🌸3🌸

him & her
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The math book laid neatly untouched in front of him, the pen case opened but he hadn't written a single thing in his book from the moment he had sat down in the library. It was quiet as always. Normally it would have felt relaxing and comforting, but at the moment Baekhyun couldn't find it any of that,  the soft ticking of the clock seemed like a mockery toward him, a bitter reminder of how much time passed: how half an hour had turned into a whole, and then before he knew it, two hours had flown by and you hadn't come yet. Baekhyun's position screamed frustration. His cheek pressed against his palm as his lips twisted into a frown, the index finger tapping on the table quickly.

 

Jongdae huffed his cheeks, boredom written all over his face as he dangerously swung back and forth on the two back legs of the chair, tightening his hands at the edge of the table; wondering for how much longer Baekhyun was going sit there and waste time like an idiot when they could go somewhere else and have fun.

 

The more Baekhyun thought about the fact that you hadn't come yet, the more started to kick in the fact that you weren't going to come any time soon. His face expression became even more sour and pitiful as the realization hit him. Involuntarily his heart throbbed painfully against his ribs, a sudden wave of worry crashed upon him, where were you?  Were you in someone else's company right now? Wait, did that mean that you were already dating someone? Was it someone he knew? Someone who was probably much more handsome than him, perhaps manlier aswell. His teeth dug deeply into his lower lip, not being able to stop the picture of you holding hands with a nameless boy, smiling and sending meaningful looks to each other, from popping into his mind. Though he regret letting his imagination flow because a second later he felt his heart crack. He didn't want to know if you were dating someone after all. The thought hurt too much for him to handle, probably because he knew that the chance was very big. You were such a beautiful and pleasant girl. It would only be weird if no one had tried to win your heart yet.

 

Maybe he was the last one in the crowd.

 

Jongdae noticed the look on his best friend's face, it wasn't new, through all the years of their friendship he knew what every expression meant and this one was no exception. He was overthinking; probably comparing himself to someone that maybe didn't even exist. With a sigh Jongdae intended to tell his friend to stop worrying over silly things, though before he could even part his lips the big glass doors opened, taking him by surprise. Baekhyun's eyes shot to the same direction, hope glistening in his eyes, only to be bitterly disappointed by the view of Caramel boy walking cooly in. He couldn't deny it himself, he looked absolutely perfect; with his slim body and luscious hair that moved into a nice flow when he walked. His stare charming and Baekhyun wouldn't be surprised if girls felt butterflies while sharing stares with him.

 

Baekhyun expected him to disappear somewhere between the shelves, but the tanned boy proved them wrong and as soon as his eyes caught the view of Baekhyun's pink head; his eyes glistened with something neither that Jongdae or Baekhyun could figure out and much to his dislike, he started making his way towards them.

 

"Hey, pink head! Wassup'?" Caramel boy chirped with a smirk planting on the curl of his lips, his leaning on the side of the table. Baekhyun's face was in an ugly cringe as he at the same time carefully moved his stuff away to prevent them to come into contact with Caramel boy's bum.

 

"Why are you guys still here though? All of the students should have left by now," He asked without giving Baekhyun any time to greet him back, not that he would have anyway. A dangerous curiousness shone in his black irises as his arms crossed over his chest, the infuriating smirk making its way back on his plump lips. Baekhyun contemplated ignoring him at least ten times before deciding that he didn't want to play the rude part in this story.

 

"...Just studying." He eventually grit out through his teeth as he as composed as possible started packing his things back into his bag. Caramel boy's smirk seemed to widen proudly at Baekhyun's bitter tone, noticing that there was much more than just displease in his regards.

 

On the other side was Jongdae desperately biting on his lip to not laugh at the hilarious view of his cute friend with venom threatening to shoot from his mouth. The tanned one lifted a cheeky eyebrow at Baekhyun and asked something that neither he or Jongdae had expected to hear.

 

"Were you waiting for Y/n?" His voice had turned into an oddly softer tone, and Baekhyun's widened eyes searched for his, mouth agape as he didn't even try to deny that he had indeed been right and instead, he answered with another question.

 

"Do you know where she has been?" The urge in the pink head's voice took the other male off guard and his eyebrows shot up with surprisment, but the expression faltered almost immediately and got replaced with another smirk before answering;

 

"Yes, of course." Three simple words that Baekhyun had never known would be able to cause him such a strong pang of jealousy. "She was out with me just an hour ago, she's home now." Continued the handsome boy and for some reason, he sounded too genuine and sincere to even be doubted. The pain spreading in Baekhyun's chest was almost inexplicable, it felt like there was a hand his heart until its burst point. Maybe it was the obvious way Baekhyun's face had fallen that Jongdae suddenly felt defensive, he glared at the taller one and fired a question.

 

"Why are you here then?" Caramel boy didn't hesitate to answer Jongdae's question which made him only frustrated because he couldn't tell whether he was lying or not.

 

"I forgot some important books for an assignment and figured that I'd make a quick visit here." Jongdae could only nod because obviously, there was nothing wrong with his answer; and while it shouldn't have bothered him it did the exact opposite. Baekhyun's gaze rested on the curled fists in his laps, his skin turning white into the tight hold. With that, the tanned male seemed to have gained another ounce of confidence, one too much, perhaps. He flashed the two a friendly smile, though it felt more like a mock than anything else, his eyes as crescent moons, though the sparkle promised anything but good.

 

"Well I'm off now, have a great time, boys'." Caramel boy winked before pushing himself off the table and headed towards the many shelves. Baekhyun couldn't help the little "I hope you walk into a shelf," that he said under his breath as soon as the said male was out of sight, Jongdae stilled a laugh at the lame remark of his friend.

 

 

                                                                                            ***

 

The next day Baekhyun had headed to school earlier than usual. He hadn't been able to sleep a single wink the night before and if he would have a stayed a single minute more in that bedroom he would have gone crazy; so he decided that the earlier he was out of the home, the better.

 

He was shaking his lap under the desk as he at the same time read through one of his favorite Japanese comics, hoping it would have helped him take his mind off Caramel boy's words from the day before. No matter how much he tried to concentrate on the written words he couldn't understand any of them, he read the words but in the end, they always lead him to think about what that boy had said. Frustration, all he could feel was a deep frustration mixed with the unavoidable jealousy consuming him on the inside. He had never expected himself to be such a greedy person, he had never been, but now... When he looked at that boy, all he could think about was that he wanted you for himself. So much.

 

When you entered the classroom, Baekhyun's upset expression didn't go unnoticed and before you knew it there was a guilty feeling in your gut. You had felt bad for not coming at your weekly meet yesterday but you hadn't had either of his or Jongdae's number to call them and tell them that you wouldn't have made it.

 

Your heart throbbed when you sat down next to him, only to have him avoid your gaze that was now apologetic. Usually, he would have greeted you with one of his shy yet adorable smiles, eyeing you with his two crescent twinkling moons and his round glasses at the point of his nose. When you had gathered some courage you let a sigh escape your lips before you turned your body towards his. The thought that you had for once not been able to come didn't sound so dramatic, but the deep frown on Baekhyun's face made you feel like you had hurt him more than you had meant to. In reality,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter