Surprise!

Until again, Goodbye. [Discontinued]

The Selca challenge was pretty bad. We didn't end up winning because I'm guessing he wasn't happy enough in the picture or something. Whatever.

I told Daehyun that we should've put that Derp picture. His only response was a threatening glare.

It has already been a month since I was partners with him. Just when I was starting to getting used to his muteness, the producers had emailed me a notice regarding the status of the show. Turns out their ratings and reviews were crap and thus lead to their inability to be funded properly.

Yeah like I didn't know that look the directors gave him when Young Jae asked how the show was doing.

The email had also stated there will be one last episode before the complete cancellation of the show.

So, I had technically one last chance to make an impression to our viewers.

The memo had also hinted to wear warm clothing. The ? Please, please no planting farming or whatever. I can't say the same for Busan boy since he grew up in the country-ish side... but still.

I threw on a thick wool sweater on top of my button-up shirt, jeans, and winter boots. I stared at the gifts from fans (amazing people, but what the I'm not even a celebrity) including the winter wear they sent me. I looked away and grabbed a scarf and hat set my mom had bought me when she was in Switzerland with Dad for their ski trip.

I slipped into my winter jacket and made my way over to where they told us to meet. It was definitely chilly but it wasn't enough to have me wearing my winter . I was so confused.

I stood next to Daehyun at the end of the line. "Hi." I greeted. Of course, he didn't say anything but acknowledged with a small nod.

Why the would the show force him to wear a mask?

 That's so gay. His accent was bad but it would've made the show funny. Ugh whatever he's nicer when he doesn't talk anyway.

The producers started telling us our last challenge of the show. "Basically, we're sending all of you and our camera crew to a forest where your challenges will include how to build a fire properly and how to build a tent."

Everyone groaned in exhaustion already. The Producer continued, "The point of this exercise is to show how much each couple has grown by their reflections and kind of as a conclusion for the show."

Me and Daehyun exchanged looks (well as much as only his eyes giving me a look could) and I burst out laughing. "Producer-nim, I don't think me and Daehyun grew much together as a group. Sure, we stopped fighting less but other than that, I'm not exactly sure what we could reflect on."

The four surrounding couples snickered at my proposition, agreeing on how accurate my facts were.

"Well, Charlie-sshi, I'm sure you'll find something to say."

Jong Up added, "Yeah, Noona, Daehyun's a pretty nice guy once you both understand each other."

"Understanding his Busan accent doesn't count." Rye Won piped in.

Shut the up, no one asked you. .

I gave her a dirty look and then turned back towards the cameras. We were given the instructions to all get into a van and go on and head out to our way down to the forest.

I sat next to a silent Daehyun, doing some quick sketches in my notebook while writing notes beside it. I was currently taking notes down for a possible article in my new job.

I noticed Daehyun staring into my notebook. I looked at him and he stared back at me. "What?" I hid my notebook under my arm. "Stop probing into my privacy."

"I wasn't."

I stuck out my tongue, "Whatever, Mr. Nosy."

"Why are you so childish?" Jae Young asked, giving me a small dirty look.

I smiled, really wanting to say something like Why are you so ugly compared to me but I'm too nice on camera to do so.

"Good Question. Save it for later." I continued to smile. This was gonna get it.

We arrived at the forest shortly after my small tension with Jae Young. I piled out of the car, Jae Young almost pushing me out of the car with her feet. Good thing I fell into her partner, Zelo, as he caught me.

"God, why are you so fat?" I commented with a laugh, taking the chance for my payback. "I'm sure the doorway is big enough for the both of us. Unless...well obviously, you're the fat one."

Did I mention the cameras were off at that moment? Oh, the luck.

Jae Young sneered at me. Geez, she's so vicious. She's the one that picked the fight with me.

She seemed ready to lunge at me, until Zelo put a hand on her shoulder. "Noona, just let it go."

I smiled sweetly at the pair, hoping that neither of us would end up getting into a fight and then getting kicked out of filming.

We walked out into a large clearing, big enough for our five tents and a single tent for the staff in cases of reasons. Each team was given a bag full of possible supplies we could use. We also were handed a tent set.

Daehyun volunteered to start on starting the fire so that left me with making the tent. We chose a spot across the staff tent to ensure we would have enough air time since were in their view.

I got started on setting up the tent, separating the equipment as I read the manual. Most people tend to skip this step, but since I was a reader for learning, this was the way to go. Besides, the other teams already started building without reading and that lead to their failure.

I glanced over at Daehyun and noticed he was sitting there, staring at the spot where our campfire was supposed to be. I blinked and before I knew it, the wind blew violently at me, making me trip into the tent.

Daehyun looked behind him, noticing I was down and came to help me up. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah. Are you having trouble with the fire?"

"Just as much trouble as you're having with the tent."

I hit his shoulder playfully, putting on an embarrassed look. "Shut up. I thought you would know how to make fires and stuff since you grew up in the country side."

"Well you're from the city so how are you supposed to know any of this camping stuff?"

"I used to go hiking with my dad when I was a kid. He would make fires and asked me to help him." I shrugged. "Of course, I haven't done it in a long while so I don’t remember how to make a tent. Fires though, I remember how to make them."

I took out the battery and steel wool, looking on the floor for some tinder. I gathered some good and dry tinder and I placed it on the floor, taking a kneeling position. I held the steel wool to the battery, touching both ends of the battery as I watched it combust. I wrapped the tinder around it, blowing into the ball of smoke, causing the fire to ignite.

I broke some thin branches into twig-like sizes, looking at my proud work. "Still got that touch~" I said happily to myself. I looked back and Daehyun was staring at me. "What?" I noticed that his tent had no progress. I laughed and walked over to the tent, helping him out.

Silence had engulfed the both of us again as we both worked out the tent. God damn, this tent was ridiculously heavy for even two people. My hands were starting to numb as we assembled the tent.

I went inside the floppy tent and pushed it up, stretching out the fabric and boom, the tent was up. I hopped out and grinned at Daehyun. "It's up! Woohoo!" I laughed, proud to the first group to finish.

The surrounding groups looked at us and were astonished that we had it done the fastest.

"H-How?" Himchan stared, coming to our side of the clearing.

I sat down on the ground near the fire, warming my hands up. The camera came towards the three of us, admiring our success.

"Daehyun, you bastard, did you let her do everything?" Himchan acted, grabbing the collar of his shirt.

I laughed happily at Himchan's child-like jealousy. "Nah, it's called teamwork."

The Producer clapped, happy that we, out of all the teams, unpredictably got our act up first. "Your reward is food." Some of the staff handed us bags of food and some utensils for us to cook with.

I took it happily, taking the yams and starting to prepare them so that they could be cooked.

Daehyun sat down next to me, helping with the cooking. "I never knew someone like you could have a talent of making fires." He commented.

I smiled. "The days I would go hiking with my dad were one of my happiest of my moments. For health reasons of course, we stopped when I was 12. I really do miss those days."

There was a slight hesitation with Daehyun, but he overcame it. "So, um, what do you do outside of filming?" He asked. Hm, he never was interested before. I guess it was for the sake of the show, after all, this was our last episode together.

I my finger, the salt that had stuck to it melting in my mouth. "Hm, well, I was studying up until recently. I went to a private academy, but then I got a job recently and so, I'm quitting school and going to work as a Journalist for this online news thing called 727." I threw the yams into the fire, timing it.

"Really? You're going to be a professional journalist?"

"Well, as professional as an online one will be. I'm probably going to write for the Culture Department. It's the one I'm most interested in."

Daehyun snorted, "Wow, I thought you would work for the Fashion Department or something snobby like that."

I glared at him. "Yah, the Fashion Department people are not snobby."

He shrugged and it was hard to tell if he was smiling since he was still wearing the stupid mask.

"Well, I decided that Fashion wasn't for me anyway. I'm really just interested in the different cultures around the world." I poked the yams with a nearby stick, turning them over.

The only sounds now were coming from the other teams as the fire crackled in front of us. I started humming a tune I heard from the radio this morning. Daehyun didn't say anything, probably stunned at how beautiful my voice was.

"Stop humming."

Okay, never mind.

I pouted as I took the yams out of the fire, putting them aside. I cut the yams in half and put them in a container. "Are you hungry?" I asked.

He stared at the yams and contemplated whether or not he should take one. I sighed and took one, handing it to him. I then walked to the group next to us, Daehyun curiously watching me. "You guys hungry?" I offered them the container of yams.

Himchan and his partner Yoon stared at me. "What? Not hungry?"

"No, but...why are you offering us food?"

"Why? Because I think it's kind of sad looking at you guys working with no energy. I mean, if you don't want it, it's coo'. I won't be offended…" I started retreating the container and Himchan quickly stopped me.

"No! I mean, uh, yes. We're hungry." I handed each of them one yam. They thanked me and I moved on to the next team.

Zelo and Jae Young stared at my container, completely clueless.

"Want yams?"

"No, I can't. Too much carbs." Jae Young said wrinkling her nose.

"Oh, shut up about you're weight. You're a skinny little , now eat." I handed her a potato. "And if you don't end up finishing it, hand it to me."  I plopped a yam for Zelo as well, his smile thanking me.

I moved on to the staff, handing the ones who were hungry a yam. The staff were pleased with my manners and patted my shoulder, thanking me. I smiled telling them that this was nothing.

Daehyun gave me more yams that we cooked and I went up to Jong Up and Rye Won,  handing them a yam each. Jong Up smiled brightly at me whereas Rye Won gave me a slightly weirded-out look. "What? Too low-class for you?" I snickered.

Rye Won blushed a bright pink and took the yam right away out of my hands.

I moved on to Bang and his partner, Yae Jin. She gave me a weird look. "Take the yam or leave it. It's the only food I'm willing to offer."

Bang took one with a goofy smile, thanking me as Yae Jin gave me a dirty look in return. I shrugged, "Your loss."

I walked back to Daehyun, his gaze giving me a puzzled look. "Why did you give our yams away?"

"Well, I don't know about you, but I can't finish all these yams, so I decided to give them away. Problem?" I plopped down next to him next to the fire.

"No...it was just...unpredictable. That's all."

I chuckled. "Didn't know that I was nice? Well, the world is full of surprises." I smiled at him.