Twenty-nine

Vain [Revised]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You know that feeling when you're trying to hang on tight for the next three weeks because the semester is almost over? Yeah...That's me right now. ( -_- ;)・・・

Jaehee’s POV:
The whole ride back from the grave site was silent. Mark didn't even talk to me when I got in the car. Jungkook was crying silently. How do I know? He was sniffing so much. Mark concentrated on the road as I did also. Even now and then I stole glances at him. We didn't speak at all until we reached back in town. That was when I had told him to drop me off here, at Base. He gave me a nod and ‘okay’ me. I instructed Mark to take Jungkook home. Jungkook insisted on staying with me, but I told him to go home, and stay home. I made him promise me that he’ll stay home and not go anywhere without me knowing, or without me in general. I didn’t want him to bump into these guys again.

"You don't look too good today," said Wooyoung when I came up to the bar. "Is something wrong?"

I gave him a small smile. "I'm just thinking," He waited for more. "If I don't do anything, someone is going to get hurt. But if I do something, nobody is going to get hurt, right?" I looked up to him for an answer.

"Which one are you going to choose?" He asks as he hands me a bottle of liquor and a shot glass.

I chuckled, "I thought you were going to choose for me."

Wooyoung sighs, "Jaehee, sometimes you need to decided things on your own. You can't always rely on someone to decide for you. That basically means you're just letting everyone push you around."

"But I don't ca-"

"Jaehee, you do care. You care. You care a lot about everything. You just never show it. You need to stop being so shady. Stop hiding those feelings away and be honest with yourself. Now, you choose what you want, but make sure that whatever you're doing is safe. Not to only the people around you, but yourself also. Sometimes you need to be selfish and put yourself first before everyone else." He left me there as he went over to help another customer.

I blinked to myself a few times. Did Wooyoung just lectured me? I sighed. I didn't want to think anymore. I poured myself another shot, and then another one and another one. One after another. I want to take revenge, but I didn't know where to start. I didn't even know where to start looking for Cho Songha. The owner was always disappearing here and there. He's so mysterious. I needed information from him. I need to know more! I need to know where that person is hiding!

Soon enough, I had finished the bottle of liquor. "Yah, Wooyoung, give me another one." I said as I rested my head on one of my arms.

"Uhh...I think you're good for today." He told me. He took away my shot glass and I refused.

I clicked my tongue and glared at him, "If I ask for another one, then just give it to me."

"Okay, okay, gesh," said Wooyoung, "You know liquor is very expensive to buy. I can’t just have you finish everything I have!"

"There's a reason why your customers pay for their drinks and give you tip." I said as I poured the liquor into the shot glass. “Plus, it’s not like as if you provide them. The Owner gets them for you.”

"Should I call Jin?"

"No. Don’t call him." The thought of Jin made me sad. "I don't want to see him right now. My heart is aching from the thought of Jin…." The last person I want to talk about would be Jin. I didn't want to think about him. I felt kind of betrayed when he didn't come with me today. I felt betrayed when he had Mark come instead of him. Why couldn't Mark take Jin's place instead? Why couldn't-

"Why?" I looked up to Wooyoung with an irritating look as he questioned me. However, Wooyoung shook his hand in denial and pointed over to someone else. I shifted my attention around to see Mark.

"What the hell are you doing here?" I asked. I had hope it to be Jin so that way I can make him feel guilty for ditching me. "Did you even send Jungkook home?"

"Yes, I did, your majesty," said Mark as a matter of fact as he snatch away my liquor when he came beside me. He took a shot and then made an uneasy face of dissatisfaction. "Ew, how can you drink this?"

"Give it to me. It's mine," I said but Mark refuses. “Mind your own business, will you?”

"Why is your heart aching from the thought of Jin…”

“I said, mind your own business.” I told him as I ignored his questioned. Mark rolled his eyes at me as he takes another shot while making a face. He then proceeds to tell Wooyoung to put away the bottle of liquor as I fought back. However, it was two against one, so I gave up. The moment Wooyoung left us, I asked, “Can’t you just leave me alone? Why are you being like this?”

 

“Then tell me, why Jin and not me? Why isn’t your heart aching for me?”

 

I scoffed at him. What the hell did he want? One moment he wants me, and the next he pushes me away. “Why should it, Mark? Why? I thought you didn’t want me to make this more difficult than it already is. Why are you being like this right now? The moment I’m ready to give you everything, you just push it away. The moment I let everything go, you come back. Which is it really, Mark?” My heart is aching for him. It always has been ever since we stopped hanging out. I was so used to having him around that when we stopped, I felt like a part of me was missing.

 

When he didn’t respond, I heaved a sigh for the umpteenth time while pushing my hair back. We weren’t going to get anywhere by playing this push and pull game. I was getting tired of it. “I’m sorry. I must be drunk right now.” I made a lame excuse as I excused myself from him. I got up and was going to leave but Mark caught my wrist.

 

“Why?” He asks.

 

I covered my face with my free hand. “We can’t keep doing this, Mark. We can’t keep asking each other the same questions over and over.” I told him.

 

“Why do keep shaking me when I’m trying my best to not let you get to me?” I could feel him look at me as he says. “Look at me.” I refused as I stared straight ahead. I didn’t want to keep getting shaken up by him either. I just can’t. “Jeon Jaehee, look at me.” I did as I was told, and he gently pulls me over to him. I stand in between his legs as he caresses my cheeks. I close my eyes at his touch, embracing how warm and soft his fingers felt. “I can’t do it.” He tells me. “I just can’t. I know what I said the other night was wrong. I know shouldn’t have left you. But seeing you now, I just can’t! I don’t know how you can be so damn cool about everything.”

 

I scoffed at him and backs away a little. His soft touch was off my face. “What makes you think I’m okay? You’re so freaking selfish. You’ve been thinking about yourself all this time only. Not once did you consider thinking about my feelings.”

 

“I did! I did consider it! But Seokjin and I-“

 

“Stop…” Our eyes adverted towards Jin.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"I have to thank you for taking me out." said Heeyoung as she took a sip of her drink. Getting away fro

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter