Kidnapped.

Until again, Goodbye. [Discontinued]

I waited in front of the gates, staring at the assignment sheet. 'Please write a twenty page essay on one of the following topics: Impacts of Media in an audience, Criteria for a Good/Bad Article or 'Interpret the following article.' I stared blankly at the page, beginning to get frustrated with the assignment already.

I really, really hated essays.

I walked to the curb, staring down the road. Man, I really should jaywalk. I'm sure that would be faster than passing through the traffic at a stop light.

I looked right and then left, observing whether or not it would be safe to cross. A millisecond right before I could put my foot down onto the road, a black van zoomed up right in front of me, blocking my way  of crossing the road.

"Um-" Without another word, the van door opened and swallowed me whole.

...Is this what kidnapping feels like?

I kinda imagined it to be less glamorous without cameras nor six blonde guys staring at you. Not to mention they were pretty cute for kidnappers.

"Um-" There goes my stuttering again. I was interrupted with their introduction.

They all ducked their heads, shouting an enthusiastic, "We are B," "A.P.! Yes, sir!"

"….Rice?" I cocked my head to the side, wondering why a group of boys would spell out themselves as rice.

The people behind the cameras chuckled.

"Oh, oh, I know. I must be on those shows where they interview people and then prank them or something. Ha, ha, ha, you guys got me, it's hilarious!" I gave a fake laugh, hoping that they would let me out soon.

One of the boys coughed and gave a small smile. "Hi, I'm the maknae of B.A.P., Zelo." Oh, so they were a group of some sort. I'm guessing singers since they all had this image thing going on.

"Mhm."

"And we want you to be the girlfriend of Young Jae hyung over here."

"M-What?" I stared at all of them.

"You see, idols are always overestimated constantly, whether we're known as superhumans or something of another sort. This show kind of puts us under an insight for the viewers that we're capable of being human too."

"So basically, you guys are doing this for experience, right? Alright, alright. That, I can do."

"Yeah~ Idols can love too." A guy who was constantly smiling said from the back.

"Yah, shut up." The guy next to him shot him down. Now, I know reporting the people around me as "guys" are a bad way to refer to them, but it's kinda hard when they're all males and all blonde. I mean, the only visible difference is available when you squint, otherwise it's all based on their hairstyle.

The drive went on for quite a while until we reached their, well what appeared to be, dorms. They all forced me to go into the elevator with the guy I'm supposed to be partnered up with. What was his name again? Yo Jae? Jae Yong? I don't even know.

"So...what's your name?" He asked, a small smile on his face.

"Charlie."

"Oh, an English name? Are you from abroad?"

"No, my parents just like feeling different. So they gave me a boy name." I said bluntly.

"Do you have a Korean name?" He asked, hoping to call me something with less skill.

"One that I hate, yes. What was yours again?"

"Yoo Young Jae."

"Ah, genius. Yes, unlike yours, mine is actually stupid. I hate my Korean name. I really do hope no one finds out about it." The elevator door opened and he opened the door to the dorm.

"Wow, it really...smells like boy here." He chuckled and waited for me to take off my shoes.

At that moment, the staff had called for a break, asking me to come see the producer.

He was quite a short, stubby man with some facial hair on his jaw line and chin. "Hi. You are doing great, no doubt, but it's unfortunate that you're actually not the girl we had been looking for. You see, the idols here had mistaken you for another person because of a vague description we gave them."

I nodded, really hoping to get out of this.

"You see, the description we had was a girl of about your height with plum-ish-coloured hair and black eyes. However, they had made the mistake of not realizing that there were many girls that may have fit this description."

"So...what does this mean for me?" I asked, chewing my bottom lip, really wishing to get out now.

"Well, the only solution I came up with is to continue the show with you in it."

I nearly facepalmed and punched this guy's gut out. Really? Was this the only way?

"We're short on time and we need to get this show rolling. Everyone had a girl assigned to them already but Young Jae-sshi doesn't, so we need you."

I sighed. "I'm not doing this for free, right?" Hey, gotta do what you gotta do.

The producer whispered digits into my ear. I sighed, outweighing that this would probably make a good excuse for that essay assignment. "Okay, okay." For some people, a lot of convincing would be needed, but since I would do anything to get out of an essay, I'm sure this was pretty legit.

The filming was soon going to start again, the six boys sitting around their sofa

I plopped myself down on the sofa next to the arm rest and beside Young Jae. "Could someone get their guest some water, please?"

"Hyung, your girlfriend is so high class." Zelo commented, earning a snicker from his hyung. I believe his name was Bang? Something like that.

"I'm not high class. I'm just thirsty. I'm your guest, aren't I?"

"Interesting...she has a really good way with her words…" Him Chan? Yeah, weird-name-dude observed, scratching the non-existent hairs on his chin.

"What the hell, guys, stop bothering her." Mr. Lean Muscles man came to save my day.

"Jong Up, go back to what you were doing." One of the members told him. I stared at said-member, having a mini-staring contest. He, like the rest of them, had blonde hair but his hair was styled with a bowl-cut looking thing.

Jong Up (Mr. Lean Muscles man), shrugged, a small smile plastered on to his face and started to do push ups like this was normal.

Where the hell are their girlfriends supposed to be at?

"Don't be so mean to your younger members." I commented.

Before Bowl-Cut boy could say another word, the producer cued us for filming, bringing in some more girls. Oh god, I can't look at them...too ugly…

Wait, no, I'm lying. The one with the blonde hair is pretty hot...Oh my god, I'm a girl, what the ?

The filming had started. Everyone was instructed to introduce themselves: Name, Age, what kind of type you are, preferences in boys/girls, and what you were planning to do for the rest of your life.

Everyone's answer was pretty typical, inserting: Pretty Name, Looks mature but is really 16, is the easy-going type and "never gets mad easily" because shopping is the answer, prefers prince-like boys/perfect non-existent people and plans to be some next top model .

Yeah, definitely living the life.

"Hi. I'm Charlie and I'm...how old am I again?" I scratched my chin. "Right, 18.

I'm not sure exactly who I am, but I do know that I have the right to try everything out and if one doesn't succeed, try again until it does. I don't really have a preference in guys...just don't be a hobo. Naturally, as long as we click, I'm down. My future plans? Ah...I don't really know. Owning a business isn't me, cameras doesn't make me look as pretty as I really am, so I guess I'll stick with being a Journalist." I played with a lock of my hair, staring boredly at the group.

One of the girls (I think her name was something like Jae Young) stared at me wide-eyed, "How can a girl like you exist…?"

"Was that rhetorical?" I snapped.

She quickly shook her head.

"Wow, Young Jae hyung, you have a Noona as your girlfriend." Jong Up commented.

Thank you, Captain Obvious.

"Does this guy ever stop smiling? Does he even frown?" I asked no one in particular. His so-called girlfriend-partner-thing pouted.

"I think it's cute." What was her name? Rye Won? I don't even know anymore...I hate memorizing names.

"Of course you think it's cute. You were swooning at him for the past two hours."

Young Jae patted both my shoulders. "Noona, don't be so uptight...can't you have fun?"

I softened up at him. He was pretty cute, but I don't really do the younger-guy thing. "Yeah, yeah, I got it."

The staff presented us our first challenge so simple, I thought there were gonna be tricks and behind it.

The challenge was to find an item or something that would represent the relationship down along the duration of the show.

I knew exactly what to do. But obviously, this had to be a group effort.

Young Jae turned to me, telling me some ideas. Of course, I ignored most of what he was saying. Creative projects were my forte and I wasn't gonna let this guy ruin my fun.

When it came for the time to everyone share, I hid our object behind my back, Young Jae worriedly giving me looks, doubting our decision.

I smiled at him, speaking quietly to him, "It'll be okay."

Most of the couples had had a similar idea behind their object: their relationship will bloom and it can only get stronger from there. They used flowers, mics (to represent what the idols had to go through will be similar with the relationship), and other little lame knick-knacks that proved their point.

When it came to our turn, I took out an alarm clock, a puzzled expression crossing their faces. Young Jae, being the gentleman he is, had let me explain what I could.

"Both of us, or well, maybe all of us should know, no one will know what happens in the future. Sure, you can predict things, but after that you're only left with a yes or no  it happened. So, we decided to choose a clock to represent our relationship, but also, anybody else who might feel the same way." I played with the clock in my hands. "I mean, like the old saying goes, 'Only time will tell', until things happen, there is no answer."

And thus, leads to my first win of the show for our challenge.

What did we win? A ticket out of the next challenge.