Lingering angel

Secrets Are Meant To Be Told

Jeanne's POV

 

The night was chilly, I was hiding behind the plants from all of my bodyguards and I’m still wearing my angel lingerie outfit from the fashion show earlier.

I got to tell you, I look like a well who wouldn’t if you’re were wearing a pair of white bra and with angel wings with a five inch knee high boots, how embarrassing right?

All the guys gave me the looks while the girls looked at me with a disgusted face.

It’s not like I wanted to runaway wearing this, I had no choice.

Anyways, what happened was…

 

Flashback~

 

‘What the hell are you wearing Jeanne?!’ my mum practically yelled at me as i was walking towards her in the airport in Paris with my hand carry luggage, good thing there wasn’t a lot of people around at that time.

I didn’t came at the same time as her cause I knew she wouldn’t stop nagging me for wearing a hoodie, skinny and a pair of rubber shoes with my hair in a messy bun.

Yes, she’s that kind of mum who cares for her image more than her daughter. I just wanted to be comfortable during an hour flight is that bad?

As you know my mum is famous and so am I.

Not bragging or anything but I'm the youngest angel of 'Victoria’s Secret'.

That’s right, I’m only 16 and I’m already modelling for lingerie.

Don’t get me wrong, I always wanted to follow my mum's footsteps being in magazines, having lifetime supplies of clothes, accessories, perfume etc.

Isn’t that what every girls dream? But to be honest it’s not that great specially having a strict mum who wouldn’t let me enjoy what I want to do.

 

I didn’t bother answering her cause I already knew what she was going to say.

‘How can you not pay attention to your outfits, there’s a lot of paparazzi out there for Christ sake!’

I had enough, I have been keeping my temper in control for three years now but I can’t stand it anymore.

 

‘Is that all you care about?’ I said to my mum calmly. She was surprised that I talked back at her for the first time, usually I would just say “sorry” or “I won’t do it next time”.

 

‘Cha Jeanne, I did not spoil you, so you cannot talk back to me like that!’ she raised her eyebrows at me.

I just walked away. I don’t want to hear her nagging anymore I have been keeping them for too long.

I headed to the waiting area where our boarding gate is while listening to music.

Throughout the plane ride I never spoke a word to my mum.

We landed in London for the 'Victoria’s Secret fashion show 2012' for this evening.

Heading to the stadium straight away to practice for the runway since me and my mum are starting the show, I still didn’t talk to her.

 

That night of the fashion show, I stood at the opposite entrance as my mum, us both were wearing the famous new 'angel' lingerie.

The MC introduced us as music began to play with loud applause from the audience and screams welcomed us as we walked professionally in the middle of the stage meeting each other as we both turned to make our way to the end of the runway.

She whispered in my ear as she turned around,

‘Don’t you dare humiliate us both.’

She smirked and smiled fakely at the audience, I chuckled and smiled brightly.

She took a spin and made her way back as I stood there smiling, people we’re confused and the music stopped.

I can only hear shutters of the camera, and murmurs from all the audiences.

‘I QUIT.’

I announced proudly as more camera flashes, reporters followed me as I ran out and made my way not caring of what I’m wearing.

 

End of flashback~

 

So here I am hiding from the men in blacks behind the plants.

I noticed two Asian girls walking towards the check-in area.

As I quickly removed my wings and stood next to them pretending I’m close to them.

They're probably surprised seeing a girl only wearing a bra and a but to my surprise they knew me. ‘O-oh aren’t y-you Je a-anne?!’

The girl with a full bangs stuttered. I put my index finger against my lips telling her not to be too loud.

The other girl removed her coat and gave it to me knowing I’m attracting attention and pulled me to the nearest toilet.

 

She handed me a dress from her luggage and said ‘I don’t know your reason for running away but do you want to come with us?’ my eyes grew wider as if it was going to pop at any moment.

‘Oh. Ah...’ I was frozen. ‘…Anywhere away from here.’ my eyes became teary.

I knew I just met them both but I was sure that they are the kind of person that can be trusted.

I ended up leaving home with my two new friends starting a new life…