Three in one roof

Secrets Are Meant To Be Told

"Ladies and Gentlemen, we have landed to Seoul. The time right now is 9’oclock in the morning and it’s practically 12 degree celcius outside..."

 

‘Finally!’ said Rainah in an excited tone. ‘I’m back.’ Yoomi murmured to herself with a smile on her face. After the flight attendant announced that the plane is ready for unloading, all three girls stood up from their seats with an enchantment looks as well as the other passengers and they all took their hand luggage out from the cabin drawer.

 

‘Urgh… That was a long flight! I got a jet lag now!!’ Jeanne whinged while placing her right hand on her head. ‘Hey, we haven’t even got out of the plane yet and you’re already complaining?’ Rainah screeched in frustration. ‘It’s just a jet lag…’ Yoomi laughed. ‘… Don’t worry, it won’t last long.’ she continued.

 

‘So who’s picking us up?’ Rainah turned and smiled at Yoomi. Just as Yoomi was about to answer Rainah, her phone rang. She picked it up…

 

‘Hello?’

 

‘Unnie! We’re outside the airport at gate 3.’

 

‘Ah, are you? Ok we’re on our way!’

 

She hanged up and turned to Rainah and Jeanne. ‘My parents and my other sister are outside waiting for us. We should go.’ she said to them while she pointed out the way. ‘Oh and I think it’s time for us to speak Korean.’ Yoomi reminded them. ‘Ah right!’ Rainah agreed. ‘Thank god, I’m half Korean!’ Jeanne exclaimed.

 

‘Omma! Appa!’ Yoomi yelled as they saw a 7-seater car parked outside the airport exit with three people waiting patiently outside.

 

‘Yoomi!’ the lady approached her and gave her a hug. ‘This is my Mum guys.’ She introduced her dad and her sister as well to them. ‘Omma, this is Rainah.’ Yoomi pointed at Rainah. ‘… and this is Jeanne.’ And Yoomi pointed at Jeanne while she smiled at them. Yoomi’s mum suddenly pulled her and whispered ‘I thought you’re only bringing one friend?’ she asked her. ‘Ah, well, it’s kind of a long story Mum.’ Yoomi replied. Yoomi’s mum nodded and she turned to the other girls, smiled at them and said ‘Well, it’s nice to meet you both.’

 

Yoomi’s parents took the girls to Yoomi’s new apartment. They all had a tour around. Yoomi’s mum faced Rainah and Jeanne. ‘Since you’re all going to attend the same university, you can both share this apartment with Yoomi.’ Yoomi’s mum said to them. ‘As long as it’s fine for Yoomi?’ Rainah turned to Yoomi. ‘No worries. I don’t want to be on my own anyway.’ Yoomi responded. ‘Are you sure you have your parents’ permission to stay with Yoomi?’ Yoomi’s mum asked them worriedly. ‘Yes, we have and they are fully aware that we’re staying with Yoomi.’ Rainah replied as she elbowed Jeanne to tell her to go along.  Jeanne nodded. ’Wait… there’s only one bed in the room at the moment.’ Yoomi interrupted. ‘Don’t worry! My parents usually add extra money on my card. We should go house décor shopping later! Even though, the house is complete with essential stuff we still need to get girly decorations right? I say we get a bunk bed!’ Jeanne said in a lively tone.  The other girls agreed with a big smile on their faces.

 

Yoomi’s parents and sister left their apartment and after a couple of hours the girls got dressed up, ready to go out. ‘Are you sure we’re allowed to spend your money?’ Yoomi re-assured. ‘Of course. Guys don’t worry! This shows how thankful I am for asking me to join you. I owe you both.’ Jeanne replied with a smile.

 

The girls made their way out of the building and took the bus to the main shopping street. As soon as they got out of the bus the girls made their way into a shop that is full of clothes and cosmetics. Jeanne is eyeing the nail polishes in the cosmetic area while Yoomi is looking through the latest fashion in the clothes area.

 

‘Guys, we’re here for the house décors remember? We can go shopping another day.’ Rainah prompted. The girls followed behind and they start their house décor shopping.

 

After a couple of hours, the girls bought pink lamps, cute curtains, stuff toys, fluffy rugs and other girly things. ‘I think we got everything we need guys.’ Rainah presumed.

 

Suddenly on the way to bus stop, a tall boy bumped into Yoomi accidently. Yoomi dropped the things she was carrying on the floor.

 

They looked at each other. ‘Sorry…’ the boy apologized and walked away in a hurry without helping her.

 

‘How rude!’ Rainah and Jeanne exclaimed. Yoomi kneeled down and picked her things up while the other two helped her. She suddenly stood up and looked back at the boy.

 

‘Taemin…’ Yoomi murmured to herself in a shock.‘...My own childhood bestfriend didn’t even recognise me.’ She thought in disbelief. Wait, why would he?! We haven't even seen each other for seven years... Yoomi sighed.

"Do you know him?" Rainah asked. "Um… no." Yoomi answered in a low tone. "Ah. What a jerk! Let’s go. The bus is here in five minutes!" Jeanne shrieked.

 

After reaching home, the girls saw letters for each of them on their front door. They all took it inside and opened it. The letters came from the school. They started reading it…

 

“Thank you for registering to Kyung Hee High School.

 

We can gladly tell you that your timetable has already been processed and it is attached to this letter. 

 

We are grateful to have you as part of our society and we outmost welcome you on your first day in the school.

 

We will see you soon."

 

And it has began... Yoomi thought.