Intern VI

The Intern

Sujeong tilted her head at the bag Taehyung held in his hand as he beamed at her. He pushed it forward once more and she stared him down. 

"No." 

His smile and arm dropped at the same time. "Why not?"

Sujeong sighed, "I know it's been a year since we've been together, but I told you I don't want any expensive gifts. Sometimes people ask about it or assume stuff."

"That has nothing to do with how I treat you. Why can't I give you something nice every once in a while?"

Sujeong avoided his eyes, "Because I'm not used to this okay." He rested the bag down and walked over and hugged her tightly. He made her face him and brushed her hair back, "I love you."

She gasped softly as her eyes filled with tears and he pouted and whispered, "Don't cry." Her tears fell and she hit his shoulder, "You can't suddenly confess like that and not expect me to cry."

"Did it make you understand at least? I treat you with stuff because I want you be happy. I want you to look your best and have the best. There shouldn't be anything that stops me doing that right?" 

Sujeong buried her head in his chest and sobbed. He patted her back softly and she sniffled before pulling away. She opened the bag and pulls out a short black dress and gasped at the details. 

"I was saving up to buy this one day! How did you know?" 

He hugged her from behind, "I saw it on your vision board a few months ago at your apartment." She blushed, "Oh." 

He laughed, "I think it's cute." She turned around and pressed her lips against his softly. He responded immediately trying to deepen it but she pulled away. 

"What's wrong?" 

"I just wanted to say me too."

He shook his head, "You don't have to feel pressured to say it back."

"But I don't. I feel happy when I'm with you. I love seeing you do what you love and help people. I love when you rant about things or when you're quiet. I love the way you quietly watch over others and help them when they least expect it. I love when you suddenly get shy after acting y. I just love you. Everything about you."

He threw his head back, "I shouldn't cry." He laughed as he spun her around before kissing her nose, "I love you." He began kissing every part of her face saying, "I love you," over and over again. 

He grinned and raised an eyebrow, "You wanna stay over tonight?" 

She took a deep breath before nodding.

His face morphed into surprised, "Really? I was just joking. You don't have to if you don't want to." She held his hand, "I want to. And I'm ready." 

Yeontan covered his face in the corner as his owner clutched his female clouded to him as though they wanted to melt together. He ran away knowing what was about to happen and began playing on his own in the corner. 

~~~

"I want you to meet my friends and members." 

Sujeong looked up at him from his lap, "Really?" He flipped the page of his art book, "Yeah. I want Yoshi off my amazing girlfriend." 

"Will it be a dinner?"

He shook his head, "It's a party. You can wear the dress I got you. I know you haven't worn it yet." 

She narrowed her eyes, "Did you plan this?" He grinned, "You know I love you." She threw a cushion at him before replying, "I'll wear it. But I'm styling myself!" 

He nodded and held out his pinky, "It's a promise then." She looked hers around his, "Promise."

She looked into his eyes and suddenly felt the tension increase. She began subtly leaning in when he grinned before hugging her and bursting into his best friends song. 

She rolled her eyes before swaying and singing along with him. 

~~~

"Sujeong you're almost ready right?" Sujeong glared at her phone on the counter as she out an earring in. "I'm almost ready. We're like an hour early. I don't know why you're rushing." 

"I was planning on getting dinner before going to the club." She instantly calmed down and picked up the phone and kissed it, "Okay. You're downstairs right?" 

"I'll be there in a while." She curled her hair slowly, "Okay then focus on driving. Call me when you're down." 

Sujeong walked down her apartment and carefully looked around her complex parking lot before holding her clutch near her face and walking out towards the park. She spotted her boyfriends car and ran over and knocked on the window. 

He jumped but opened it and she slid in. "Let's go." 

He nodded and started the car and was about to pull off  when his eyes landed on her legs. "Is that fishnet stockings with diamonds? What are you wearing?"

He turned his body to look at her body before gasping, "Wah, my girlfriend is beautiful." She grinned, "Thank you." "I almost don't want to take you to the club and just carry you home with me."

Her blush erupted and she hit his army shyly, "How do you say stuff like that with an innocent look on your face?" 

He smirked, "It's a gift." 

~~~

They didn't stop for dinner, but instead just ordered McDonald's from a drive through. They drove to the club and arrived a bit early.  

Taehyung had a large bucket hat that covered half his face and a mask on. He got out of his car at the valet and jogged over to help Sujeong out. 

She grabbed his hand and got out before shaking her hair. He stopped in his tracks and she smiled at him, "Do I look good?" 

He pulled away to scan her body. She had her hair in loose curls with a smoky glittery eye makeup with dark lipstick. A thick black choker with a wing on it that was paired with the black dress and black diamond fishnet stockings and pumps. 

He spun her around before hugging her tightly, "I really don't want to share you right now." She laughed, "I know. Did you get the gift out of the car?" 

He pulled away and took the gift out and grabbed her hand. "Let's go."

They entered in the main area, but diverted to the VIP rooms located above the dance floor. The walls shook with the bass and Taehyung leaned in, "Are you nervous?" 

She nodded a little and he whispered, "I'm by your side okay?" 

They arrived in front of the party room and the doors opened and Taehyung held up their hands,  "Jimin!" 

Jimin beamed at him and ran over to give him a hug. All the other guests bowed politely to him before getting back to their drinks. 

Jimin pulled away laughing before smirking at Sujeong, "Are you the mysterious girlfriend?" 

Sujeong bowed, "My name is Sujeong. Happy birthday." Jimin giggled, "I know you. You work at a broadcasting station." He looked at her neck, "I like your choker." 

He looked his arm through her other arm and pulled them towards the small group, "This is Tae's pretty mysterious girlfriend Sujeong! Be nice to her okay?" 

They all nodded and they were handed shots from a server. 

Taehyung watched her closely from the corner of his eye as they began to mingle and get comfortable.

~~~

Sujeong gripped onto Taehyung's jacket as he held onto her waist. She pulled his face close to hers and whispered, "I want to take a picture together." He looked down at her and she closed her eyes slowly. She was tipsy. 

"I don't have a lot of our pictures together. I don't want you to show your face but I want to show you off sometimes." 

He sighed and hugged her, "I know it's hard sometimes." He handed Jimin his phone as he put on his hat. 

"Take a picture of us." Jimin raised an eyebrow, "You sure?" 

He nodded, "Just don't show my face or anything." Jimin shrugged and took one while they were hugging. Sujeong recognized the flash before moving to his side and posting with his back. She turned for another and pressed a kiss against his cheek. Jimin handed her the phone, "They look great." 

Sujeong checked them and beamed, "These are so nice!" She showed them to him and he nodded, "You can post them on your other private account." 

She looked at him in shock, "Really?" He nodded, "Send them to me too." She sent them to him but he held her hand, "Do the posting when you're sober okay?" She nodded and he kissed her quickly. "We're leaving soon okay?" 

She wiggled her eyebrows and he laughed at her funny expression. 

~~~

Sujeong yawned as she turned over in her bed. She reached for her phone and frowned when she didn't feel it. She opened her eyes to see a familiar ceiling and sat up. 

Taehyung walked out of the bathroom as he dried his hair off. "Are you looking for your phone?" She nodded and he smiled at her childlike grabbing as he placed it in her hands. He pressed a quick kiss against her forehead. "Cute."

Sujeong checked her pictures from the night before and then uploaded them to her private account. She threw the phone aside before laying back down and drifting to sleep.