* 이십

The Real Me

Daejung has taken me to another room, where we have more light, to have a deeper conversation. My wrists are still tied, but I am able to walk as Daejung untied my ankles. I still can't believe that the Raveners caught me to bring me to my dad, though I still believe that there is something more to this kidnapping. I'm sure that the Raveners actually do want to turn me into a fullblood vampire, though Daejung knows that I am partially a vampire. I still don't trust him actually, because why would the Raveners take me here for a meeting with him?

When we arrive in this other room, my wrists are tied to the chair as soon as I take a seat. They truly want to prevent that I'm going to do something, I suppose. Daejung ties my ankles together and later to the chair. Does Daejung really think I'll stay here for the rest of my life? I am sure that the Cha's already have planned something to get me back and that they are going to take care of me, but I don't want to hold onto hope that might be false hope. I know by now what Hakyeon thinks of me, but I still don't know if I can return those feelings.

''Okay first of all... I am your dad. I know that you don't trust me and I give you all the rights not to trust me. But I want you to know that I never intended to leave you behind with the humans, I did it because I didn't want the vampires, who call themselves Raveners, to come after you and kill you if I kept you with me. I am glad that you have been well and that you know by now who you truly are. To talk about your mother... she was human and I have no idea where she is at. I assume she is dead, but rumor has it that she isn't and that she is still alive.'' Daejung explains, while taking a seat and I feel like my head is about to explode. Daejung is feeding me information and I have a hard time to take it all in.

My eyes start to fill with tears and I feel anger boiling up in the mean time. Why is he doing this to me? Why now? I look to the floor for a few seconds, before looking back at Daejung. I still refuse to call him my dad, so I will continue to use his name for now. I have so many questions to ask and I want answers, so that I can find closure. Daejung scoots closer to me, while dragging the chair with him, and places his right hand on my left cheek. I look at his hands for a few seconds, before looking at Daejung again.

''Before I'll answer all of your questions, I want you to hear this. I loved your mum a lot and I was proud to call her my wife, though she didn't know the real me at first. I was warned about that by a friend of mine and I wanted to tell your mother about it, until something happened. Some guards came out of the blue and started to hold me captive in front of your mother, forcing me to reveal the real me. When that happened, she pushed me away and wanted me to leave her alone. A few hours later, she was given a choice. She either threw a dagger into her own heart or she threw a stake through my heart... she did neither. After we discovered that she was pregnant, she still kept me away from you. But when she found out that you were partially like me, she wished for the pregnancy to end as she didn't want to carry a child which wasn't human. I wasn't given any opportunity to keep an eye on her, because she lived somewhere where I couldn't find her. After she gave birth to you, she left you behind near a river. I was fast enough to get you away from that place, but I knew that the vampires would prepare plans to kill you. So I was the one who left you behind with the humans.'' Daejung shares and my eyes widen after he shares this story. What? So my mother is indeed human? 

Daejung removes his hand from my cheek and moves it down to my shoulder. The devilish smile from earlier is gone and is back to a normal smile. At this point, I wish my mouth was still covered so that I didn't have to talk to him. But I at least get the answers that I want, although I will never understand why the Raveners were after me while Daejung claims that he never sent them to find me. I still find him quite suspicious actually and I still am fearing for my life, no matter what Daejung tries to convince me that he is completely fine.

''Looking at you, I can see how much you resemble your mother. But you also look like a younger version of me, you look like me during my younger years. I feel sad that I have missed so much of your life, but I am relieved to realise that I can finally catch up with you.'' Daejung continues and fear is rising up in my body, something Daejung seems to realise. He scoots closer again until his knees basically touch mine. His eyes change color, but continues to smile at me. I can keep myself under control due to my necklace, which also helps me to walk through the sunlight.

''B-But why did you look for me just now? Why didn't you come for me sooner? It would save the village a lot of fear.'' my voice trembles and I can feel the shivers run down my spine. I feel overwhelmed at this point and fear is trying to break free, which explains why my voice is trembling. Daejung doesn't seem to respond to my trembling voice, but he continues to smile and his hand moves to my hair. Daejung brushes through my hair and his eyes lock with mine.

''Oh, I did keep an eye on you. But since you were too young to be taken away, I decided to leave you in the hands of the humans. Everyday, I kept an eye on you to see how you were doing and I was surprised that you didn't discover your other half just yet. Humans are good at brainwashing you, Taekwoon. You have every right to know who you truly are, but you will never be a fullblood vampire. If your mother wasn't human, I never would've sent you to the humans in the first place. But again, I never sent the vampires to come and get you. It was a mission they had set up for themselves. They are still convinced that you are a true vampire and that they can change you. I am their leader, but I can't change their mission unfortunately.'' Daejung responds and I raise an eyebrow. I don't trust him, I don't trust him at all. How can't he give them orders to the Raveners, while he is their leader? There is something fishy about this guy.

Daejung lets go of my hair and he pulls up one of his sleeves, revealing a mark on his arm that is in the style of a Chinese symbol. Again, I raise an eyebrow and I wonder what he is trying to show me. But then, he gets up and stands behind me within seconds. I can feel him pulling up my sleeve and I hear him gasp shortly after.

''I knew it, I knew it. You have the same mark on your arm, Taekwoon. I am sure that you can trust me now.'' Daejung says, as he unties my wrists and I immediately hold onto my own arm to see what he just saw. To my surprise, Daejung is right. I have the same mark on my arm and it's in no way different from Daejung's mark. So this guy wasn't lying to me at all?

After checking what Daejung noticed, he ties my wrists to the chair again and takes a seat across from me again. This guy is indeed my dad, he didn't lie to me about this. But still, I don't trust him. I don't trust him, I don't trust the Raveners. I am convinced that the Raveners do know about Daejung's real intention of why he wanted me here, he is just covering it up for them. There is no way possible that he isn't doing that, he just wants to convince me that he is different from the Raveners. The Raveners kept saying I was their 'long lost jewel' and I assume it has to do everything with Daejung calling me like that, with the result of them taking that phrase over from him. I wanna leave this place, I want to return to the Cha's!