Rain, rain, go away

Secrets Are Meant To Be Told

Rainah's POV

 

On a chilly autumn night, I was sat alone lifelessly on a bench at the park for three hours with my luggage the only company. Light rain began to shower as my tears fell down my cheeks not knowing whether it was rain or not. My eyes are red and puffy from all the crying I did from the past hours. Everything happened so fast that I didn’t have time to ask the reason why it happened.

 

Flashback~

 

I was on my way home from school after a long triple period of science with my boring professor. I would have died if it wasn’t for my iPod. Yeah, I’m not really into studies, to be honest I don’t really study at all. I’m surprised I even passed all my subjects. The only subject I like is art and physical education that’s the only time where I can relax. Anyways, I was practically skipping my way home while listening to music, music is my life… though, I never had the talent to play any instrument, and I guess music doesn’t really like me.

 

I fished out my keys as I arrived in front of our door. Suddenly I heard my mom's voice yelling as if she was falling out with someone. I rushed inside and found my mum spaced out in the sofa with a phone on her right hand, just then I noticed our house was a mess as if it there was a typhoon that came. I snapped back to reality when I heard my mom mumbled my name.

 

‘Rainah...’

 

‘Omma, are you alright? What happened?’ I asked as I kneeled down in front of her.

 

‘Rainah… my daughter’ tears fell down her eyes as she mumbled my name. She was in a mess, her eyes were red, her voice seemed like she had been shouting for hours. She was weak, really weak.

 

‘Omma, I’m here’ I shook her and patted my chest telling her I’m there. My mum looked up.

‘Rainah…’ she hugged me tight for a long time, I felt my shoulders was becoming wet from her tears as I heard her sobbing. ‘Leave… you need to leave.’ she said in between tears as she pulled back.

 

‘Huh? What are you saying?’ my mum acted as if she never heard me, she stood up and went upstairs ‘Omma, what’s happening?’ I raised my voice hoping she'll explain. Instead she went into my room and took out a luggage. I heard slamming from upstairs I quickly ran and found my mum throwing my clothes without bothering to fold it neatly. She's not normally like this.

 

‘OMMA, WHY ARE YOU BEING LIKE THIS?’ I screamed helplessly, I was confused, I didn’t know what to do. I tried to put all my clothes back to my wardrobe but it wasn't working she threw everything in; all my make-up, shoes, undies, etc. and closed the zip. She ran into her room and I was sat on the floor crying out of irritation and confusion. She came back and handed me a bag with my wallet, paper documents and my passport.

 

‘Leave. Go somewhere far. Everything you needed is inside this bag.’ she said as if she was rushing. She pushed me out of the house as she threw my luggage and bags outside. I tried to stop her but I was too weak to fight back.

 

‘Omma, why? Ma...’

 

‘I said LEAVE!’ never once have I heard my mum yell at me, she was the perfect mum anyone had ever wanted, even my classmates we’re jealous of me having such a cool mum. I can’t remember having a dad, all I know was my latest dad is British. Every time I ask my mum about it she avoids me and changes the topic.

 

*Slam* I heard the door closed, as I was standing on the pavement with my luggage with clothes hanging out on the sides. I looked like a helpless duck. I couldn’t care less of the people outside walking by staring at me. I was numb, I couldn’t feel anything, still confused of what just happened. I don’t really know what I feel.

 

End of flashback~

 

The rain still continuously falling. I snapped back to reality when I sneezed, I noticed I was drenched, I was holding onto my phone so tight that when I loose grip it sting. My phone started to vibrate so I unlocked it and saw 20 missed calls, 30 messages and 5 voice mails all from Yoomi, my one and only best friend.