Chapter 1

My lilac sky
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Donghae thought about what went wrong. Maybe it was his fault. Probably he did something really bad in his past life and now karma was getting revenge. He laughed at that thought. "I'm losing my mind..."

Another sigh and he started walking without a concrete direction, just wandering around. His neighbourhood was quite nice. Full of mansions and luxury houses. Contrary of his neighbours who were snakes. Literally. The hypocrisy in that neighbourhood made donghae sick but he couldn't do anything, at least not anymore since his family decided to throw him out of his own house. "I bet Jessica is gonna be really happy with these news." He simply nodded. Jessica was his ex-girlfriend whom he never wanted to date. His parents obligated him to and in the end that relationship just made them both dislike each other.

He sat on a bench and looked at his phone, maybe his brother missed him. That idea made him giggle. His brother was not in Seoul at that moment and he probably didn't know what was happening to him. His parents would never let the world know what happened. He was their perfect son. Yeah, perfect. Or at least that's how society saw him and his fantastic family. His mother, a renowned designer famous in all Asia and starting to enter the occidental market. His father, an important CEO of one of the biggest companies in Seoul. And his brother, Donghwa, the excellent big brother and the pride of Lee family. He was currently staying in Japan doing research for some of his reports.

He was everything Donghae was not. And her mother would always remind him that fact.

Donghwa was more than smart. An excellent child who graduated with all laude. He was cheerful and people would love him even if they just met. He had a hidden talent or he enchanted people with some weird magic, Donghae believed.

We could say Donghwa was the favourite son. And Donghae was well aware of that. He realized it when he was six years old. He did so great in a test that one of his teachers called his mother to let her know how happy Donghae was feeling. All she said was "That's what I expected. Donghwa had never let me down and so Donghae should do the same." Those words weren't new for Donghae. But at that time they made him feel small and unimportant.

Eventually he accepted that he was not as relevant as Donghwa for his mother. And so he got used to being on the back in the background.

 

Ding ding.

 

The sound of his phone made Donghae startle. He looked at the screen. "Thinking of the devil" He mumbled. Indeed, it was his brother.

Donghae loved his brother. It wasn't his fault, he knew that. And Donghwa was really protective with him. They had a really nice brotherhood.

Donghae answered the call and a loud and excited voice welcomed him. "Donghae! Donghae! Do you know what?" Donghwa was always in a good mood and Donghae really liked that of his brother.
"Amaze me, sir Donghwa" Donghae replied while chuckling.
"You are going to be my best man." Donghae stopped breathing for a moment.
"W-wait, what? Donghwa stop joking" Donghae complained. Did he hear well? Best man? Best man for Donghwa's wedding? Since when did Donghwa have a girlfriend? His head was starting to hurt because of the many questions he had.
"It's gonna be next month, I'm so happy Donghae. I feel like a teenager again." Donghae just hummed and waited patiently for the older to continue.
"She's perfect Donghae, I met her when I came to Japan and we've been together since then. I really want you to meet her." Donghae was mentally counting the time his brother and that girl have been dating six months.
"S-six months!! Donghwa you don't know her well, you've been together just six months. What are you doing?" All his worries and problems became nothing. Now all he was worried about was how his brother was going to marry with a girl after only six months of knowing each other.
"Donghae, trust me. I really, really love her and so she does. Plus, I already told our parents about it and they are going to help me organize everything." He heard Donghwa's laugh and sighed.
It was not that he wasn't happy for his brother, he really was, but everything was so hurried.
"Don't worry Donghae, I know what I'm doing. I will call you later, I need to go now. Be a good kid, okay? Don't make mom angry." Donghwa hung up without letting Donghae complain.
If you knew brother, mother is really pissed off with me right now.

Donghae sighed again and rested his head on the back of the bench closing his eyes. "Maybe if I apologize and say everything was a joke, mother lets me in again." He murmured to himself.

The brunette was lost in his thoughts when he noticed someone was sitting next to him. He slowly opened his eyes to see who t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter