Derp

Until again, Goodbye. [Discontinued]

"Yah, Soomi, are you listening to me?" I nudged her shoulder.

She looked at me, smiling, tucking a lock of ebony hair behind one of her small ears. "Sorry, I'm working on the essay. What's up?"

I sighed, smiling back at her. "I was just ranting about having the go back to the show tomorrow. It's so retarded, my partner was excused from the show because he had another thing to do. And yet, they still want me to go back for an unknown reason. Gay."

Soomi shrugged. "I'm sure it's a legit reason. Otherwise, they'd be wasting money, right?" I nodded, agreeing with her. "Besides, don't you like it? You've been doing the show for like...what, a month now?"

"Yeah. Young Jae though...that boy is so weird and young. Actually, they're all pretty weird, I must say. Especially the guy with the Busan accent. It's so...heavy…"

Soomi giggled, looking at my disgusted expression. "You know what they say, 'Love lights more fire than hate extinguishes'."

"Thank you, Teacher Soomi." I rolled my eyes, chuckling.

She continued to work and I continued to play on my phone, playing some sort of shooting game.

A girl, probably in the same year as the both us approached our table, lightly tapping my hand.

I looked up and stared at her, giving her a look of 'I-don't-want-to-be-bothered-at-the-moment-what'.

She grinned and excitedly bounced oh her spot, "That article about falling in love? That was written by you, right?"

I nodded, shrugging my shoulders.

"I loved it! It was so well written and it definitely spoke to my heart."

"Um...thanks, I guess." She waved and walked away from our table.

Soomi sighed, giving me a smile that said to me 'what-are-we-going-to-do-with-you' look. "Really? I can't believe she said that article was brilliant. How much time did you actually put into that one?"

"Like...zero effort and about six hours? I don't know, it was the day before the online championships." Soomi facepalmed, looking at me.

"How are you rank top ten in this school?"

"Skills, looks and money, hon." I packed my stuff away and got up. "Gotta jump, I'll call you tomorrow after filming."

Soomi hugged me goodbye and then I was off to jump into the wrath of six cute guys. my life? Hm.

 

 

I lazily walked to the elevator of the B.A.P residency, dreading the filming. One, my hair was crazy today and two, I didn't get a wink of sleep. I up all night shooting people out on Drop Zone and the games just kept coming.

I yawned as the elevator door opened. I was greeted with the strong smell of cologne and instant noodles. I walked up to their door, knocking on it.

I heard a rush of foot steps and the door was opened by magic-man Jong Up. "Hi, Noona."

"Hi." I walked past him, taking off my shoes.

Everyone happily greeted me, most of them already there. The cameras were already rolling at this point so whatever we said had to be watched.

I sat beside Zelo on the floor. Jong Up had offered his seat to me, but I politely said no. Not to mention, his girlfriend was glaring daggers at me. Cliché, I know, but I definitely felt like my face was getting scratched every time Jong Up talked to me.

Their manager, Director Kang, started to talk to us.

"As you see here, Young Jae is not here, but also, fortunately and coincidentally, Daehyun's partner had also an important business to attend to, causing him to have no partner." I looked over at the far side of the sofa and sure enough, Bowl Cut Daehyun sat alone beside Bang. "So, the producers and directors had a discussion and both agreed to put Charlie and Daehyun together."

Oh hell no. I cannot put myself up with Bowl Cut Busan-Guy over there. His accent would make me die.

I'm quite sure he wouldn't want me as his partner too. His previous partner was much dumber than me. Knowing him, having a smarter girl as his partner would ruin his air time. The feeling was mutual so like...could this just chill out?

The cameras had a break for us to settle our scores.

Daehyun approached me, sitting down on the floor. "So, can we just have a small talk or something?"

"What?"

"Can we just, I don't know, have a truce for this show or something?"

"Depends." I cocked my head to the side, looking at him with doe-like eyes. Well, as doe as they could be. "What are the terms?"

Daehyun stared at me, an unreadable expression on his face. "Be nice?"

I laughed and I knew I wasn't supposed to, but for some reason that made me really laugh. It was hilarious to me. "Am I seriously that mean to you? I'm not…"

"No, you are. You always make fun of my Busan accent."

I stared at him and laughed again. "Speaking of that...It's way too funny. It's like you're a country bumpkin or something."

Daehyun sighed, staring at me. "How could a girl like you be so mean?"

"A girl like me? What's so special about me?" I asked, looking at his face.

Daehyun looked away, trying to think of reasons why he said that. Before he could think of one, the producers saved his and told us to get back into position to start filming again.

Throughout the whole time of  the explanation of the next challenge, I felt Daehyun giving me dirty looks. It was kind of charming to know he thinks of me like this.

The producer explained, "The next challenge is so simple, it's almost hard for you to win. The challenge is this. Take about three to five selcas with your partner and then submit the best one to us. We will judge who was the best selca and whoever wins moves on to the next challenge with favor."

Why was this show so damn cheesy?

The girls jumped for joy at the new skinship challenge. While they were jumping I was literally planning how to kill myself. How could I take a selca with Busan Boy over here? I'm sure he was thinking the same thing since he became silent.

"The setting and props- all that stuff is up to you. Have fun."

The whole party dispersed, thinking of ideas to make their selca worth looking at.

Me and Daehyun didn't even try moving. We knew we were already doomed as soon as the world SELCA popped up.

Everyone had decided to leave the dorm. It would've been weird to sit at home alone with Daehyun. At least in the public, I can call if I have to.

I got up and walked to the doorway, putting on my shoes. Without talking to Daehyun, we both walked out, Daehyun about five paces behind me.

We walked along the sidewalk. I looked at the architecture around here, thinking that this would make a great map on Modern Warfare 3.

"So...what are we doing?" I asked, feeling my voice feel slightly out of place.

"I don't know, that's why I'm following you."

I giggled at his accent, slightly facepalming. "Oh dear." Silence overcame us again. I took a seat on the bench conveniently next to us. I suddenly smiled up at him. "Wanna just take the pictures and finish the challenge?"

Daehyun shrugged. I blinked at him, staring at his face. "So what's that supposed to mean?"

He shrugged again.

I stared again.

Why? What have I done, Karma, to get me to get stuck with this guy?

He got up and started walking away. I shouted, "Yah, where are you going?"

"To find a paperbag."

"...Wae?"

"To cover your face for the photo."

My eyebrow twitched, my mouth salivating. This guy actually wanted to die. I sighed, rolling my eyes and walked ahead of him, trying to find a suitable setting. I guess the nice act really didn't roll with him. I can't blame him though, I make fun of his accent way too much.

We came across an amusement park- the ones that would stay for three days and then pack up and go, leaving no trace behind.

I spotted a greeter mascot with an ugly green alien head. "Hey, you see that bunny over there?" Daehyun looked over to where I was pointing at, silent as usual. "Maybe you should get that and hide your face while we take that selca. It does carry your features."

Daehyun looks at me, a confused look on his face. "Hm? I don't know what you're talking about. I have the supreme looks of a celebrity, unlike you."

The laughing of a nearby couple interrupted our quarrel. We both looked to the other side of the road, Jong Up and his partner Rye Won. They were both happily sharing a snack, taking their selcas.

I looked at Daehyun. "Why can't you be like Jong Up? Swallow your man-pride and take it for the team, huh?"

Daehyun looked offended, staring at my face. "Me? Maybe you should learn to be nice because for a girl you're really rude, you know that?"

"Well whatever. Sometimes manners can't get you all the things you want in the life." I flipped my hair, "Besides, I'm sure I could be a celebrity if I wanted to since I easily meet the requirements of their looks." I snapped back.

"N-No." Daehyun stuttered.

"No? No what?"

Daehyun turned silent. Ha, I've won. Charlie's Pretty Looks one, Daehyun's Busan Accent zero.

I take out the camera that producer gave us and quickly snapped a picture of him. He stared at me as I looked at the picture I took.

I burst out laughing, looking at his derp face. "Oh my god...I'm actually dying!" I turned the camera over, showing him the picture.

"Yah! Give that back!"

I grinned and ran away, having my fun game of tag with this boy. I must admit, he was definitely fast, but I'm faster.

I knew he was closing in on me as his footstep sounds got closer to my ears. I took out the camera and posed nice for the camera, snapping a picture of the both of us, Daehyun's head poking out of my head near my ear. Masterpiece.

I turned to a light jog, nearly tripping back into the building. "Okay, okay, joke's over. Here let's take a nice picture to submit for the challenge."

Daehyun didn't say anything and stood beside me, a visible gap in between us. I did the peace sign and smile nice and big, where as Daehyun looked so dead in the photo, his hair disheveled to no end. He gave a small smile and I snapped the picture.

I quickly took a look at it, chuckling. "What's wrong with your hair?" I fixed his hair for him, brushing down the strays with my fingers, my finger tips combing through his hair gently.

"Okay, redo." I held the camera in front of us again. I smiled prettily and snapped the picture. "I'll email the picture in. Until then...we're enemies, got that?" I chuckled, pointing at him. He looked at me funny as I chuckled at his reaction. I turned around and got into the elevator, taking it up to their dorm where our selcas will be judged soon.

Of course, we were the last ones back. But I'm sure we were the ones who had the most fun playing derptag.

 

 

Hey. Really excited that I have people reading and even though the comments were limited, it made me happy that I even got at all. Shout out to silent readers anyway, because I'm a huge one. From time to time, there will be references to outside sources and if you guys got any questions about them, totally ask cuz I don't bite. Unless you're Daehyun. Ha, jk.

Anyways, until next chapter, I will see you all soon. I'm actually working two stories at the same time. When this one settles down I will post the other one.