* 아홉

The Real Me

It's been 2 weeks since Sangchul has kidnapped me and he has hept me in the cave somewhere in the mountains since then. I wish I could tell Dahyun and the others where I am and how I'm doing, but I can't reach out to them. I seriously start to fear for them, I am scared that they might get attacked by the Raveners. I also have no idea if the Raveners were present at the festival that night. 

I have taken it in that I'm different from everybody else in town, but I still can't accept that I'm partly a vampire. How can I be like this? How was I born like this? There is so much that I don't know and I really want to know more, so that I am able to accept myself as who I am. But how am I able to escape, if I don't know where I'm at? Right now, Sangchul has left to hunt for some food in the forest and I'm left alone in the cave. I'm bored and I don't know how I should get away from this place, but I am also too scared to leave. Who knows how dangerous Sangchul is?

I sit on a rock, looking over a small brook. I miss Dahyun, the twins and my dad a lot, I'm sure that they're worried about me and I hope that they won't lose that hope. I will find a way to get away from here, because there is no way I will stay here because of Sangchul. Far in the distance, I can hear some voices but I don't depend my hope on them. A few days after Sangchul brought me here, I hoped that some people, who passed by, would save me. But they didn't and just kept going. 

For some reason, I can feel the presence of something around me that must keep an eye on me. I just pretend I don't see it, but the only thing I think about is how badly I wanna go back home. Ever since I discovered that I'm human for just 50%, mysterious creatures must've placed a target on my back. I look up at the sky and my eyes focus on the moon, which I always have found very peaceful. My mum always told me to look up at the moon if I wanted to calm down and she is right until this day. Speaking of my mum, I wonder where she is and I hope that she is doing okay. I hope that she wasn't a victim of the Raveners, but I hope the same for the rest of my family.

I gasp when a hand is placed on my mouth from behind. The presence of that person that I just felt is standing behind me and he is cold, that means that he is a vampire. But is he a Ravener? I just realised that the Raveners are vampires, so is it one of them? The only thing I want now, is to go back home and I want Sangchul and the Raveners to leave me alone. I need to do this myself, I can't have any of them on my side now.

''The Lord ordered me to search for you and to bring you back, since you disappeared all of a sudden.'' the voice from behind says and I start to feel a lot calmer. I'm glad that there is someone who is able to take me from this place. I just start to nod and without any second to waste, this anonymous person drags me with him and he throws me over his shoulder as he tells me to keep quiet. I don't have anything else to do, so I can only do what he told me. But how does Hakyeon and his father know that I was kidnapped? Did anyone tell them that I was missing? Or did my dad notice it and asked for help?

The anonymous person walks away from Sangchul's shelter just before Sangchul returns. But I can't even hear what he is saying, because this anonymous person runs quite fast. Not as fast as I do, but still quite fast. By his hands, I can feel that he wants to bring me back as soon as possible. I just don't understand a lot of this situation, but I can only see what will happen when we return. I'm not fully released from Sangchul yet, so he will for sure come back and take me with him again.

''The Lord and his family want to see you, they want to know if you're fine and unharmed.'' the person says and I hum in response. Believe me, my dad will be there too. But I'm glad that Hakyeon and his family want to check up on me, wondering if I'm fine. This person keeps on running and running, while not giving in to getting exhausted. Far away, I can hear multiple footsteps coming our way and they come from many directions. I don't know who these people are and I don't wanna know either. 

''Who are those people? Do you know who they are?'' I ask, while not being sure if this guy heard me. But after a disappointing sound coming from this guy, I'm sure that they're Raveners. The Raveners wants to bring me with them, but I am not going anywhere. I rather wanna be locked up than facing creatures that want to take me away from where I grew up.

''No, I don't. But I believe that they're keeping an eye on you aswell.'' the man responds and keeps on running. I lift up my head to look around and I can see some silhouettes in the distance, which I recognise immediately... the Raveners are after me again. I don't know why they called me their long lost jewel, but I'm sure that I'm related to them. Or to one of them at least. I immediately drop my head again as the man starts to fun faster, but I hear that he is getting exhausted. This won't do it, the Raveners will catch up with us again.

''Drop me, put me down. I'll lift you up and I'll run instead, I can't get exhausted.'' I tell him, but the man doesn't seem to respond. So I keep yelling at him to let me go and to let me run, since I can run faster. I need time to take all of this in, since I don't get that. But I can only start to accept this way of living when I am in a safe area, surrounded by people who accept me and respect me. After repeating it 10 times, the man puts me down and I throw him over my shoulder. To my surprise, this guy isn't that heavy at all. I start to run in full speed and I notice that the Raveners aren't moving. I don't know what their intentions may be, but they better stay the hell away from me.

''May I ask what you were doing there? I know about you, but what were you doing there?'' he asks me and I sigh, because I don't know why Sangchul took me there. Because what he told me, is complete nonsense to my ears.

''I was kidnapped and the vampire who kidnapped me, told me that I couldn't stay with everyone in town while being like this. I have to get trained first before I am ever able to live among people like you again. I was there for two freaking weeks.'' I tell him and I groan when I try to ban Sangchul out of my head. I don't want to deal with Sangchul ever again, I prefer to be trained by the staff under the Lord's control.