Chapter 4

My lilac sky
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Damn it, can this day get worse? Donghae thought while getting ready for the party. He chose to wear something simple, a white long-sleeve shirt with some black details and a black pants combined with a belt. He didn't do anything special to his hair and he chose to wear his white converses to be more comfortable.

"Okay, now I have to find a way to get out of this house." He murmured. It would seem easy as any other day, but at that moment her mother, who forbade him to go to that 'peasant' party, was at home and what's more, she was staying in  the living room where she could see Donghae any moment he tried anything. He looked around his room and the only way out was the window. He got close and got dizzy just by peeking out a little bit the outside. He didn't know how to deal with heights that well. He sighed and tried to calm himself. A tree was growing near his window so one of the branches was accessible for Donghae to jump down the house without being noticed.
It's my only way out he reminded himself. After some minutes, he was ready to walk to Changmin's party.

The adrenaline and the panic he felt after touching the floor with his feet were still in his body so he walked slowly. He still got plenty of time.
While walking down the streets his mind started to get carried away with his thoughts. Today has not been one of my greatest days, huh...

 

He woke up when his alarm went off. The house was really quiet and the silence made him want to sleep more. Okay, just five more minutes. He closed his eyes again and fall asleep. When he opened the eyes and saw the time, his heartbeat started to race. "Oh no..." He complained and rushed to get ready. Like a lightning, he left the house and started to run. Two hours Hae, two... I said five minutes damn.

He arrived at school and got to his class. He knocked the door, praying for not getting detention after. Please, let it slide, please.
It was useless and he knew it. The class he was interrupting wasn't Jungwo's. It was Ms. Park. Minha Park. One of the scariest professors and more strict ones.
The door was opened while Donghae's nerves were growing, letting him see the deep frown and unfriendly face of Ms. Park.
"May I know why are you late, young Lee?" She asked without any bit of concern.
"I slept over." The brunette honestly replied. He bit his lower lip, trying his best not to cry and lowered his head. His eyes were already watering. Oh god Hae, you're a grown up. Stop being a crybaby. He thought. But it was easier said than done. Donghae was really sensitive and being scolded was something that made him really vulnerable. Plus, Ms. Park really was scary.
"Lee, stay after classes are over." She ordered and confirmed his fears. .
All of the other students were quietly watching both speaking. No one dared to move or to speak. Ms. Park turned back to the blackboard and continue the class.
The gazes that were once on Donghae were gone but two. The first, Junsu's one. The football player looked at his friend playfully and with a little smirk. The second one, the deep brown eyes that Donghae were looking for the day before. The lilac haired was staring at him with a serious face.

Donghae went to his seat the faster he could. Always looking down not allowing anyone notice his tearful eyes. He didn't dare to lift his head so he rested it on his arms. At this point, it didn't matter anymore if he paid attention or not. He had detention anyway. Once he calmed down, the class already finished and Junsu's loud voice interrupted his calmness.
"Hey sleepyhead, are you ready for tonight?" He asked happily. "By the way, today we have practice." He continued.
"But I have detention. You heard it." Donghae replied coldly. He was not feeling his best.
"Then you probably will have to stay more after we finished." Junsu answered as if it was obvious. Donghae sighed and stood up ready to go to the cafeteria.

Both boys got into the big room and greeted their teammates as usual. They sat down and started chatting. Everyone but Donghae who kept quiet, watching from time to time the lilac's table. He felt happy once he realized Eunhyuk was at school. And so did his eyes, the ones which couldn't stop looking at the other boy.
"Donghae are you in?" The sudden voice made Donghae startled and move his eyes away to see the person who was talking to him.
"What?" He asked. The brunette didn't have any clue what their table mates were talking about. He disconnected when they first started saying things about that night party.
"Man, lately you're really out" Changmin laughed. Well, it was true. Too many things were happening in his private life and his mood was not that up to keep pretending.
"I'm sorry. What were you saying?" He looked at them, trying his best to sound interested.
"We are betting that Jessica and Eunhyuk are going to make it out tonight." Changmin explained with a smile.
"I'm in, I bet whatever you want that they are really going to." Junsu said confidently. "What about you Hae?"
"I pass." He answered, avoiding the weird looks the other were giving him. The weird feeling he felt the afternoon before was coming back and so his irritation. "I'm going to the bathroom." He stated and stood up quickly leaving the cafeteria.

Donghae didn't need to enter the bathroom at all but it seemed the best place to sit and think. He locked the door and splashed some water to his face. It really cooled him down. When he finally was ready to leave the restroom his phone started to ring. Without looking the number he replied.
"Donghae. Come back as soon as your classes are over. We need to talk." The voice of an angry woman was on the other line. His mother.
"I have detention." He said calmly. His mother never called him. He was surprised.
"I don't care. I want you at home as soon as possible." She sounded angrier and hung up.
Donghae was feeling exhausted. Too many emotions in such a little time. I should have stayed at home god.

He left and went back to the classroom, finding Junsu waiting for him.
"It really took you time." Junsu loud laugh made everybody look at them. Everyone, including the lilac boy. Donghae blushed and ignored all the gazes.
"What?" He finally asked to his friend.
"You should skip detention Hae. Practice is more important." Junsu commented.
"As if I could." Donghae stated. He didn't want more problems.

The classes finished normally. And Donghae was ready to go home until he remembered detention. He started his way to the class where he would stay for an hour, but someone grabbed him before he could enter the new class.
"East Sea, how are you?" A playful voice said.
"What do you want?" Donghae replied, pretending to be upset but a little smile was formed on his lips when their eyes met.
"I can't believe Mr. Perfect has detention." He laughed. Mr. Perfect?
"Well, you saw it this morning." The brunette shrugged.
"Are you coming this night?" Eunhyuk suddenly changed the topic. It took some time for Donghae to process the question and while he thought the answer his mouth made an O. "Stop making that face East Sea, you look like a fish" Eunhyuk laughed loudly.
"Excuse me?" Were the first words Donghae could say. "I don't know if I will go honestly." He answered the original question after some seconds.
It seemed that was not the answer the lilac boy was looking for because his face made a total confused expression.
"You have to." He ordered while smirking.
"Why should I?" Donghae asked curious.
"You only have to." The other said boldly letting g

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter