Chapter 4

Because I'm cute!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was 8 PM, and Chanyeol was currently standing in front of the Gryffindor common room entrance. Although it annoyed him to death to be in the presence of that annoying brat, it was all for the plan.

Not a second later, Baekhyun opened the entrance and told Chanyeol to come in. His first opinion about the Gryffindor common room was that it was cosy, undoubtedly different to the Slytherin’s dungeon, but it suited the Gryffindors' personalities. Especially Baekhyun’s. He was always smiling and making sure that everyone was comfortable. Perhaps something he admired, even though he didn’t like to admit it.

Baekhyun sat on the famous Gryffindor sofa in front of the fireplace. Chanyeol joined him and tried to sit as far as possible from his enemy. One problem, the Gryffindor scooted closer to him. Their knees were touching, and he could smell Byun, wait was that perfume that he smelled?

“So let’s start with the first question.” 30 minutes went by, and Chanyeol was going crazy. He didn’t know if Byun did it on purpose, but it made Chanyeol frustrated. He knew Baekhyun was pretending to be dumb and not understand anything.

“Byun, I know that you are faking your dumbness.” Baekhyun didn’t even try to hide his surprised face. “Okay, you got me. I actually did not need your help.” This surprised Chanyeol. “Then why did you even call me here.” Baekhyun let out a sigh, and then he smiled. “Because it still feels awkward to change our relationship dynamics suddenly. It is so sudden that you want to befriend me, not that I mind.” Baekhyun reassured Chanyeol.

Chanyeol would feel the same if he ever wanted to befriend Baekhyun for real, so he had to act understanding. “No it’s okay Baekhyun, I understand.” This made Baekhyun calm down.

“let’s start slowly, I will visit you twice a week, and then we can do some activities together.” Yikes. Chanyeol really deserved an award for this.

“an activity together? Sounds fun. Be careful, though, or you will end up falling in love with me.” Baekhyun winked. Chanyeol awkwardly laughed. “and your confidence is back. Anyways, it’s getting late. I’m leaving.” Before Chanyeol could leave Baekhyun grabbed his wrist. “wait! I got you something as a thank you for helping me today, even though I didn’t need it.” A gift? Byun got a gift for him?

Before he could answer, something was shoved into his hands. It was a box filled with chocolate frogs, which he found delicious. Chanyeol thanked him, and they bade their goodbyes. There stood Chanyeol outside the Gryffindor common room entrance, looking at the chocolate box in his hands. Wondering when Baekhyun got so nice. Deep in his mind, he thought that perhaps Baekhyun was always nice but just misunderstood, but the world knew that Chanyeol was not ready to accept it.

Two days later Chanyeol was told to wait in front of the castle, as Baekhyun invited him to Hogsmeade. Chanyeol never went to Hogsmeade, as he was always alone into his books. Though he planned on going once in his lifetime, he never thought it would be with Byun Baekhyun, his enemy.

He kept telling himself that the results would be worth it; thus, it kept him motivated to keep the act. A few minutes later, Baekhyun arrived, and he saw him holding something in his hands before he quickly hid it.

“Hello Chanyeol!” he imagined a shining light circling Baekhyun’s body. Somehow Byun managed to be brighter than usual, and it had effects on Chanyeol. However, he did not like it.

“You look great Park, shall we go?” Byun seemed normal, but Chanyeol was shock

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter