Twenty-four

Vain [Revised]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Starting to binge watch some old kdramas while I write, and do homework. My all time favorite 'My Lovely Sam-soon'.
You guys should definitely check it out! ( ̄(ω) ̄)

Jaehee’s POV:
GOT7 and us made our escape from those bastards. I helped Yugyeom with Jungkook as we all made a run for it. None of us dared to look back. Once we knew it, we had lost them. We settled at GOT7’s studio on campus. A safe place for all of us, you can say. No one will dare look for us here, not when this place is owned by all the rich kids’ parents. I looked at everyone...They all were helping one another, and not just only their friends. GOT7 and BTS all together. I sat down next to Jungkook who was next to Yugyeom. "Are you hurt much?" He didn't respond. I sighed as I tried to touch his bruised-up face. "Let me-"

"Noona just get away from me!" He screamed which startled me. "I don't need your help! Can you stop acting like I'm a kid! I can do things on my own!" My face was red. I wonder if he saw it. Well, I was embarrassed. Kind of. He made me speechless. Have I been treating him as a kid? Okay, I’ll admit, I have. But I was- I was just being an older sister. Jungkook stood up and away from me. “Can you stop acting like you’re my mom? Do you even know what a mom is even like?!” Anger started to boil within as he said that. If only he knew who the murder of our parents was. If only he remembered that day! “I know what I'm doing! I didn't need any of your help!" He turned to everyone, "None of your guy's help!"

Jackson scoffs, "Tch, well good. We didn't want-"

"Shut up Jackson." I heard Jaebum say.

"Jungkook, what the hell has gotten into you?" I said as I got up also. "No, you don't know what the hell you were doing. You don't even know what you were getting yourself into. And definitely no, I’m not reating you like a kid right now nor am I trying to baby you!”

"UGH, noona that's how you are!" He burst into anger. "I hate that you always think you're right about everything! Can you just stop being so overprotective about me for once?! I am a man! And a man can do things on his own!"

"Have you gone crazy? Do you know what would have happened to you if none of us came?!" I heard myself shout back. “Those guys are the real deal! While we’re just kids! Imagine what would’ve happened to you! What if I lost you!”

"So, what?! I can die for all I care!"

That's when it hit me hard. "What?” I said as I scoffed. “What did you say? Die?”

"That's right! I would rather follow mom and dad than be stuck here with you! You don't understand-"

"Jaehee!" "Noona!" My arm and fist flew towards Jungkook on its own. I punched him which sent him flying a few inches away from me as he fell to the ground.

"DO YOU THINK IT'S THAT EASY FOR YOU JUST SAY THAT?!" I screamed as I tried to hold back my tears. "DID YOU EVEN SEE HOW MOM AND DAD DIED THAT DAY?! NO! THEY SACRIFICED THEIR LIVES FOR US! YOU CALL YOURSELF A MAN?! WAKE THE UP, JEON JUNGKOOK!" I held the rest of my anger into a fist. "Do you –“ I heaved a heavy sigh as I could hear my throat cracking up. “– Do you think that it's easy for me also? It isn't also alright! And I'm not saying you're a pain in the ! I also hate that you're always pushing me away! I couldn't protect mom and dad! Therefore, I want to protect you!" I bit my lips from quivering and then said, "Do you think I can go on if I lost you? I can barely go on when we lost mom and dad! But you-…Jungkook, you were my strength." Jungkook looked up to me. I realized that he was now crying. "You were the reason why I pushed everything behind and moved forward," I went up to him and knelt down. "You're everything I have left, and I can't afford to lose you."

"Noona..." cried Jungkook.

I pulled him in for a hug as tears strolled down my cheeks. "I'm sorry, Jungkook. I'm sorry I hit you. I'm sorry." Jungkook cried loudly as he held me back. "I'm so, so sorry," I said again. "From now on, I'll try my best to understand you." I could feel him shaking his head. I looked up to see Jin and Mark approaching us. How the hell did they find us? No…what the hell were they even doing here? They were neatly dressed like they were going to a party or something.

"What happened?" Jin asks. I pulled away from Jungkook as I helped him up. I dusted dirty off from his clothes. "Answer me, what happened?" Jin asked again.

I looked to him, "Nothing. What are you-"

"Nothing? You call this nothing?" Said Mark as he looked at everyone. True, each of our faces had a story to tell. We were bruised, injured, and bleeding. GOT7 had only minor injuries since they came a little after.

"Who did this?" Jin demand, "We have to get them back. This isn't some-"

"It's alright," I said, "We don't have to."

"But-" said Mark.

"Stop it you two," I said. “It’s literally no use in getting back at them. They’re not like us. And we’re not like them.” I turned around to face everyone else. "Thanks for helping us tonight. I don't know how to repay you all back. I just hope that later on we can continue to help one another." They all looked at each other.

"I guess it wasn't that bad." smiled Yoongi.

Jinyoung chuckles as he said, "It was quite fun. I wouldn’t mind doing it again for you guys.”

"Although it was a pain, it was some good work out." Said Jackson. We all exchanged a small laugh and smiles. This is the feeling that I wanted all of us to have. Not only do we open ourselves to the people within our crew, but also the people outside of the crew.

"This is bull," said Jin. I turned around to him, "You guys thought it was fun?"

Mark scoffs. "Seriously, and here we were, worrying our off." He glared towards Jaebum, "Next time, don't do false alarms on me."

"Are you two seriously going to be like this?" I said, "We're all perfectly fine. At least we all made it out alive."

"Fine?! Jaehee, can't you see yourself!" They both said in sync. I widen my eyes at them. They looked at each other and then turned away. "Whatever," they both mumbled. I laughed at the two of them before jumping on them with my arms around their shoulders.

"Aw, look at these two brothers." I teased.

"Aish, stop.” Said Jin as he tried to him.

"Seriously. It's not funny." Said Mark.

The rest of the guys jumped on us. Some of them groaned in pain from the injuries. I know I did. My cuts were hurting me. "Ewww! I touched Jaehee's blood!" screamed Jackson. We laughed at his expression and I playfully hit him.

Jungkook held onto his stomach as he laughed. I went over beside him and helped him out placing his arm over my shoulder. "Thanks, noona." He smiled.

We all headed to Base fooling around with one another. This was the best feeling ever; I have to admit. BamBam let out a small groan as Taehyung playfully touch his bruise; Jackson had his arm over Hoseok; Yoongi and Jaebum fist pump each other after talking about whatever; Jinyoung and Jimin were talking about girls; Youngjae and Yugyeom laughed over Namjoon's joke; and as for Mark and Jin...Well, they were just walking behind the rest of us. I glanced back to see them smiling at us. Maybe they felt relieve. Maybe they like the idea of all of us getting together. Maybe…Maybe they've come to like one another also. They exchanged looks with their smiles still on, and when their eyes met, their smiles immediately disappeared. I chuckled to myself and shook my head at them. Or maybe they just don't want to admit their feelings.

When we reached Base, Wooyoung helped us out with our wounds. He came back with extra bandages and alcohol for all of us. I was with Jungkook. I mentally slapped myself for letting him get hurt. He's always getting hurt, and I'm always late.

"Noona, stop thinking that it's your fault," he said as if he read my mind. I looked to him from wrapping his body. "It's my fault. I'm sorry, I'm always being so stubborn. I’m always getting into trouble without you knowing."

I smiled

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter