Thirty-five

Vain [Revised]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I'm currently back in school for the summer semester! I'm also going back to work starting Monday, June 15th, so it'll be a little harder for me to update, especially to write Vain: 7 Years. I hope everyone is doing well!
Hwaiting!~ ╰(*´︶`*)╯
Playlist: SEVENTEEN - MYMY

Mark’s POV:
"They're closer than what I thought," commented Jaebum as I told them what day I had gone through today. BTS had threaten the guys to shut up before leaving back home. They also asked for Cheolsoo's whereabouts. It was awkward, since I didn't belong there. I stood in the place of Seokjin, but since he was "busy" with his "businesses," I ended up being there. “How’s it going on your end?” I asked since Jaebum’s dad was head of the police department in the area.

“I’m slowly getting there. Once I get something, you’ll be the first to know.” I thanked him as I gave him a pat on the arm.

"So, where do we come in?" Smirked Jackson as he fisted his palm. "BTS are our friends also. If they're in, we're in."

"Are you kidding me? Did you not hear what Mark just said? Those guys aren’t ordinary gangs to mess with!" protested Yugyeom, "I'm totally against this. We shouldn't take part. It has nothing to do with us anyways."

"Yah, Kim Yugyeom!" said BamBam, "It's Jaehee noona! How can you say that!"

"I know! I know it's Jaehee noona, but still. This is her problem and their choice. I don’t want us to get involve. It’s serious.”

"Why are you being like this now? You weren't like every other time when we helped them," said Youngjae, "Are you scared?"

"Of course, I'm not!" scoffed Yugyeom.

"You're the youngest. Can't you be a little understanding?" said Jinyoung.

"I have always been, Jinyoung ssi," Yugyeom glared at them. "When have I ever went against you guys? This is the first time!"

"Then what is your problem!" Jinyoung ask.

"I just-" Yugyeom paused as we all looked at him, "I just don't either of us to get into something serious. Our parents…our reputation...Our background is different from them! If we get involved in this, we're facing more consequences than them! Plus…what if one of us dies?"

"Yah, Kim Yugyeom!" said Jaebum as he wacks the youngster on the back of his head. "Why are you even saying that!? No one is going to die alright?! And why are you being so selfish at the moment?! If you don't want to get involve, then stay here. Or wherever you want to be. If you're scared, then you should've just said so. If you care, then you should've just said so also. There's no need to say all those things you just said."

"I..." Yugyeom hung his head. He sighs and then looked up to us, "If you guys are in, then I'm in. I can't bear to see anything happen to my hyungs."

"Don't worry, we'll be the one protecting our maknae," Jackson teases. "Our baby."

"Shut up," groaned Yugyeom, "I'm not a baby."

"Jaebum ah," I said from my seat as the boys went over to Yugyeom and some more.

"What's up?" Jaebum took a seat beside me but faced the opposite direction.

"Can you do me a favor?"

"Anything for a friend."

I chuckled. "Can you ask your dad for some of his men?"

"Eh," I could see at the corner of my eyes that Jaebum was now looking at me with a shocked expression. "You- What are you planning to do?"

"Gather as much information as you can about Cho Songha and ask your dad to get his men ready on that day. Whenever that day will be. They're murderers of Jaehee's parents. I’m sure if you look up her parents’ case, you’ll get a clue out of it. I know your dad will be more understanding than mine. Cho Songha’s dirty work needs to be stopped before more innocent lives are taken." I looked to Jaebum also. "Innocent lives like us. Any one of us can be next."

Jaebum swallowed and looked straight ahead once again. "I'll talk to my dad about it. All I know is that I'll have a lot of explaining to do, but he'll surely agree to it no matter what."

"Thanks," I said as I place a hand on his shoulder, "I can always count on you."

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Jin’s POV:
"You do not know how happy I am to see our son and daughter together." Laughed my dad as he, my mom, Mark's mom, the Lee Family and I were having dinner together. Mark had been gone ever since school was out. I didn't go to Hanlim today. My mom had transferred me out and was preparing for my new student life at Seoul High School.

I played with my food as I thought about the guys. What were they doing right now? Ss Jungkook alright? And how is Jaehee doing? Each minute the thought of them made me feel guilty. I miss them.

"Oh, Mark, you're home." We all turned our heads to see him walk in with a small bow as a greeting. "Come, come join us. We barely even started dinner.” His mother told him.

"It's alright, I don't think I have the appetite to eat right now," said Mark. He looked at all of us as the room fell silent. "Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't mean it like that." Or did he? I thought to myself as I went back to my food. "Kim Seokjin," I looked up to him the moment I heard my name. "I need to talk to you. Do you have a minute?”

Finally, a savior., I thought. "Yes, I do." I excused myself from my seat and followed him. We went up the stairs and stood by our bedroom doors as we talked.

"Aren't you going to pay a visit to them?" Mark started, "They need you as much as you need them right now."

I sighed as I cross my arms. "What makes you say that? Didn't you see how Jimin acted towards me the other day? I'm sure half of them hates me at the moment."

"Still, you guys are friends. Best friends, to be exact. Best friends forgive each other – " Mark paused, "No, actually, family forgives each other easily. You guys are BTS; you guys are family, right?" He looked at me, waiting for an answer. There was a lump at the top of my throat. I couldn’t even force out any words or comeback to him. I didn't know how to reply back. Mark sigh, "Forget it. Your mind is on something else. I shouldn't stress you more than you already are. They found Jungkook." He said before walking into his room.

"W-What?" I said as I stopped his door from closing on me.

"They're close to finding Jungkook," he said again, "BTS needs you." Right then, my phone rang, and Mark shut his door on me.

I answered my phone, not bothering to look who called, "Hello?" I said.

"Oh…Jin ah…"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter