Intern III

The Intern

"Here's your room. We hope you enjoy your meal." Sujeong bowed to the server and anxiously grabbed her bag strap tighter. 

She had been talking to Taehyung through messages for the past two weeks,  but she hadn't met up with him. He finished promotions shortly after giving her his number, and was preparing for his world tour. 

So she hadn't seen him fora few weeks since they started dating. 

'Are we dating?' she thought. 'He never actually asked me.' A waiter suddenly passed her and opened the door and announced loudly, "I was just coming to serve the menus." 

Sujeong jumped and laughed awkwardly, "Yes I'm going in now." 

She walked in with her head low and sat across from Taehyung. She bit her lip nervously before meeting his eyes. His eyes sparkled as he smiled widely. "I missed you."

Sujeong's cheeks exploded with a red color and the server quickly put the menus down and hurried out. Taehyung took off his hat and ran a hand through his hair. 

Her eyes widened, "Your hair color is really pretty." He smiled, "Thank you."

"Can I touch it?" 

He nodded and leaned forward and she gently patted his head. "It's so fluffy and soft. Like cotton candy." He looked up at her and raised an eyebrow, "Is this how you say I miss you?"

She looked at his eyes and moved back from the intense stare. She opened a menu and looked through. "What would you recommend from here?" 

"You're cute," he said as he rested his head on his hand. She hid her face with the menu and glared at him, "You're making me blush." He tilted his head, "I know but it's because I like you." 

She began coughing at his sudden confession and reached for the teapot of water. He poured her a cup and handed it to her. 

She drank it quickly and he looked worried. "Sorry am I too forward? I was never really good at hiding my emotions."

She shook her head, "No I like honesty, but you have to at least warn me." 

"So if you like honesty that means you like me then?" Sujeong through for a moment then replied, "We'll see. Do you like pasta?" 

He nodded and opened his menu. "I heard their steak is really good."

~~ 

The sound of clinking silverware to plates was the only sound heard after they had eaten about four dishes together. 

He smiled, "I like your appetite." She took a sip of wine slowly as she looked at him, "I don't know if that's a compliment." 

He leaned forward, "That just means I like one more thing about you." She looked at him and her breath caught in . "I have to use the bathroom."

Sujeong stared at her face in the mirror. She reached up to wet her face but sighed heavily, "I'll mess up my makeup." 

She went to dry her hands when a waitress appeared in front of her. "I'm really sorry to ask this but are you okay tonight?" 

Sujeong tilted her head in confusion, "I think so?"

"If you have any problems just signal is for a menu and we can deal with any affairs as quietly as possible okay?" 

Sujeong frowned then she realized the look the woman was giving her. "Oh. OH. No I'm fine. I'm just nervous." 

The waitress nodded and rested her hand on her arm, "The offer still stands for you about any matter small or big okay?"

Sujeong felt her heart warm up a bit and she nodded, "Thank you."

 

Taehyung typed furiously as he waited for Sujeong to come back. 

Tae: you told me to just tell her like it is. 

jim: it usually works for me. 

Tae: the people you flirt with are used to you. 

jim: well now you know one thing to not do now. 

He threw his head back in anger and groaned. He rested his head in his hands and thought for a long moment. 

Sujeong had quietly entered and saw him looking distressed and tense. 

She walked over and knelt down next to him. She put her hand on his shoulder and began rubbing it softly. 

He looked up in shock and was about to speak when she suddenly asked, "Should we date?" 

He blinked, surprised.

 

Then he said, "Yes."