Intern IV

The Intern

"So you're telling me you have a boyfriend for over 5 months, but we've never seen him." 

Sujeong looked around at her small group of friends before nodding, "He's off on business so he's out of the country most of the time." 

"How old is he again?"

"Twenty-three." 

Mina, her best friend, shook her head, "This doesn't sound right. His often do you physically see each other?" 

"Maybe once or twice a month." 

Mina gasped, "Nope. Nope. This guy is shady." 

Yujin nodded in agreement, "Are you sure he's only dating you?" 

Sujeong nodded, "I'm positive." 

"When can we see him at least?"

Sujeong bit her lip nervously and shrugged, "I honestly don't know."

The door opened and a student popped their head in. "Sujeong there's a visitor for you at the gate!" 

"Did your parents come to visit you again?" She frowned, "They didn't tell me." 

"Maybe it's a surprise from her mysterious boyfriend." 

Yujin made eye contact with Mina and they instantly got up and began pushing Sujeong towards the door. 

"He's not in Korea this week anyway so it's probably my mom coming to surprise me." 

She walked out the gates followed closely by her best friends. Sujeong looked around the parking lot and raised an eyebrow at an expensive car in front of her. 

It looked discreet,  but she knew it was very expensive.

"Did you miss me?" 

Sujeong turned around and jumped in Taehyung's arms and climbed onto him. She kissed his mask covered face in excitement. 

"You're here!" 

He hugged her back and laughed, "I need to go on trips more often if I get this kind of welcome." 

She dropped down and hugged him tightly, "No. I missed you too much." His eyes lit up with amusement, "That's the first time you actually said that without petting my hair first." 

"One,  you are supposed to be in Japan and two you're wearing a hat." 

"Fair enough. Now let's go before someone notices." 

She nodded and he got into the car. 

As she sat in the car with him Yujin and Mina appeared next to her window. She jumped in shock and he glanced at her, "Do you know them?"

"Yeah they're my best friends. They really want to meet you." 

He lowered his head and unlocked the windows. She let the window down halfway and Mina smiled, "Hi mysterious boyfriend who shall not be named." 

Sujeong face palmed instantly and looked over at Yujin who was scrutinizing his face and car. She raise up the money sign with her fingers and Sujeong swatted it away. 

Taehyung chuckled softly and the girls looked at him. 'His voice.' they mouthed to her. 

She sighed, "My boyfriend has a cold right now so he didn't sound very good."

"What's his name?"

She glanced at him, "Vincent." 

He looked at her in shock and she shrugged. 

Yujin leaned in, "You didn't tell us he's a foreigner." 

"He's not that's his Catholic name." 

"Oh." 

Sujeong glanced at the time and said, "We really have to go, because he has some more work to do okay. I promise I'll call you tonight." 

Mina raised an eyebrow but nodded. 

Taehyung started the car then turned to them, "I'll treat you to lunch when I have time." 

Mina and Yujin looked at her in shock and before she could reply he drove away. 

~~ 

"I can't believe you just did that." Taehyung smiled at Yeontan before playfully biting at his nose. He looked at Sujeong confused, "Did what?" 

"Talked then drove off like that." He put the dog down and walked into the kitchen to pour her a drink. "I knew you didn't want to lie but I wanted to tell them that anyway." 

Sujeong frowned, "I don't want them to think you're rude or anything." 

He rolled his eyes as he rested the drink on the table and put a grape in . He made her face him and said, "What does what they think of me matter? Are they dating me?" 

Sujeong bit into the grape harshly, "That's not what I'm saying." He grabbed her cheek and kissed her deeply as he pressed her into the couch. He pulled away and smiled, "Than what were you saying?"

She pushed him lightly and drank some juice, "Don't distract me. I just don't want them to think you're a bad person when you're one if the best people I know."

He cooed and straddled her before hugging her. She slapped his arms and he just hugged tighter. "Get off me you're heavy!" 

He grinned as he pinched her cheeks, "My bbangdeok is so cute. She's so cute."

"I'm not a dog!"

He kissed her nose and she squealed softly. He shifted his body,  so he wouldn't be crushing her with his weight. "You're too cute. Even cuter than Yeontan." 

"I really should hope I'm cuter than a dog." He laughed and got off her and pushed her body up so that he could sit down. He rest her head softly on a pillow on his lap and began brushing her hair back. 

"I'll apologize whenever I see them again but they can't tell anyone about us." 

"They won't." 

He sighed, "I know you trust them an everything  but I have to let them sign a form or something to be protected." She sat up, "Really?" 

He held her hands, "I hate the idea too, but our company is already a bit worried about our relationship and I haven't given you a form or anything because I trust you. I think the only way you can let them know about our relationship is through that."

She pulled her hands away and he sighed before turning her to him softly, "Please don't make this hard for me. Try to understand where I'm coming from. I've been really worried lately about people finding out about you and something bad happening."

She looked up at him as she felt his hands getting sweaty. She frowned and leaned closer, "Are you crying?"

He threw his head back and sniffed loudly and she gasped before reaching for some tissues. She sat on his lap then wiped them away for him. He wrapped his arms around her waist and buried his head in her shoulder as he began to sob. 

"Tae what's wrong?" 

"I'm so sorry you have to go through things like this. No girlfriend should be afraid to be with me in public. I should be able to do normal things with you, but I never can."

She rubbed his back softly and pulled him away from her shoulder. She caressed his cheek softly, "You're so kind and handsome." He sniffed and wiped his eyes. 

"I understand. I'll tell them to sign the form so don't worry okay? When I asked to date, I was aware of the good and the bad that came with it. Maybe some things I underestimated but I understand okay. So don't cry. I understand." 

He smiled and hugged her tighter, "Thank you." 

"Always."

~~~~

"So my boyfriend is an idol."

Mina rolled her eyes, "We guessed that already." Yujin pouted and muttered, "We weren't 100% sure though."

Mina nudged her softly and then leaned forward, "So who is he?"

Sujeong held up a finger before reaching into her bag and pulling out two blue folders. 

"Before you meet him you have to sign these."

Mina opened it and frowned before leaning forward, "Who in the world are you dating?"