🌸1🌸

him & her
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

07:30

The sun was shining brightly down on the small town, birds sang their greeting to the early morning. A soft and soothing breeze flew by, rustling ever so slightly through the trees and the grass. The grass that had white daisies contrasting to the bright green color, a flowery scent followed the narrow streets, giving out a welcoming feeling.

However, the beautiful morning wasn't enough to soothe the nervous pink head walking his way to his new school year, accompanied by his loyal friend Jongdae who was currently watching Baekhyun with a worried expression on his face.

"Bro you should really calm down, I can see the sweat dripping from your chin." Jongdae cringed at the pitiful sight of Baekhyun's lucid forehead and wide eyes. At his statement, Baekhyun quickly rubbed the sleeve of his sweater across his face, pushing his round glasses further up his nose in the process.

"I'm totally fine Jongdae, just a little bit uh, nervous that's all," Baekhyun assured, voice breathless at the same time, he didn't look as convincing as his words, Jongdae lifted an eyebrow at him while still eyeing him with pity.

"Yeah, no," Jongdae said under his breath, waiting for his pink-haired friend to let go of the useless mask that he was keeping up. In fact, a couple of seconds later, Baekhyun turned his face to him, lip caught in his teeth.

"Do you think they'll laugh at my pink hair?" he urged, worried out of experience, people had a good amount of times for his hair in the past until they eventually got used to it. Baekhyun had always acted indifferent towards the issue, even though deep down it hurt him, his friends had suggested to dye it back to a natural color, but the boy wasn't going to change because of other people's opinion.

"Nah, definitely not, PinkiePie." Jongdae snorted, using the creative nickname their friends had picked out exclusively for him, the worried expression on Baekhyun's face turned into a cringe as he slowly turned away from his friend.

Baekhyun commented a wry "Thanks for the support." 

Baekhyun's worries had been almost accurate when he entered the classroom, no one really laughed at his hair, moreover, he found himself being gawked at, twenty pairs of eyes stared at his head in curiosity. He proceeded to his seat with his head tilted downward, not tolerating the attention. One of his elegant fingers pushed up the round glasses up the bridge of his nose as he sat down, his cheeks were red, very red, the blush reached his ears and Jongdae was afraid Baekhyun was going to faint in any moment.

For the whole hour, people didn't miss the chance to study Baekhyun's appearance and he couldn't help but feel explicitly observed and judged, his cheeks remained flushed red during the whole class.  He felt like one hundred kilos had been lifted off his shoulders when the bell finally rang. Baekhyun stood up immediately, giving his friend a side glance and ran out of the class room before someone could come up to him and ask  to touch his hair.

The two found each other in the library, as usual, the place was their most common hang out spot. No one would really bother them there, it was quiet and the perfect place to read some Japanese comic books. The boys seated themselves on the ground between the many bookshelves, leaning against them with their back.  Baekhyun turned to Jongdae with excitement and expectation lightening up his eyes.

"Do you have it?" he prompted with a smile on his face and his friend nodded with the same amount of excitement before stuffing his hand inside of the bag he had around his neck, eventually pulling out the two new volumes of their favorite manga.

"Fresh out of the oven!" Jongdae sang as he scooched closer to Baekhyun so that they could admire the shiny cover of great quality, sharp colors and perfectly printed images, together.

Baekhyun pushed the glasses up his nose, eyes still set on the books, his mouth wide open in awe as he flipped through the pages. Slightly distracted, his eyes looking up through the empty spots of the shelves in front of them.

"Woah Jongdae this is dope..." he said absentmindedly as his eyes kept glancing up to the graceful figure in the flowery dress ornated in dazzling colors. When he couldn't concentrate on the images anymore, Baekhyun pushed the comic into Jongdae's lap before crawling to the shelf where he could have a better look at you. Taking in your shiny and healthy hair, your body, your gestures in awe, his mouth was slightly agape as blood rushed to his cheeks. The round glasses slipped down his nose at the dreamy view.

"Seriously, what the hell are you staring at like a creep?"Jongdae hissed from behind, making his way next to Baekhyun, while the boy was following your every move. From when you kindly smiled at the librarian to when you excited the big glass doors, his pink head bumped into Jongdae's when he was trying to see what his friend had been so fazed by, the both of them let out a loud groan of pain, rubbing the hurt spot.

"What the hell man? Are you blind? Deaf?" the whiny boy spat at Baekhyun, his head throbbing from the sudden hit. Baekhyun just clucked his tongue at him, a painful frown on his face.

"Shut up, brat, I'm not a creep, I just saw someone interesting," he muttered under his breath and glanced towards the doors again, only to be hit by a strange feeling of disappointment, you weren't there anymore.

Jongdae came into his view again, a sly smile on his lips and his orbs shining with mischievousness.

"Oh PinkiePie has a crush?" he sneered and Baekhyun just pushed his hand into Jongdae's face.

"Shut up, you camel." and so on their bickering continued.

                                                                                                    ***

The next period Baekhyun found himself being way more relaxed than before, perhaps it was because of the stares had stopped, but mainly because Jongdae was there and so he was able to feel more at ease. He would have felt so much out of place if Jongdae hadn't been to his same class.

Students were talking with their seatmates, waiting for the teacher to come, Baekhyun and Jongdae weren't seated next to each other to his dislike, and his seatmate had yet to come, so he stared dazed at the clock, challenging it to go faster. Just a couple of moments later, the chair next to him shifted and someone sat down. Baekhyun was too lost in thought to even bother looking at the other person until they eventually poked his shoulder and he jumped, startled, out of his trance.

Seeing you next to him made his heart flip inside of his chest, it had been unexpected and he suddenly felt very flustered when you shot him a kind smile, parting your lips to ask him something.

"Do you perhaps have a pen? I accidentally left mine in the locker," you reasoned to him and Baekhyun reacted faster than he thought he would have and nodded frantically, rustling in his case for a pen. Your smile widened when he handed it to you, and his heart skipped for the second time a beat, no one had ever smiled so genuinely at him before, well a girl that is. And that made his cheeks go red again, it was stronger than him and he couldn't help it. Baekhyun mentally slapped himself when you chuckled at his obvious blush. You found it kind of cute, though Baekhyun was more embarrassed because in his head you probably thought he looked like a five-year-old blushy mess of a kid.

Baekhyun heard a still sneer from behind him and he knew exactly who it was so he didn't hesitate to shoot a glare behind his shoulder, Jongade was holding his hand over his mouth, muffling his laughs because obviously, he found satisfaction in Baekhyun's way of embarrassing himself. In the meantime you sat there, your wide curious eyes shifting between the two boys.

The class went faster than expected, it was probably because there was such an intriguing person seated next to him, Baekhyun reasoned. When the bells rang, he felt almost disappointed; as if he didn't want the class to end yet. But you took him by surprise when you briefly stopped him from exiting the classroom. The boy gave you a questioning look as his fingers pushed up his glasses. 

"I just, I'd like to know your name?" You said, aware that you sounded slightly awkward; you flashed him a smile to cover up. You felt your grin widen when the boy's lips curled into the brightest smile ever, his mouth taking some kind of rectangular form, he didn't know, but he looked adorable.

"I'm Baekhyun," he replied overly happy, in fact, Baekhyun was sure he'd never been so excited to introduce himself to someone in his whole life. "What about you?" he continued softly, straining himself to look calm and composed, while inside of his chest was his heart beating extremely fast. 

"I'm Y/n," you smiled, again, you were giving his heart no break by making it flutter again, he just loved how there always seemed to be a smile on your face, lightening up your every feature. Your orange painted cheeks reaching your sparkling eyes and that flowery dress compensating you so well, reflecting you.

                                                                                          ***

Through the first week of school, Baekhyun shared

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter