From Her.

Until again, Goodbye. [Discontinued]

Daehyun stared at his partner from afar, watching her laugh at the joke Zelo told her. They stood close together, Charlie taking a picture with Zelo on her phone.

They were all just lounging around, the cameras catching their laidback personalities as the challenge came to a wrap.

Daehyun squatted on the floor, playing with a few twigs on the floor.

She really puzzled him- as much as Jong Up's smile did for him.

One second she would be extremely outgoing and angelic and then the next second, she would be the spawn of Satan or something. Daehyun had heard of the term PMS before, but he wondered, was it really like this?

He shook his head as he watched her laugh with one of the girls, proving his point that one second she would be all endearing to them and once they turn around, she has this stoic expression on her.

Daehyun stared at her face, watching her interact with the people around her. She laughed, a clear and girly sound coming out of . It kind of reminded him of wedding bells, but maybe not as symbolic.

In the end, he had concluded it was a pretty laugh for a girl who was like the Devil. Well, prettier in his eyes anyway.

Charlie turned towards his direction. She grinned and waved. Daehyun, being Daehyun, didn't react to it, causing her to pout. She looked to her left at Zelo again as he caught her attention with an object in his hand.

The next conclusion he had made was that her right side wasn't as ugly as the left side for some reason.

She really did wonders to him.

His final conclusion would be to get closer to this girl… well as close as he could without being too weird. He wanted to get down to business and be able to read this girl like a book.

 

 

I cracked up again at Zelo's cuteness. He was strangely adorable in a way a girl would look at their reading buddy or something. The stuff he said was hilarious and I don't know, maybe he just had that charm about him.

Before I could continue laughing, I heard some yelling. I looked in front of me and saw that Daehyun was slightly disheveled.

"Why would you scare someone like that? You almost gave me a heart attack! What the hell…" Daehyun had taken off his mask to scold a traumatized Jong Up. He looked around him, noticing that everyone was staring at him. He quickly put his mask on and walked away.

"Wow, that's the most he's said to Jong Up not in a normal voice in a month."

"I'll go see if he's okay." I shrugged, giving an embarrassed smile to Zelo.

"No problem, Noona."

I walked after him, grabbing the sleeve of his jacket. I put on a silly grin, "Hey, where do you think you're going, Mister? Come say bye to everyone before the filming wraps up."

He looked back and kinda dazed out, staring at me. "W-What? Is there something on my face? , I gotta go redo my makeup then…"

"No...there's nothing on your face." He said simply. He stared at the hand that was tugging on his jacket.

I quickly pulled away as if his jacket was on fire. "Sorry. Come on, let's go take a group picture or something." I bounced on my feet, waiting for him to come follow me.

He stared at me jumping on the spot. "What's wrong with you?" He asked, a slight amused tone to his voice.

I blushed, realizing what I was doing. "S-shut up, I'm kind of hyper. Zelo's jokes really woke me up."

Daehyun sighed and followed me to the group.

 

 

I sat on a slightly rotten log, Daehyun sitting a little farther this time from me, but on the same log. I looked up at the stars, admiring their strength to light up the sky. I smiled silly to myself, just thinking about the wonders of the Earth made me ecstatic.

"Yah, why are you smiling?" Daehyun asked. Since his little shenanigans earlier, he ended up talking more, but I guess only to me.

I giggled at my dorky self, slightly feeling my face get warm. "I don't know...being in raw nature makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. I mean, I love the city, but I love the forest. I have one in my backyard and I like going there."

"You have a forest in your backyard?" Daehyun seemed genuinely surprised at my new-found information.

"Yeah, my parents' home's in Apgu-Jong."

Daehyun stared at me, not really having a reaction worth remembering.

"Really." His question turned more into a statement.

I nodded. "Yeah. But I don't like telling people where I live. I don't want them to get the wrong impression that I'm just a snobby or something from there, seeking acceptance from other snobby people. I really don't see myself like that nor I ever will."

Daehyun took a minute to absorb the new information. "So, what you're trying to say is that, you're not a regular rich person?"

I chuckled and nodded. "Yeah, I grew up like any other normal family. I was forced to take responsibility for what I did. I must say though, my parents would let me have the best and only the best. They helped a lot with my education. Other than that, a lot of stuff I gained on my own account. Kind of like you, in a way."

Daehyun gave me a confused expression at my suggestion. "Like, for example, you can't be in a singing academy or considered to be in the music industry without having talent, right. And even with talent like yours, it doesn't get any easier. You end up relying on yourself anyway."

"Why are you asking so many questions anyway?" I asked, smiling. "I thought you weren't the talkative type."

He didn't answer, proving my point.

We stuck around, watching the stars more, a silly grin forever plastered on my face, a curious look clouding Daehyun's eyes.

 

 

The group gathered around the living room in front of their TV, getting ready for the commercials to be over so they could continue watching the end of their show.

"And now, we return to Idols over Boys!"

The captions read that now, they'll be interviewing each of the girls, asking them how their experience had felt.

It had been a week since the filming for their last episode of their show. To be honest, all of them knew that they would each miss their own partner.

Charlie's face popped on to the screen, Zelo nudging Daehyun. Daehyun glared at Zelo's contact of his elbow and his own side.

"Is this thing on?...It's what?...oh, oh, okay." She giggled. "Hi, I'm Charlie and I'm 18 years old. My main partner for this show, and I say main because I had two different partners, was Daehyun-sshi."

"Since when did she address you like that?" Bang inquired.

"Never."

"What was your initial reaction of the show?"

"Well, one thing's for sure, if I wasn't getting paid good moola, I wouldn't have done it. A student like me needs to pay off their tuition!" Charlie smiled. "Well, and I guess the music industry did have it's influence on me. It was the first time I had heard of this rookie group and I thought, what the heck, I'll do it."

"What was your favourite memory?"

"My favourite memory would have to be the day I switched partners, not because Young Jae wasn't great, but because of the challenge. It was so funny when I took that selca, oh my god, I'm giggling as I think of it." Charlie cracked up. "Do I have it?...Uh, I actually do." She took out her cell phone and showed the background of her photo, her cute pose and all of Daehyun's derp-glory.

The members of the group burst out laughing at his photo. Daehyun hid his face behind a cushion in embarrassment. If he ever saw this girl again, she would totally get it. She even scolded him when he asked her if she still had these photos, accusing him of being obsessed with her.

"What did you think of your partner at first?"

"At first, I thought he was a snob. A really weird, quiet snob that may have had weird es like watching dogs do it or something like that. I don't know, I have weird impressions of people and I'm guessing it's the same for myself." She cleared . "His bowl-cut really makes me laugh, even though it suits him so well."

"What do you think of your partner now?"

"I think of him as a lost puppy. I don't know. I'm not sure how to answer this question." Charlie smiled.

"What's the number one thing you'll miss on this show?"

"Ah, it's kind of ironic I'm going to mention this, but this is what I've thought of." She her lips as she thought of a way to put her thoughts into words. "So, I'm sure most of you know, I make fun of everyone on the show. Doesn't matter who, what or when, there will always be one scene in the show where I'm insulting someone. Now, I'm sure we can all think of one thing I insult in every episode."

Daehyun almost facepalmed himself, dreading what will be coming.

"So, I'm just gonna sum it up as quick as I can. I always made fun of Daehyun-sshi's Busan Dialect. Now, I have nothing against people with accents. In fact, I quite admire all of them in a weird, way. So, Daehyun, if you're watching this, this is kind of directed to you." She cleared again, brushing a lock behind her ear. "I'm really, really sorry I made fun of your Busan Dialect. I really am. You see this face? Yeah, this beautiful face is sorry alright. In fact, I really enjoyed your accent and being completely honest, it's adorable. So, my conclusion is, that's the one thing I'll miss from this show."

The whole group stared at Daehyun.

Bang threw an arm around him. "So, how does it feel to be called adorable?"

Daehyun shrugged his arm off his shoulders, trying to avoid responding to him. "Shut up, I'm trying to listen."

"Oh and, Daehyun-sshi, that day you got a light pink package. That...wasn't from a fan." She laughed. "I salute this show, BOOM!" She swiveled the camera away from her face.

The scene cut and the members all stared at him.

"What did she mean by that?"

Daehyun felt his cheeks turn pink as he remembered that box. "She sent me a gift…"

Before he knew it, everyone was  scrambling to get up to get to his room wondering what gift she was talking about.

They all looked under his bed and sure enough, there was a huge pink box there. Himchan took the pleasure to open the box and all five of their jaws dropped.

"D-Daehyun...do you realize what she s-sent you?" Zelo was stunned.

Daehyun sighed, sitting on his bed behind the box of gifts.

"She sent you headphones and even a customized jacket by- MARICO?!" Himchan stared at the branding of the jacket. "Oh my god, all the top celebrities buy from Marico, how the heck did she get it customized? I'm so jealous…"

Daehyun stared at his gifts. It consisted of customized blue Dr. Dre Beats, his name engraved into the inside of the band. His jacket, though, was a masterpiece. He wasn't sure when he would wear it, but it was brilliant. It was decorated with black, white and silver chains, skulls and stars had adorned the shoulder area. On the back, hand-sewn into the jacket was Daehyun's name in white Lego pieces that had a small diamond encrusted into each groove.

"This Jacket must've been well over one million US dollars, hyung…" Young Jae commented. "Maybe you should call her up and show her you appreciate it."

"I'm still puzzled at how she got the jacket. "Himchan mumbled, bringing out the tablet from a desk in the corner. They searched up Charlie's name, putting Marico beside it.

What Himchan found out, made his eyes pop out of their socks, his jaw dropping six feet under. "Guys…"

Zelo peered over his shoulder, reading the article. His eyes widened and he snatched the iPad out of Umma's hands, shoving it into Daehyun's.

Daehyun scanned through the article, but the one thing that got all of them stunned was the picture of the designer of Marico, her husband, and Charlie, standing together in what seemed like a family picture.

He read the caption, 'Designer Marico posing with husband, CEO of MERICO, and daughter, Charlie.'

"Daehyun...Do you realize who you're interacting yourself with?"

"W-Well, she told me she was rich, but I didn't know this was why…"

"Hyung, the right thing to do is to thank her, okay?"

 

 

I sat at my desk, playing with the pen in my fingers, staring at my phone with a bored expression. Today would be exactly three weeks since the last episode of my TV days. I was waiting for anything to come up so I could spark my writing juice. I banged my head on to the desk, hoping I got a bruise and would be sent home so I could sleep.

"Charlie!" A booming loud voice shouted my name. I scrambled up from my seat, nearly knocking everything down from my desk.

"There's a person on our line, looking for you. I didn't know you had a cousin in Busan." He stated, confused.

I raised my eyebrow, "Me neither." I shooed him away and pressed Line 4. "Hello, Charlie speaking." I greeted.

"It's me."

"...Who?"

"Me. Daehyun."

I almost dropped the phone in surprise "U-uh, Daehyun, why are you calling my work? How did you even get my number?"

"I remembered where you worked so I took researched a number from there." He answered simply. "And...I was calling to thank you."

"Hm? For what, I didn't do anything special." I chuckled.

"Well, you gave me those gifts...and then...I saw the last episode, and I guess, aish, I really appreciate you supporting me, now."

Wow, he really at expressing himself.

"Don't worry about those gifts. My mom didn't mind when she found out it was for a boy." I smiled, even though he wouldn't be able to see. "As for the Busan-thing, I'm going to be completely honest, it has never once bothered me. I just thought it was amusingly cute and so, I tended to make fun of it so I wouldn't seem weird."

I heard him sigh on the other line. "Well...that's all I wanted to tell you, really…"

"Really."

"Oh, well, um, I do have our group pictures. Would you like it? I can send it to your phone if you do."

"Yes, that would be much appreciated. I haven't gotten to look at those group pictures at all." I chanted my phone number to him.

There was a silence between the both of us as I held the phone to my ear, sandwiching it in between my shoulder. To break the silence, I told him, "It really is no biggie. Even though she was happy, my mom was really surprised I even had friends to give gifts to."

Daehyun had no reaction to that. Instead he said in a slightly emotionless tone, "You don't have any friends?" Ah, never mind. He was amused.

"I do. I just never made any of them myself."

"I don't get it."

I sighed, slightly chuckling. "Wanna meet up for coffee or something?"

I was answered with silence.

"Sure."

I was astonished. "You're really full of surprises today, aren't you?" I got out of my chair, grabbing my jacket. "Well fortunately my lunch is right now, so where do you wanna go?"

There was a slight shuffling on the other line. It kind of sounded like he was putting on a sweater or something. "Let's go to the cafe near your work."

"Why near my work?"

"It's closer to you, right?" I continued to hear shuffling on the other line, but now with muffled voices.

"Well, I guess...ah whatever. When will you get there?"

"I'm already here."

 

 

Sorry for the late chapter. Been working on other projects and experimenting with other ideas ^^; Hope it was aight.