50

Kang, Hwang, Kang

"Even in life or death, you will be... My... One true... Love."

 

The lights dimmed and the actors exchanged positions with the two who rushed up the stairs. The lights blasted on and the sound of the soft piano picked up again. Minhyun gulped but Dongho stretched his arm out and he smiled. The song started the moment Minhyun took his hand and they started to sing on stage together as backup dancers rushed up behind them. Minhyun caught a glimpse of Baekho who was playing the piano and couldn't be more proud right now. He was glad he took the time to audition now since he never would have had another chance to stand on a stage with two of the most important person in his life right now.

 

Claps echoed the hall and the final bow was given.

 

The curtains fall.

 

And the show came to an end.

 

"You guys all did amazing!"

 

"Thank you!"

 

"We all did great!"

 

Series of cheering could be heard from the front and backstage as everyone congratulated each other on a wonderful performance. Minhyun pulled the twins aside and hugged them both to their surprise.

 

"I'm so glad we did that. I never would have thought we would do something like that ever in our life."

 

"It was great. You were both great," Dongho said and smiled.

 

"All three of you were great."

 

They froze when they saw four adults walking up to them. Lips parted in surprise as they gaped at their parents.

 

"Mum? Dad?" Minhyun blurted out first. "Aunty... Uncle." He felt tears brimmed immediately as they rushed to hug their own parents.

 

"What- What are you guys doing here?" Dongho gasped.

 

"To apologise and to see how much our children have matured," the twins' mother said.

 

"Apologise?"

 

"Yes. I'm sorry, Minhyun, for trying to make you break up the other day. Your mother and I had a little talk and... I hope you don't hate me."

 

"I would never, aunty. It was a shock but I'm glad we had that talk."

 

"Who's hungry? Let's go for pizza or bbq."

 

+

 

4 years later

 

"Where are we going?" 

 

"We are almost there, okay? Just wait a little longer." 

 

Minhyun pouted as he had to keep his eyes shut as the twins brought him to who knows where. It had already been minutes since they left the house yet the now college student was impatient.

 

"-and all I know is you~hu~hu~"

 

Minhyun hummed to the song while rapping his fingers impatiently on his thighs.

 

"We are here!" Baekho squeaked and hopped down the car excitedly.

 

"Baekho, wait."

 

"Can I open my eyes now?"

 

"Not yet!"

 

Minhyun grumbled and Dongho led him out of the car. Baekho held his other hand and they brought him somewhere. Minhyun could guess they entered an elevator when they stopped and waited for something and then heard the ding sound. They went up and up until it eventually stopped and Minhyun was led out.

 

"Where are we?" Minhyun asked worriedly and the twins giggled.

 

"Don't worry. Almost there."

 

He heard a gate creaked followed by keys jangling before a door opened. He was brought inside and the twins helped him remove his shoes.

 

"Okay. I'm in a house but what's the huge surprise?" Minhyun asked. The twins let go of his hands and Minhyun felt something slip inside one of them. "You passed me a paper?"

 

"Yep. Read what it says," Dongho said and Minhyun took that as permission to open his eyes. He blinked as he saw a furnished home before him. He looked down at the paper and opened it. The words "I wish to stay together with Kang Dongho and Kang Baekho for as long as I'm alive." stared back at Minhyun. Minhyun blinked and looked at the twins who beamed.

 

"Sorry we took so long to fulfill your wish," Baekho said and Minhyun gasped softly.

 

"Wait... This... From four years ago?"

 

"Happy birthday, Minhyun," Dongho said and grinned.

 

"Happy birthday and welcome! To our home!" Baekho chirped and Minhyun teared up. He charged up to the twins and pounced onto them.

 

"Oh my god!! What? I-I can't believe this. Is this real? We have a house? Oh gosh! Why didn't you guys tell me? I could have chipped in!" Minhyun squeaked and the twins laughed, squeezing him tightly.

 

"We wanted to grant your wish, that's why."

 

"Oh... You didn't have to..."

 

"We wanted to."

 

"I love you both so so much," Minhyun said with a slight sob. Baekho and Dongho smiled and fist bumped one another.

 

"We love you too."

 

Minhyun let go of them and went around the house in awe. He couldn't believe the three of them would be able to live together. He noticed the master bedroom had a king sized bed and it was also the only room with a bed. The other room was a studio and another a storage room.

 

"It might be a bit small for the three of us for now but... Its a start," Dongho said.

 

"Are you kidding me? This is more than what I can ask for. You guys already brought your stuff here too."

 

"We couldn't wait to shift in with you and since both of us will still be busy with college soon enough again, we wanted to surprise you," Baekho said and Minhyun grinned, taking a seat on the couch as they joined him.

 

"This is amazing..."

 

"Speaking of amazing, I recently got a text from Jonghyun," Dongho said and the two turned to him.

 

"What's about Jonghyun?"

 

"He's having a party and he's inviting everyone. Including us."

 

"A party? What for?"

 

Dongho raised a brow at them and chuckled. "You don't know? He's getting married to Aron soon."

 

Minhyun gaped at Dongho and Baekho flickered his eyelashes. "Wait. Hold on. I thought Aron was totally against dating him?"

 

"He was but something changed after the play they had. It's a pretty long story but basically Aron was going to confess to Minki after the play but something happened, Aron and Jr accidentally kissed and...let's just say one thing led to another. They got together after that and Minki ended up with someone else."

 

"You still keep in contact with all of them?" Baekho asked in surprise.

 

"Yeah why not? Plus social media has everything so... You don't exactly have to keep in contact if they're people who show their life everywhere. I thought you still talk to Myungsoo too?"

 

"Sometimes."

 

"What is he doing now?" Minhyun asked while leaning on Baekho who was nearer to him. Dongho hugged him and they all chilled on the couch.

 

"Photography," Baekho replied in a short reply as his eyes closed and he hugged Minhyun as well. Minhyun chuckled from being squished between the two.

 

"Daniel is doing sports right? Then what about Seungwoo?" Dongho asked.

 

"Ah... Seungwoo decided to take up acting," Minhyun mumbled, feeling comfortable and protected like this. He yawned slightly and snuggled between the twins. "He says he's going to be even bigger than Daniel... So the girls won't flock over him... Once he makes it big as a football star."

 

"But won't they have different fans? Surely Seungwoo will be the one with more female fans."

 

"Mmm... I don't know... Whatever floats... His boat," Minhyun muttered and before they realised, he had already fallen asleep. All the late nighters and study crams had made Minhyun easily worn out and the twins didn't mind him sleeping tucked between them. They loved it honestly, to be able to be this way with Minhyun freely.

 

"Ah... He's asleep?" Baekho whispered and gazed down at his boyfriend's soft locks. Dongho peeked and nodded.

 

"He is. He must be real happy. There's a small smile on his lips."

 

"Yeah... I'm glad, Dongho ah." 

 

"Hmm?" 

 

"Thank you for staying in this relationship with us and for trying so hard not to give up on it," Baekho said and smiled. 

 

"You're both important to me. I would never want to purposely hurt the two of you." 

 

Baekho chuckled and extended his hug to his brother. "I'm glad. I'm really happy too." 

 

"So am I. Baekho ah, I really love you." 

 

"Mmm. I love you too, Dongho. Let's stay as a family for as long as we can." 

 

"Yeah.... I would love that too. Thank you for being my brother. I can't imagine having anyone else beside me if it's not you and Minhyun." 

 

The twins cuddled Minhyun and placed gentle kisses all over his face. Minhyun groaned from the disturbance but stayed asleep. 

 

"It's just a little sad that mum still don't approve of our relationship. It's already been four years," Dongho sighed as he poked Minhyun's cheek. The taller male swatted his hand away and went back to hugging Baekho. Baekho gently slid Minhyun's hair away. 

 

"But at least she didn't send us away. Say... Is it really true that uncle died from a transmitted disease?" 

 

"Why do you ask now?" 

 

"I don't know. I mean... If that's just the case, I don't see why she's so worried about it. I mean, even regular couples have and has a risk of getting it." 

 

Dongho shrugged and squeezed Baekho's hand. "Look. We were careful about this, remember? We will be fi-" 

 

"Not... Disease," a soft mumble startled them as they looked at Minhyun who whined and turned to Dongho, pressing his face against his chest. 

 

"Minhyun?" Dongho poked him again but he became unresponsive again. "Did he say something?" 

 

"I think so? But I didn't catch what he say." 

 

"Oh well. Let's just take a nap. You must be tired coming all the way back here from practice."

 

"En... The tour is about to start soon. I can't believe it..." 

 

"Neither can I. Just a few years ago, all we could think about is how not to screw things up with Minhyun and look at us now." Dongho laughed softly and Baekho smiled, closing eyes as he slowly drifted to sleep as well. Dongho slid his brother's hair from his face before kissing Minhyun's cheek as well. He laid down and sighed in content. Finally, they were about to move on to the next chapter of their life. 

 

Minhyun woke up, feeling sweaty and sticky as they had totally forgot to turn the fan on and also because he was human sandwiched by two easily sweaty males. He peeled himself off the couch and from them, fanning himself slightly. He was about to turn the fan on for the twins when someone grabbed him by the arm and pulled him back down. Minhyun yelped as he crashed onto Baekho's chest. Baekho kissed him, startling him awake as he reciprocated the kiss. 

 

"Hey... Weren't you still asleep?" Minhyun whispered and Baekho grunted, kissing his nose. "Go back to sleep, sleepyhead."

 

"Don't wanna... You're awake. And Dongho is still asleep," Baekho said and giggled, kissing Minhyun's neck and pulling his shirt collar to the back slightly. Minhyun hummed and raised a brow. 

 

"What about your sleeping brother?" 

 

"I want to go one round before he wakes up."

 

"Won't he get mad if he finds out?" Minhyun asked and couldn't hold back his giggles when Baekho nibbled on his shoulder. 

 

"He's not that possessive these days. Come on. I know you gave him an extra round the other day," Baekho huffed and Minhyun blushed. 

 

"You knew?" 

 

"I fell asleep but your moans were so loud that I woke up again." 

 

Minhyun turned even redder and he pushed himself up, trying to get away from Baekho out of embarrassment but Baekho knew Minhyun too well by now. He got up just as fast and lifted Minhyun off the ground. The tall male yelped and held onto him as his legs flew off the ground. 

 

"Nooo. Put me down."

 

"I will if you let me have one round. We will do it in the toilet. He can't hear us from there."

 

"No, no, no. Dongho will get mad," Minhyun panicked but Baekho skipped to the bathroom with Minhyun in his arms.

 

"I'll handle it! He won't get mad if we just let him in on the action afterwards."

 

"Yah, Kang Baekho. Since when are you like this?"