Met Granny and Uncles after a while

He is My Everything
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

November 20, 2010

We entered the mansion and greeted our granny who welcomed us with a warm hug. She patted my dad's hair and blessed him. 

The entire mansion was decorated in pink color. Even though I like the colour, it's too much pink for me to digest. 

My mom was laughing hard with my sister joking about how her sister in law didn't change over the years. I kinda miss my aunty too. Even though we all are living in Seoul, we didn't get to meet each other often. Uncle Siwon and Aunt Tiff are so sweet and lovable. They never missed to visit us during Christmas time with their entire family and spoil us with the gifts. Taeyeon noona is the first born child in both sides of our parent's families. Hence she is more special to all the uncles and aunts. That's why she has this superior attitude, since she knows everyone loves her too much to scold her. But it doesn't work with my mom. Except her, everyone adores her way too much. And Aunt Tiff loves me and my Hyung more than our sister since she sincerely wished to have atleast one boy child. But all she got was the three cold ice princesses as her daughters.

I was in deep thought when suddenly my brother nudged me with his shoulder. I was standing in the middle of hall like a dumb while everyone else were sat down. 

Our Mom and noona already took places on either side of granny and my dad sat next to mom on the couch. Me and namjoon sat on the side of sofas and listened to the ladies talk.

Granny was telling mom that her health is getting worse these days. She couldn't manage doing the house chores like before. My mom again asked granny for the nth time to stop being adamant about staying alone in busan and come with us. But as usual granny said that she will stay in her husband's house till she dies.  And she just has one wish recently that to die soon without troubling anyone and meet her husband in the afterlife to tell him all of their kids are living happily with their respective family and she completed her duty of raising them well and helping to settle them as much as she could. She didn't look sad while saying these things instead was smiling with a very satisfied glint in her eyes. I was surprised to see how someone could anticipate their death without any desire to live. She has us, right? Her three children and their families. Why don't she want to live for us? But to my surprise, my parents just watched her rambling with a sad smile. And I made a mental note to ask my mom later why she didn't scold granny for talking about her death. 

My brother also like me felt uncomfortable with such talk and called granny

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter