Together

From Dream to Reality
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Tzuyu and Mina are now standing in front of the nursing home with Tzuyu holding a bouquet of a mix of pink and red carnations in his hand. Mina had no idea why Tzuyu brought her to this place and what is the relation between this place and his family.

 

“Tzuyu, why are we here?” Mina asks Tzuyu who led her walk into the building by holding her hand firmly.

 

“I want you to meet someone” Tzuyu forms his dimple smile for his girlfriend who is looking at him in confusion.

 

Everyone at the nursing home greeted Tzuyu when they saw Tzuyu walk in and he introduced Mina to them as her girlfriend which makes the girl flustered in an instant. Both now stand in front of a private room which holds the biggest secret in Tzuyu’s life.

 

Tzuyu’s heart is beating crazily while Mina still hasn't got to combine all the puzzles yet. Tzuyu slowly turns the knob and opens the door in front of them. Both were welcomed by a woman who had a sad look on her face and was currently staring at the view outside the window with grief eyes.

 

“Mama, I’m here with your future daughter in law. Her name is Mina” Mina was shocked upon hearing Tzuyu call that woman Mama. That woman shifted her gaze to look at them but she didn’t smile even for a bit.

 

“It was nice to meet you, Mrs. Chou” despite being still in shock, Mina still greeted the elder woman to show her respect for Tzuyu’s mother. Tzuyu’s mother didn’t say any words back instead she turned back looking at the outside with the same gaze she had just now.

 

Mina looked at Tzuyu with thousands of questions running in her head which Tzuyu understood in a second their eyes met. Tzuyu places the flower at the side table and makes Mina sit on the chair beside his mother's bed before he pulls another chair to sit beside Mina. He then held his mother's hand while caressing it.

 

“This is what I meant by complicated yesterday Mina. It has been almost 7 years since the last time I heard Mama’s voice and I miss her smile a lot” he said with a sad smile on his face. Mina, who notices the change in her boyfriend’s voice, closes the distance between them and holds Tzuyu’s hand that is holding his mother's hand.

 

“Mind to tell me what happened Tzuyu?” Mina asks Tzuyu carefully, waiting patiently for Tzuyu to answer her.

 

“It happened during our third year in university. Mama, my dad and my brother were on their way back home after having dinner with my brother’s girlfriend and her family to discuss my brother’s marriage. I didn’t come along since I needed to finish up some work. All of them were involved in an accident with a drunk driver which cost the life of my dad and my brother and made my mom half body paralyzed…..” 

 

Tzuyu hangs his head low as he can’t hold back his tears anymore when he remembers the night he lost both his dad and his brother and literally lost his mother’s smile too. Mina unknowingly let her tears stream down her cheeks after seeing Tzuyu crying, slowly caressing his hand trying to calm him down.

 

“Mama was too traumatized with the accident and since that time she has changed. There’s no happiness in her anymore. For almost 7 years Mina…..7 years she didn’t even say any simple single words. Not even my name. What you see right now is the exact condition Mama was in since that day” Tzuyu starts to sobbing when he looks at his mother.

 

Mina leans herself close to Tzuyu, hugging her boyfriend who is sobbing badly right now. Her heart shattered listening to Tzuyu’s nightmare. Mina felt sorry for Tzuyu who had to go through all this hardship alone. Mina slowly remembers when Tzuyu suddenly disappeared for a month back then and when he came back, he looked in a total mess and now she knows the real reason behind it.

 

“There’s a time I hate myself because if I went with them, maybe things aren’t going this way. I don’t know why but I feel that this is kind of a punishment for me” Tzuyu said while in Mina’s embrace, still sobbing.

 

“Hey, don’t say that” Mina tried to soothe Tzuyu and her tears became worse after listening to Tzuyu’s words.

 

Both of them stay like that for a few minutes. Mina just let Tzuyu cry in her arms, letting him pour out the pain that he is holding on alone for all this while. As for Tzuyu, he finally found comfort in his heart when he was crying in Mina’s arms. He put aside his ego as a man and cried as much as he wanted. The pain is unbearable for him anymore.

 

“I’m sorry for asking about your family yesterday,” Mina said as soon as they break their hug as Tzuyu has stopped crying.

 

“You don’t have to feel sorry. It’s about time you know about it” Tzuyu looked at Mina with a grief look on his face.

 

“I promise we will go through this together. You don’t have to bear all the pain alone anymore. You have me now, okay?” Mina cupped Tzuyu’s face with her soft hand and wiped the remaining tears on his face with her thumb. Tzuyu nodded his head slowly, feeling better now with Mina by his side.

 

“I really hope I can bring Mama back to our family house one day. I’ve tried a few times before but everytime she stepped into the house, Mama would scream. With Mama’s condition, I was advised by doctor here to let Mama stay at the nursing home since she needs a special care too”

 

“We will work that out together, okay? One day, we will bring your mom back to your family house once again” Tzuyu’s lips form a smile upon hearing Mina's words. He wrapped his arms on Mina’s waist as Mina put her hand on Tzuyu’s shoulder. Both now staring at Tzuyu’s mother who hasn’t budge an inch since just now.

 

It was just a very normal day in Chou Photography’s office. Everyone is busy doing their own work and some of them are busy preparing for their new upcoming project including Tzuyu, Mina and Jihyo who are currently having a meeting in Tzuyu’s room to discuss a new contract with YJ Fashion that they have to prepare.

 

“Since we did great the last time we worked for them, YJ Fashion wants to do a joint venture with us. In other words, we will have an exclusive right as an official photographer in every single project they do for the upcoming 3 years” Tzuyu said while looking at the piece of information that he jot down during his last meeting with Ms. Yoo Jeongyeon, YJ Fashion’s President.

 

“Oh, what a great opportunity! So what do we do now?” Jihyo exclaimed with an excited voice.

 

“Well, I think it’s better for us to prepare the draft for the contract first and then maybe we need to set up a special team for this project, right?” Mina states while looking at Tzuyu and Jihyo occasionally.

 

“Yeah, I’ve been thinking about that too. Um, for the draft I think Jihyo will have no problem preparing it right?”

 

“Yeah sure. I will prepare it soon” Jihyo makes a thumbs up at Tzuyu, as a sign for him not to worry about it.

 

“Okay great. Next for the team, I want Mina to lead the team and later on we will discuss who we will choose to be on the team” Tzuyu said while looking at her shocking girlfriend with a smile plastered on his face.

 

“Are you… are you sure you want me to lead the team? I never lead one and what if I mess up?? What if they have a thought that I got to lead the team because…..” Mina couldn’t finish her words as she was too nervous to think about it. Both Jihyo and Tzuyu chuckled seeing Mina’s reaction.

 

“Because you are my girlfriend?” Tzuyu finishes Mina unfinished words while raising his eyebrow. Mina nodded her head slowly, looking at both Tzuyu and Jihyo.

 

“Yah, what with that reaction, Mina? All of us know that you are such a great photographer and I believe whatever your relationship with Tzuyu, it has nothing to do with it. Right, Tzuyu?”

 

“Absolutely correct there Park Jihyo” Tzuyu and Jihyo high five with each other after he said it. Mina felt a little bit relieved after hearing them but she was still nervous inside as she felt unsure about her abilities.

 

“Um I think that’s all I need to discuss with both of you. I have another meeting right, Jihyo?” Tzuyu asks Jihyo for a confirmation.

 

“Yup you have another meeting. Oh, Tzuyu before I forgot, when do you want to see the draft?”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter