Time flies

Secrets Are Meant To Be Told

Yoomi’s POV

 

As I was walking home from college, something caught my eyes from a window shop that I just walked past. It was a cute purple tube-dress. Another thing that intrigued me is that the shop was on sale. I remembered when me and my best friend, Rainah, we’re talking about going shopping and look for dresses that we’re going to wear to a party this month. I went in and asked the sales lady if they’re still on sale for the whole month and she said yes but only for couple of weeks. I thought that I should let Rainah know so that we can buy a dress at the same time.

I picked my phone up from my bag and took a glance of the time. It was already 4pm. "Rainah should be at home now." I thought to myself. Instead of coming home, I thought I should stop by at Rainah’s house to let her know since I’m walking towards her house anyway.

I reached Rainah’s house door and rang the bell. I waited for twenty minutes but no response. I picked up my phone again and decided to ring Rainah. But unfortunately she wasn’t picking up her phone either. I tried ringing her again twenty times but she’s still not picking up. I already sent a couple of texts and even voicemails. She always picks up my calls or texts even if she’s in a lesson. "Where is she?!" I thought panicking.

But the other side of me thought that something might have happen with her phone. She probably lost it or broke it. So I decided to go home after waiting for nearly an hour. 

I saw a letter on my post box as I got hold of the front door knob. I quickly took it and at the front says the letter is from ‘Sky Travel Agency’. It finally arrived! I’ve been waiting for this for ages. It’s my electronic plane ticket to Seoul, Korea.

I still can’t believe that I’m coming back. I’m so excited that I cannot sleep every night. I quickly got changed into my pajamas then opened my laptop and went on Facebook.  Then I saw a picture… a picture of my old childhood best friend. He still has his charming baby face just like seven years ago. Now, I'm nothing but a facebook friend to him.

I remember when we were young, he had lots of girls crushing on him, I got pushed aside so easily back then. But luckily he’s not a playboy. He is the type that doesn’t really care about girls. He only cares about his passion, which is dancing. He practices almost each day.  He is the one who encouraged me to dance. He is my inspiration.

The doorbell rang and I got back to reality after remembering the moments that I had with my old best friend. I got up of my desk and took a peek to see who rang the bell. It’s my best friend, Rainah. She was soaking wet and had a luggage and bags with her.  I quickly opened the door and saw the down look on her face. I knew something happened was up with her...

"What happened?!" I asked her. "I tried calling you but you…"

She suddenly started crying and hugged me.

I took her in and made her a cup of hot chocolate to warm her up. I didn’t bother asking her because she was too upset. But I knew something happened between her and her mum. She has all of her luggage and bags with her as if she moved out of her house.

She looked up to me and quietly said "My mum…she…she said that I should…should go somewhere far away from here…I…I don’t know…why." she sniffed. She was trying to stop her tears. I hugged her again and I told her that I’m always here for her.

After a couple of minutes, Rainah stopped crying. She turned to me "This is not right. I know my mum. She wouldn’t to this without a proper reason. I’ll give her time. Anyhow, I’m sorry If have disturbed you Yoomi." I was shocked at her sudden change, but it’s a good thing that Rainah’s back from her old self. I smiled back at her and said that’s it is ok and that she’s always welcome to my place.

I have just realised that I’ve been friends with Rainah for about three years now. It feels like I’ve just met her last year. Speaking of that, our meeting is quite memorable I should say…

 

Flashback~

 

One sunny day, I went shopping on my own. As I was walking through the town, I saw a shop at the other side of the road that has the sweater that I’ve been eyeing for ages.

I went in into the shop and eyed the sweater that I wanted. But I wasn’t the only one. There was another girl who stood next to me, about an inch or two taller than me, who was eyeing on the same sweater.

I looked at her and she asked the sales lady the price of the sweater but when she heard the sales lady’s respond, she looked disappointed. I called the sales lady and asked her the price as the girl did and she replied "That sweater is £30, dear." Now I know why the girl looked disappointed. I couldn’t afford it myself too. Guess I have to save up money. I decided to go back home after I went to the shop to avoid the temptation.

The other day, I woke up late for college. So I had to get dress up quickly. Took about twenty minutes to walk to college and fortunately I got there just before the bell.

After a tiring lesson, we finally had our lunch. I bought lunch at the canteen and went outside to eat with my friends from my class. We sat down at a bench outside and ate our lunch. Suddenly a girl walked past us who looks like she is new to the college and she looked really familiar to me. She looked at us and walked towards our direction. "Excuse me, do you know where room A34 is?" she asked us. She’s definitely new here I thought.

I voluntarily took her to the room and on our way I told her that she looked familiar. "Wait, you’re the girl from the store I saw yesterday, right?" I remembered that she was the girl at the shop that I went in yesterday. "Yes! We’re you the one who I saw that was staring at the sweater too?" she asked me in delight. She has certainly seen me as well. We both giggled at each other. "My name is Rainah, by the way." She introduced herself while reaching her hand out to me. I shook her hand and replied "Nice to meet you, Rainah. I’m Yoomi."

 

End of flashback~

 

*sigh* Time flies so fast indeed.

Earlier this morning, as we we’re getting ready for college, Rainah saw my ticket to Korea. She picked it up and asked me if she could come. I was shocked to what I heard. "What? I got money anyway. Plus, my mum told me to go far away. I don’t want to be on my own here! And it’s a good thing that you thought me how to speak Korean. It’s a shame if I’m not going to use it." She hesitated. "I promise I won’t be a pain in the . As I said, I got my own money." she continued. "Arasso." I replied and smiled at her. Her face grew brighter.

That night, I bought her a ticket to Korea. She was so excited that she kept asking questions about the Korean lifestyles. Not long enough till we bound to Seoul…