The Kids

From Dream to Reality
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Third Person POV

It’s saturday morning. Despite seeing each other everyday at the office, saturday is the day where both Tzuyu and Mina always feel excited the most. After both of them found out that they share something in common when it comes about dogs, Tzuyu always brings Mina to the animal shelter that he always goes to for volunteer work. But today Tzuyu had a different thought. He had an idea to bring Mina to his other favourite places.

Tzuyu is now already in front of Mina’s apartment building entrance. He reaches for his phone inside his pocket and gives Mina a text.

To My Penguin: I’ve already arrived. Take your time, I will wait for you. Love you ❤

Myoui Mina’s POV

I was a little bit rushed this morning since I overslept. I look at the side table clock and it’s almost 10 in the morning. I bet Tzuyu almost arrived and now I have to fasten my movement so that I won’t make him wait for me for too long.

While I was busy getting ready, a text notification pops up on my phone screen. It was from Tzuyu and he’s already waiting for me.

To Love Yoda: Give me 5 minutes. I’ll be quick. Love you too 😘

I quickly put on my long sleeve black t-shirt with jeans and just wore some simple makeup. I throw everything that I need in my bag and quickly dash out from my room.

“Late Mina?” Momo who is lazily lying on the couch asked me when she saw me running out from my room.

“Huh? Oh yea. Tzuyu already arrived. Talk to you later Momo. Byee” I grinned at her and waved goodbye before quickly walking out without waiting for Momo to answer me.

I saw Tzuyu leaning on his car while playing with his phone. I assume he must be checking on some works because he looks so immersed with it.

“Tzuyu, sorry I’m late” I said to him while panting a bit, tired from a quick movement I just made.

“Hey hey, are you running again? Didn’t I tell you to take your time, Myoui Mina?” Tzuyu looked at me with his eyebrow knitted to one another.

“Hehe I don’t want to make you wait for me too long” I showed him my gummy smile as I knew he wanted to nag more at me. Tzuyu then let out a sigh and stare at me.

“You know how to make me stop nagging at you, don’t you? Well, let’s go then. I’m hungry, sweetheart” he’s pouting while rubbing his stomach.

-

After having breakfast at a cafe near my house, we continue our journey but I find it weird because this is not the usual road we always take to go to the animal shelter.

“Um, Tzuyu where are we going?” I shift my body to face him. I saw Tzuyu smile a bit and he turned to look at me for a second before focusing back on the road.

“Today, I want to bring you to my other favourite place. You're gonna like it” Tzuyu slowly brought his right hand close to mine before intertwining our hand and kissing it as he said it. His sweet gesture never failed to make me blushed and flustered.

The ride took almost an hour and as soon as we arrived I could see a group of children playing with each other at the mini playground at the yards with a few women guarding them.

“Okay we have arrived,” Tzuyu said when he was done parking his car.

“What place is this?” I ask him with a confused look on my face.

“Um this is an orphanage home that I always visit. Well it has been a while since the last time I came here and today I want to introduce you to all the kids here” he smiled at me while caressing my left cheek as he said it.

We both stepped out from Tzuyu’s car and as soon as the kids saw Tzuyu all of them running to him and hugging him with happiness shows on all of their faces.

“Tzuyu appa!!” Most of them shouted with a cheerful voice as they hugged Tzuyu. The scene in front of me feels so warm which makes me smile in an instant, looking at the interaction between Tzuyu and the kids.

“Did you guys miss me a lot?” Tzuyu squatted down to match with the kids eye level.

“Yes!!! We miss you appa!!” almost most of them shout in unison and even some of them jumping happily.

“Tzuyu-ssi, it’s been a while since the last time you came” one of the women approached us. 

“Ah yes. I’ve been a little busy lately that’s why. Oh by the way, this is my girlfriend, Mina. Mina, this is Elkie-ssi, one of the guardians here” I feel a little bit shy when Tzuyu introduced me to the guardian.

“Oh what a surprise here. Nice to meet you Mina-ssi” the woman offered her hand for a handshake which I accepted happily despite being shy.

“Nice to meet you too Elkie-ssi”

“Seems like the kids will have a mom here” Elkie said while giving Tzuyu and I a playful look. Both of us just could let out a chuckle upon hearing it.

While having a conversation with Elkie, I felt someone shake my hand gently and when I looked down, I saw one little girl grinned at me. Tzuyu who saw the scene picked the girl up and held her in his arms.

“Tzuyu appa, who is she? She is beautiful” she asked Tzuyu with a little cheeky laugh.

“Ah, this is appa’s girlfriend” Tzuyu said to that little girl.

“Girlfriend?” She then looked at me with a frowning look. Tzuyu just hummed at her and gave me a look which was a sign for me to talk with the little girl.

“Hi cutie. What is your name?” I ask while caressing her squishy cheeks.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter