SMILE 14

Smile For Me Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Seungwan-ah, what are you doing here?", Seulgi who suprised by the unexpected guest asked. Irene's eyes still fixated on her face. She try to look as calm as she can.

"Yah KangSeul, you hurt my heart. Am I not invited to your house anymore? I'm going", Seungwan pout and pretending that she's hurt by Seulgi's word and acting like she's leaving her.

Seulgi panicked and immediately grab her friend's forearm to stop her from leaving. 

"Yah. Ani, it is not like that. I just..you didn't tell me that you're coming", she coaxing her angry friend. She know that Seungwan is just teasing her. But she don't want Seungwan to leave after her and Irene unexpected meeting just now. She need her to handle this situation. Seungwan playfully smirk.

Seulgi turn to face Irene and introducing Seungwan to her. 

"Irene, this is Seungwan, my friend", she smiled. Irene look at smiling Seungwan and back to Seulgi. She's confused right now. What a small world. She never know that this two younger girls know each other and they're bestfriend. And Seulgi was her high school junior.

"We know each other already. Right eonni?", Seungwan brightly said and pat Irene's shoulder gently. 

"Oh, is it?", Seulgi tilt at Irene's front and questioning. Irene nod softly.

"How you two know each other?", Seulgi asked her bestfriend. Seungwan give her the 'what are you trying to do? Are you pretending now?' face to Seulgi. She don't know what is playing in the idol's mind right now.

Seulgi saw that and give her nod and 'Just play along' face to her friend. Seungwan make her annoying face without Irene see it and replied "Can you let me in first? I'm gonna tell you inside. Gosh Kang, that is a basic manner to your guest", she shove Seulgi aside and make her way inside the idol's house. Seulgi bring Irene inside too. Seulgi lock the door behind her. Seungwan take her seat on the white couch and Irene sit across her. Irene face still unreadable. She still processing the situation. Seulgi take her seat besides Irene.

"So?", Seulgi break the silence. 

"Yah KangSeul, don't you remember Joo..Irene eonni?" the accountant asked and lean her back to the couch.

"Eonni? Who? Irene?", the idol turn to her manager. "Are you older than me, Irene?", she playfully ask. Irene nod shyly. "But you look younger than me", Seulgi added and give her sweetest smile.

"Aww, you're helpless", Seulgi turn to her friend. "Irene eonni was our senior back in high school", Seungwan added. Seulgi's mouth agape. Or pretending to be shocked by blonde's statement. 

Never know, you're so good in acting, my friend. Seungwan said in her mind.

"Eonni, do you remember KangSeul now? I think you've talked to her before and I even asked you to show her around school when she just transferred", Irene turn to Seungwan and to Seulgi. She observing the girl besides her. Some flashback come to her mind.

It's Seulgi. Kang Seulgi.

I'm a bit shy.

I will join singing club.

Now she remember. It was really Seulgi. But she look different than before. She was a timid and shy girl before but now, she look so bright and cheerful.

"I'm sure she not remember me. Since I also don't remember that I met her before. Right, Irene?", Seulgi tilt her head towards Irene. Irene nod eventually. Let's just say that she don't remember her. It ss better that way. Seulgi nod too.

So she really don't remember me. It's okay.

"By the way eonni..", both girls turn their head to Seungwan. "..what are you doing here? Do you live here?", she added. She still a bit confused with the situation now. Seulgi never mention before that Irene is live with her. Or did she missed something and her slow friend didn't tell her about that?

"Irene is my new manager. And she's staying with me now", Seulgi explained. She tell Seungwan what had happened and how Irene end up living with her. 

Maybe this is a good start for them.

-------

Irene wake up earlier that morning since today is her first day working as the idol manager. She do her morning routine and walk to kitchen to prepare breakfast for them. Irene usually didn't take any breakfast but she want to cook something for the idol since she know how hectic and packed her schedule is and she don't want Seulgi to skip her meal. It's been a long time since she cook for someone. It feels nostalgic when she suddenly remember when she cook with her mother. Irene's mother used to be a chef before she took decision to resign after she married to Irene's father. So she always teach Irene how to cook as her hobby. And Irene loves cooking too. Her eyes suddenly teary. She wipes her eyes with her sleeves and hold her tears from stream. She don't want to show her tears in front of Seulgi. 

Meanwhile in Seulgi bedroom, the idol wake up after her pointed nose detecting a very nice smell. She inhaled the smell. She open her eyes and sit abruptly. She get off from her bed and stand on her feet. She follow the smell until she reach kitchen. She saw Irene back side. Irene still in her last night clothes. Black short pant and oversize blue t-shirt. She's cooking diligently. Seulgi tip toeing and approaching the older slowly. The food really smell good and it mixed with Irene's vanilla scent when she get near the older. She stop one step behind Irene.

"Wow, it smell good", Seulgi break the silence.

Irene startled and spun her head behind her. She still suprised by the younger unannounced presence. Her eyes openned so big due to her suprised.

Seulgi chuckles. "I'm sorry. Did I startled you?".

Irene close her eyes and take a deep breath to calm her heart. Then she open her eyes again to see Seulgi is standing in front her. Still in her bear pajama.

"Are you okay now?", Seulgi flashing her crescent eye smile. 

"Yes. Please..don't do that again", Irene whispered before she turn to her cooking again. 

Seulgi look on a table behind her. 

"Wow. It's been a long time since someone cook for me", she said and take her sit on the chair. 

"Can I eat now?", she reach for her utensil. 

"Wait for a moment, this is almost done", Irene said from the stove. She switch off the stove after few seconds and bring the pot to the table.

"Wow...kimchi jigae", Seulgi said excitedly. Irene hand a bowl of rice to Seulgi and scoop out the kimchi jigae into an empty bowl before hand it over to the idol. Seulgi scanning the table and realize that Irene don't have rice.

"You not eating?", she concernedly ask.

Irene softly shake her head. "I don't usually eat breakfast. I don't have that much appetite", she replied. 

"Are you gonna let me eat alone?", she childishly asked. She pout.

"You need to eat. You have too much schedule today", Irene said. She smile a bit.

"So do you", Seulgi replied before she rose from her seat and walk towards kitchen. Irene saw Seulgi grab a rice bowl and scoop rice into it and she back to the table again.

Seulgi take her seat and placed the bowl in front of Irene. "You need to eat too. You must be forgotten that you'll be with me for 24/7. It means, you will have the same schedule as mine. You need to eat or else you'll sick. I don't want you to get sick, again", the younger said. She gesture Irene to eat with her. Irene stares at the othe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter