* 다섯

The Real Me

Dahyun and the twins have joined us right after the Raveners left. I'm still in a state of shock, I don't know what just happened. I turned into a monster in front of my own dad and I feel so freaking gulty towards my dad, but I don't know how to explain this sudden change in my behavior. Tears stream down my face as I have my eyes closed, I don't want Dahyun to see those horror eyes of mine.

''What just happened, Taekwoon? Why is dad not saying anything?'' Dahyun asks as the twins make their way to me, Gayoon immediately climbs upon my lap and starts to cry with me. Gayoon never likes it to see me cry and whenever I cry, she cries aswell. Honggi is less sensitive, but still looks up to me. I can't look at the twins right now, because they will be scared of me for sure. And so will Dahyun, even though I can trust her with my entire life.

''Dahyun... I-I just turned into a monster. I had two teeth that were sharper than the rest and I even ripped open the neck of one of the Raveners. I even started to growl. Dad just let me do my thing and wasn't even scared, but I don't know why he isn't talking.'' I tell her and I start to cry even harder, while Gayoon tries to tighten her grip on me.

''Then why are your eyes closed? Come on, open them and I am going to judge if you are a monster or not.'' Dahyun says and scoots closer to me. She places a hand on the back of my head and slightly pulls my head back. I refuse to open my eyes, because I'm scared right now. I also don't know why my dad is acting like this, as if he is in complete shock. I'm scared that he will do something I'm not prepared for.

''Come on Taekwoon, open your eyes.'' Dahyun keeps trying and I sigh, because I know that it won't make sense if I would keep them closed. So I slowly open them and I look into her direction, resulting in Dahyun gasping. 

Dahyun's other hand rests on my cheek and a faint smile is seen on her face, but I still don't know what her smile is about. I don't know if Dahyun accepts me like this, because I know how people think about the Raveners. So I hope that Dahyun's won't let me down, our family can't use that right now. We lost mum already and I don't think that Dahyun can take if it she loses me aswell.

''Taekwoon-ah, I believe that you're a monster for just 50%. If you truly were a monster, you wouldn't act human at all. If we can find your weaknesses, we can help you to stay in control of yourself. I think dad is in shock by how you took care of the Raveners. Please Taekwoon, don't think about yourself like this. We can't lose you too.'' Dahyun says as her smile becomes brighter.

In the mean time, my dad looks at us and I close my eyes for a second to take a deep breath. Once I open them again, my eyes are back to their original color. I look at my dad, but I feel uneasy around him all of the sudden. I then look at my ankle and I sigh deep, I hate it that it's still on my ankle and I want it gone now. The Raveners are gone and I want to enjoy my life a bit, so I really wanna go to the festival tonight.

''Dahyun please, remove this from my ankle. I am not going to stay at home tonight, I can't stay here and think about what happened tonight. I know my dad wants to keep me here, but I refuse to stay loyal to that tonight. Dahyun nods and lets go of me to start with removing the chains. But then, my dad gets up and pulls Dahyun away from me.

''You have to leave him here, Dahyun. Taekwoon is not coming with us, that's the savest for now. I want to protect Taekwoon at all costs, monster or not. What he just did, was saving us from those creatures that have been ruling over this kingdom. I'll take the twins with me, so that you can stay with him. I don't think it's save to leave Taekwoon alone.'' my dad says and I sigh when I look back at him. I shake my head and I get up from the floor, while holding the twins close to me.

''No dad, I won't stay here. You have seen what happens if I stay here and believe me, they will come back again tonight. They won't only come for me, but they will kill Dahyun. I don't stay here. And besides, I want to see the Lord with my own eyes. You have isolated me for as long as I can remember and I want to see the world now. I need to protect myself at some point and I need to know my limits, I won't know them if you keep me isolated for my entire life.'' I tell my dad and I sigh. I know that my dad wants to protect me at all costs, but I need to explore the world myself. One day, I need to stand on my own feet and I can't do that if my dad is keeping me inside.

Gayoon and Honggi start to cry when they look at my dad and they start to tell my dad that I should come with them, they simply want me to join them because it won't be fun otherwise. My dad has kept me inside for so long and the twins always refused to go if I wasn't allowed to go.

My dad sighs and makes his way to me, before he removes the chains from my ankle. When he gets up, a stern look on his face is visible. I know what my dad is going to say, he wants me to stay quiet and to behave. That's the only thing I can do right now, but I at least can go outside.

''You better keep your mouth shut then, don't forget to stay close at all times. Don't do anything stupid.'' my dad says and I nod, before my dad turns and leaves the room. Dahyun gets up from the floor and quickly pulls me in for a quick hug. Even the twins start to hug me out of joy, because they finally are about to have some real fun.

''Just do what dad told you to do okay? We don't want you to get hurt and we also don't want you to harm anyone yourself.'' Dahyun says and I nod. I feel relieved, because I can finally go outside and have some fun. I can only go outside at daytime, but I always had to stay inside at night. And as of today, I can finally enjoy any activities at night aswell. And also, I can meet the Lord and his family aswell. I always have been kept away from them and I finally am able to meet them in person. I finally can come closer to the one that is ruling over this kingdom.

A/N I had written something else in the beginning at first, but that wasn't saved by my computer. So I had to work on everything again and starting over. I hope you guys like this story.