The Price

A Simple Wish; But At A Price? [hiatus]

‘It’s not easy to get what you wanted. You have to pay for it.’ The creature from under the lake’s screams echoed through her ears.

 

-Flashback-

 

After she entered the giant mirror, she just ended up there, at the side of the road with all the people crying for help. And suddenly, Yeon’s eyes met with the eyes of a girl who seemed like she’s lost.

 

‘Hey, you! You can see me?!’ She yelled panically at her. But Yeon just kept herself quiet because she knew that’s the girl.

‘Who are you? Why am I like this?’ Jiyoung cried.

 

‘I’m the one who’ll take over your body from now. You.. You’re already dead.’ Yeon said carefully.

 

‘Andwae!’ Jiyoung cried helplessly as her spirit slowly vanished to somewhere only she knew.

 

Yeon walked closer towards the lifeless body. There’s blood all over as she went down on her knees. She still remembered the things that she had to do.

 

-End of Flashback-

 

She just froze as the woman hugged her and she felt her body stung everywhere. It.. It hurt.

 

‘Gwenchana? Omma’s so worried. You’re definitely a strong girl. The doctor said your injuries were fatal but still, you managed to survive. Even they’re surprised.’ The woman said happily while cupping her face.

 

‘She’s fine, right? I think I should go.’ Hyunseong said coldly and walked away. But before he could open the door, she yelled.

 

‘Wait! Don’t go!’

 

***

 

Jinyoung walked back and forth around the Sky’s Center Hall. Place where the creatures gather to listen to the Elders’ talk but that time there’s only five of them. Well, the troubled Newbies could come out only at night.

 

‘How could you suggest something like that to her?’ Sandeul’s the most furious one.

 

‘But we never thought it would work. We just went to the Sacred Lake and it turned out that it’s true. But Yeon still wanted to do it, so what can we do?’ Baro replied innocently.

 

‘The Elders would explode if they knew. Don’t involve me, Gongchan and Sandeul if they asked what happened to Yeon.’ Jinyoung’s always wanted to ensure himself free and innocent first before proceeding to anything.

 

‘If Yeon’s happy with that human, so let her be.’ CNU tried to defend himself and Baro.

 

‘Happy? I heard about the legend. The human whom that creature will be is the one that the reason despises the most.’ Sandeul’s still angry.

 

‘The reason?’ Clueless Gongchan asked.

 

‘Yeah, the reason why one wanted to be a human.’ Jinyoung answered his assistant’s question.

 

‘At least we can still see her. Well, only at night.’ Baro tried to cheer his friends up.

 

‘Poor Yeon. I’m sure she’ll be having a bad life as a human there.’ CNU said.

 

***

 

Hyunseong ignored her and just walked away, leaving Yeon and her mother alone. Slowly, she started to tear up.

 

‘Omo.. Jiyoung honey. Why’re you crying? Where does it hurt? Omma will call the doctor.’ Her mother said and left her to call for the doctor.

 

‘Is this the life I’m going to live? It’s okay, Yeon-ah. Be patient. At least I can be a human like I always wanted.’ She wiped her tears. Her body still hurt like crazy.

 

 

‘Jiyoung? Gwenchana?’ Slowly, the door opened and a head just popped out from behind it. She looked to the direction of the voice and to her surprise, there’s a boy. With golden hair and big eyes. He walked closer to her bed, making her a little startled.

 

‘Why.. Who are you?’ She asked. Her voice was shaking.

 

‘Mwo? It’s me Youngmin. Don’t you remember? Listen, I’m sorry because I was late. We already promised yesterday but I woke up late and…’ Yeon didn’t pay any attention to his words and she thought to herself.

 

‘I have to pretend like everything’s normal.  This is Jiyoung. I have to be her.’ She thought to herself.

 

‘It’s okay. I’m fine.’ She answered timidly, still a little scared and awkward being Jiyoung. Youngmin looked kind of shocked when he heard her soft and polite answer.

 

‘Wow.. Usually when I did something wrong, you would explode. I guess your body’s still hurting, right?’ He chuckled and held her hands but she resisted his touch.

‘Araso. I understand you’re still sick. Get well soon. I’ll do all of your notes back at school.’ He got up and patted her head. Then, he left her alone at the hospital bed.

 

‘Who is he actually?’ She mumbled to herself.

 


Thanks for reading and my 4 lovely subscribers *hearts*