Chapter 3

My lilac sky
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


The next morning, he woke up listening to her mother's yells. She was arguing with his husband on the phone. Nothing new. Donghae left his bedroom to listen what they were bickering about this time. He approached the stairs and sat down on the first step. The voice of her mother became clearer.


"I can't believe you're not coming with me! You are my husband!" The female shouted angrily. "You are leaving me with Donghae alone! Do you know the shame I will be feeling?" The frustration and exasperation in her voice made Donghae breath out. He realized what the topic was. The RPS, one of the most important parties in the business community. And this year, his father was the main sponsor among some other comrades. Donghae didn't know who were the other sponsors or the people invited. He didn't care at all. One, because he has never gone before. It was always Donghwa's responsibility to accompany their parents while Donghae was always left in the house with Theresa. And two, every time he has tried to talk about it with his mother, she has always avoided the topic. In the end, he gave up and his little interest about the party disappeared. He almost forgot about the event.
"What is that thing so important you have to do?!" Her mother shouts grew louder and louder. She was really pissed off. I should be getting ready. The brunette knew how everything would end. His father always had the last word.

He got back to his room just to hear the alarm of his phone go off. 7:00 am in the morning. He sighed and went to the bathroom ready to take a shower. The hot water started to touch his skin and he felt how all his worries were going away. One more year and I will move out. He thought. He wanted to leave that house. Start over again. Twenty minutes later, he was ready to go down and see his mother. And so he did. He went into the kitchen, finding the woman drinking coffee with a deep frown.
"Good morning mother." He greeted her, trying his best not to make her mood worse. She watched him silently and continue drinking her cup. Donghae found it pointless to try to make a conversation so he just grabbed an apple and left the house.
"Morning, young master." A cheerful voice greeted the brunette when he closed the door. Philip was her mother's chauffeur and he was really friendly with the family. Donghae smiled at him.
"Young master, I can give you a lift to the school." He offered. Donghae was about to decline the offer, but the honest smile the other was giving to him made Donghae nod.
During the trip, they talked about anything, how the younger was doing at school, how was Philip's family etc.

When they arrived, Donghae thanked Philip and entered the school ignoring all the murmurs. I should have walked damn. He wasn't fond of the attention people gave him. He couldn't understand it. That's why he had decided to walk home and not ask Philip since he realized people only wanted to know more about him because of the wealthy his parents were. He tried to be the most unnoticed he could.

When he entered the classroom, Junsu was already there. He was talking with a girl. Donghae was sure she saw her with Jessica. How was her name again? Oh yeah, Tiffany.
Tiffany and Jessica were best friends, or that's what they were trying to make people believe. When Donghae and Jessica were dating, the brunette had witnessed multiple fights both girls had every time one disagreed with the other's opinion. It was an exhausting time for Donghae. Only thinking about it made him shiver.
"Hey Junsu." He said calmly once he sat down beside him.
"Hae today we're going shopping." Junsu stated without turning to face Donghae. The latest didn't reply so he continued talking "Tomorrow's party is gonna be awesome. You have to wear good clothes man." He concluded. The brunette hummed and got drowned by his thoughts, ignoring whatever Junsu kept babbling about until he was interrupted by the teacher's explanations.

Donghae tried to stay focus on what the professor was saying, but he felt somehow uneasy. He decided to look back. His eyes were searching something, but he was not fully sure of what. Until he saw an empty seat next to the window. He frowned. Where is he? Donghae opened his eyes in surprise when he realized what he just thought. What the hell Donghae?! You have not just thought that, right?
He didn't understand why he felt sad when he couldn't see the lilac haired sat in his seat but he couldn't stop his mind nor his eye whose were searching for the lilac color everywhere. Even when the break time arrived and he was dragged out the class by Junsu to the cafeteria. His eyes were still trying to find him out.
"Seems like they are losers without his boss." Changmin's comment made Jun

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter