business?" She sat opposite him instead. "What information do you have and how much do you want for it?"

"Don't be a spoilsport."

He leaned forward to pour Sojung a drink.

"Let's enjoy some alcohol first."

She crossed her legs and folded her arms, rejecting his glass of liquor. He paused before sitting back, a small smirk on his lips.

"Fine, a woman who's straight to the point. Rare. I like that."

He spread his arms along the backrest of the sofa.

"50 grand. And I'll give all the details you need."

Sojung scoffed, "Just 50?"

"I think that's more or less enough for me. Who knows, I might have more information in the future for a bigger sum."

"Deal."

He reached into his pocket and handed her a piece of paper. She took it and scanned the information. Her eyes narrowed.

"That's all? A possible dealing venue and date?"

"Yeap," he popped the 'p' sound. "Don't worry, Young Miss. There's more to come."

He got up and headed towards the door.

"Wait for my call," he winked at her and left.

Sojung huffed in frustration and tapped her earpiece, "South Pier. 3 days from now."

"Got it, Young Miss. I'll notify Wonho and Wonwoo, we'll see how we can stop that."

"The room's empty, come and join me."

"Be there in a bit."

Sojung reached for the bottle on the table and took a long sip from it. She sat on the sofa, to enjoy the room alone and waited for Mingyu to come. She was halfway through her second glass when the door to her room was shoved open.

Two men came in, drunk, and they started taking her bottles and drinking from it.

"What the hell?" She muttered and grabbed her bag.

Normally, she would have minded the intrusions but she let it slide this time because she needed to think about what to do with the possible drug deals.

Mingyu arrived and she nodded her head at him, motioning for him to sit outside with her. They found a spot by the counter and the bartender smiled at the sight of Sojung. He came over with a grin.

"Hey, it's been some time since I saw you."

"Hmm, work's been a ."

"I guessed as much, now, what can I get for the both of you?"

Sojung dropped her head and held up 2 fingers, "Two Bloody Marys."

The bartender tilted his head at Mingyu, who gave him a thumbs-up, before going off to mix the drinks. Sojung handed him the piece of paper.

"He wants 50 grand for this." She shook her head. "What bull."

"Young Miss, something feels fishy about this--"

Before Mingyu could continue, one of the drunk guys who barged into her room early came beside her and threw his arm over her shoulders, pulling her close to himself.

Mingyu jerked forward, "Hey, hands-off."

"Why should I? Is she your woman?" He drawled. "Do you know who I am?"

"I don't care. Now hands off before I remove them myself."

"I'm Johnny Seo! You better be respectful to me!"

Sojung heard the name and immediately thought of Mr Seo and their meeting earlier. Mingyu was going to physically remove Johnny but Sojung stopped him.

"Call him a cab." She told the bartender. "Give my drinks to someone else too, I'm leaving."

Mingyu lifted Johnny off Sojung and made him lean against one of the bouncers who arrived. He then guided Sojung out.

 

"Young Miss, I'll drive you back then come back to get the other car." Mingyu suggested, opening the backseat door to the Maserati.

Sojung just nodded and sat down. Mingyu went over to the driver side and got in, but as he pressed the start button, Johnny decided to hop into the vehicle, next to Sojung.

The hood was down, making it easy for the male to jump in.

"What the hell do you think you're doing?" She deadpanned. "Get out of my car."

Johnny snuggled up against her.

"No, I don't want to. The cab says he's afraid I would puke in the car so he rejected my ride. Imma ride with you."

He hugged Sojung's arm.

Mingyu was at a loss, he was going to get out of the car when Sojung spoke up.

"Drive. To the nearest hotel. We'll drop him off."

 

At the hotel, Mingyu lifted Johnny towards the concierge where Sojung booked a room for him using his own card. She had her sunglasses on, and the staff had a weird look on her face.

Like, who wears sunglasses in the middle of the night?

"Penthouse, top level." The staff motioned towards the lifts.

Mingyu let go and Johnny ended up hugging the pillar. Sojung shook her head - again - at how Johnny was acting. She turned to Mingyu.

"Go get the car. I'll wait outside for you."

He jogged off reluctantly, leaving Sojung with drunk Johnny. She waved the nearby staff over.

"Could you take him up to his room?"

"Yes," the young staff took it upon himself to support the tall man.

However, Johnny had other plans. He turned around and wrapped his arms around Sojung.

"Come with me," he pulled her along to the lifts, the staff running behind them.

Sojung stopped at the lift and twisted Johnny's arm behind his back. She then pushed him away from her and he fell against the wall. The staff immediately went to hole onto Johnny.

"I'm leaving," she took out her wallet and took $200, and stuffed the money into the staff's side pocket. "Thanks."

Mingyu was already waiting for her at the lobby when she returned and they left together.

 

What they didn't notice due to the ruckus, was a perfectly hidden paparazzi taking shots of Johnny and Sojung.

 

***

 

Sojung woke up an hour before her alarm rang and decided she couldn’t sleep anymore. She went to make herself some light breakfast, scrolling through business news and her emails on her phone. The door started beeping and WMW walked in, already dressed in their dark work suits.

“Hmm? Why are you guys here so early?”

“There’s bad news, Young Miss.”

Mingyu approached her with his iPad. He showed her the news article on the front page of the country’s most well-known tabloid magazine.

“What the ?”

It was a photo of Johnny hugging Sojung while they were walking towards the lifts.

“Why isn’t anything being done to take down the photos?” She put the iPad on the counter. “You know I can’t be seen in the news.”

“We’re doing our best to remove everything related to you now,” Wonwoo pointed out. “Seemed like this tabloid reporter’s being a little too insistent with the piece of news.”

“I went to search and found that this reporter’s actually an in-house photographer hired by SM entertainment to take photos of their idols, but for some reason, became Johnny’s personal tabloid reporter. Previous news about him were all released by this photographer but under his pen name.”

“I want my photos to be down before the hour ends,” she ordered. “You mentioned SM Entertainment, isn’t the CEO related to Johnny? Why would he want negative news of his own family to be revealed? Through his channel nonetheless.”

“I heard of some bad blood between the cousins, but we didn’t realise it would be this bad.” Wonho poured Sojung a glass of water. “We’re working on the removal, don’t worry.”

 

*

 

“What were you thinking?” Mr Seo threw old newspapers at Johnny, who ducked his head. “Messing around with women and walking into hotels with them? Getting caught on camera?”

 

Johnny had just walked through the doors of his home when his father started throwing a huge temper. He was already bombarded by the media when he left the hotel that morning,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter