DAY 1

A Deal of 20

It was a usual tiring day for Hyewon, being an introvert and having to socialize with people make it not just physically, but also mentally draining. It goes without saying that Hyewon is one hell of a quiet girl only talking to people when there is something important, answers questions straight to the point (what’s the point of making the conversation long?).

But despite all of that, her roommate Minju knows that the introvert girl is sweet to the people she trusts and comfortable the most (which is only not that many).

As Hyewon entered their room, she saw Minju watching some sappy Korean drama while munching some gummies. She smiled at the sight of her roommate being completely into the cliché trope of the drama. Despite being tired she decided to pester her roommate, hence as she slipped off her shoes she jumped on top of her roommate’s lap and stole the plastic of gummies.

“Hey! That’s just plain rude unnie, that’s mine!” Minju exclaimed while trying to snatch the gummies from the intruder’s hand.

“Too bad I’m going to finish it now.” Hyewon answered as she quickly trying to finish the whole bag of gummies. As she saw her roommate’s face, she laughed and got off the latter’s lap.

“Kidding, but seriously cut me some slack. I’m tired, y’know?” The older one said as she pouted, Minju just laughed and snatched the gummies from the sulking girl and continued to watch her drama.

Hyewon chuckled and decided to change into much comfortable clothes, she stood up and went inside her room. A simple shirt and shorts were put on, and she went out to join her roommate to watch the drama.

Seriously, this is so cliché and cringey. She enjoys this kind of drama? Hyewon thought as she continued to watch the drama. Having enough of it, she started to look around their room whether she could find anything interesting to do. Her gaze then went to her roommate sitting at her left, completely into the drama.

“You look beautiful today.”

Surprised, Minju looked at Hyewon as if she has grown two heads and just chuckled.

“You practically say that every day unnie.”

“Because you look beautiful every day.” Hyewon smiled as she gazed softly at Minju, making the latter sigh.

“Unnie, you know you stop right?” Minju said as she looked at the older girl.

Hyewon averted her gaze as she shrugged her shoulders. She could still feel her roommate’s eyes on her making her sigh. As if I haven’t tried.

“Well then if you want that so much, you look like a frog today.” She answered with a straight face, which result a smack coming from the younger girl.

“Hey! Now that’s just plain rude!”

“You said I should stop! Take it as a compliment, not everyone can look like a frog!”

Minju continued smacking her older roommate, drama completely forgotten being a background sound for the two while as they are fighting. Hyewon could not help but to laugh at her roommate, trying to stop all the harmful advances her roommate is doing.

As they are playing (or flirting? Who knows.), Hyewon caught Minju’s arms but the latter was trying to break free from her grip, which caused the older one to lose her balance and fall, landing on top of Minju. She pushed herself up to look at her roommate, who was still laughing completely oblivious to the stare of Hyewon.

“20 days.”

“What?” Minju answered as her laughter slowly come to a stop as she notices Hyewon’s stare at her.

“Let’s date for 20 days.” Hyewon answered without any hesitation.

Minju dumbfounded with the suddenness of the older girl, just stared up to her roommate.

“I don’t get it.”

Hyewon scoffed with her roommate’s answer, getting off from their position she cleared .

“I did some research, Mr. Google said that it takes 20 days for a person to fall in love with you.”

Hyewon turned to look at Minju’s face, and as expected she was frowning from her proposition.

“What do you mean, 20 days?” Minju rolled her eyes.

“Let’s date for 20 days, then if you don’t fall in love with me then I’m going to completely stop pursuing you.”

“You know that I like someone el – “  

“Yeah, I know you like Ahn Yujin. But it’s not like you guys are together.” Hyewon answered with a smirk.

“Hey! That’s because she – “

“Because you’re too much of a coward to ask her out.” Which earned the older girl a smack.

Minju contemplated with her roommate’s proposition, looking at her roommate’s face smiling softly at her. It’s not like she’s going to take advantage of me.

“When you said date, what does that include?” Lighting up at the question, Hyewon excitedly answered.

“It’s the typical girlfriend type of thing, I take you out on dates and all those things you see on your cliché dramas!”

Hearing the word ‘girlfriend’ made the younger girl widen her eyes.

“Girlfriend things, you mean – “

“Yes Minju, it also includes kisses and hugs.” Hyewon smiled innocently at her roommate

“No, that’s plain harassment!” Minju strongly rejects the idea which made Hyewon sad for a second but then thought of an idea.

“How about 20 kisses only? I could spend it whenever I want to. But only with your consent, but at least we both know our limitations, right?” Hyewon suggested, nodding at herself for thinking of such a bright idea. Wow I’m such a genius at negotiations.

Minju pondered for a minute, but as she looks at her roommate positively anticipating her answer. She could not help but sigh. Hearing the sigh, Hyewon thought she would be rejected by the younger girl.

“You know what? Just forget what I said, it’s kind of stu – “

“Okay, let’s do it.” Minju cut her off.

Hyewon looked at her roommate confused with what she said.

“Do what?”

“Let’s date for 20 days.”

Hyewon literally light up with what she heard from Minju and tackled the younger girl into a hug.

“Really? Really really?” She questioned like a child just gotten an approval to buy her favorite candy.

“Yes, but! Just 20 kisses, and I’d be keeping tabs.” Minju rolled her eyes at Hyewon’s excitement. She’s seriously different with other people. Hyewon hopped off her roommate and shouted a loud ‘yes’ which caused Minju to chuckle.

“But don’t expect anything from me, alright?”

Hyewon too happy, nodded at her roommate’s question.

“This won’t change anything between us, right?”

“Yes ma’am! I don’t go back on my words. You know that!” Hyewon answered enthusiastically.

Minju just laughed at her roommate’s antics, not noticing how Hyewon is already staring at her full of emotions. Seeing the younger girl happy and carefree is all what Hyewon needs, she can’t afford to make Minju cry. She sighs happily and slowly walks over to the still laughing girl.

Wiping the tears forming, Minju slowly stopped laughing and breathe for air.

“So when do we – “ She was cut of by two hands cupping her cheeks and a feeling of soft pair of lips on her own. Hyewon could not help herself to do the one thing she wanted to do the most since she realized she developed feelings for the younger girl.

Recovering from her shock, Minju just closed her eyes and went with the flow. Noticing how gentle her roommate is holding her and how she’s slowly melting with their kiss. Pulling away from each other, trying to catch their breath, Minju opened her eyes just to stare straight into Hyewon’s eyes.

“Today, we start today.” Hyewon answered, with her voice low and husky from all the emotions she’s currently feeling. Minju just nodded at the older girl as she still tries to catch her breath.

Smiling at the younger girl, Hyewon patted the latter’s head.

“We should rest now, it’s getting late.” She said as she cleans up the mess Minju made while watching. The latter still shock with the sudden kiss, nodded her head and stand up. This made the older roommate chuckle.

“Come on, stop that. 1st day and one kiss, you’re already in love with me?” Hyewon joked, which made Minju roll her eyes and another smack was given.

“Shut up, you surprised me!” Which just earned a laugh from the older girl.

“If you say so, don’t forget to clean yourself up okay?” Hyewon reminded the younger girl as she walks to her room. Minju just mumbled an okay as she walks to their bathroom, but before she could enter, she heard her name being called by her roommate.

“Goodnight Minju-ah, love you.” Hyewon said softly as she looked straight to Minju and smiled before entering her own room. Minju could only gulp and hastily enter the bathroom. Stop it, she always says that before going to sleep!

On the other side, Hyewon is laying on her bed looking at the ceiling. Thinking about what just transpired outside her room, from her proposition to her roommate unexpectedly agreeing, and to their kiss. What the hell am I thinking?

But she knows what she was thinking, and what might happen at the end of their deal. And it is not absolutely at her favor, but to each their own right?

I’ll make her happy and nothing more. Even just for a limited time, I want to be the main reason for her smiles.