Twenty-eight

Vain [Revised]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I made another poster! I made other posters for Vain; 7 Years also! If any of you like the way how I make my posters, feel free to message me ( ´ ω ` ) It took me about three days to finish this one, but it was worth it! The other one took me about 3 hours. Feel free to message me any request! But don't expect it to be very professional since I only do the basic. (〃 ̄ω ̄〃)ゞ

Jaehee’s POV:
"Are you okay?" I asked Jin the next morning as he sat in his desk beside me. He seemed more paler and sleepier from yesterday. Dark bags were starting to form under his eyes. This worried me. Was Jin getting any sleep at home? Was there something going on that I should know about? How is he doing there anyways? I touched his forehead to check his temperature. "You're starting to lose your color."

Jin smiled and placed my hand on his cheek instead. "I'm fine. I just couldn't sleep last night." I asked ‘why’, and he answered, "Just cause. You know, I haven't been there for two years now. Just feels a little awkward." He was lying. He’s been saying that since he left.

"Oh, I see," I said.

"I'm serious," he must've noticed that I caught on. "I'm not lying." Yes, you are. "It's just that-" He paused and bit his lips, "I can't go with you today. I'm sorry."

I blinked a few times before speaking, "I-It's alright. Jungkook actually just wanted the two of us to go anyways," now I was the one lying. "We can visit them together next time." I smiled.

Jin sighed. "I'm really sorry, Jaehee.”

Jin didn't really talk much after that. Usually he would pass me notes during lectures, he would lay on his desk, head facing me, and stare at me as I do my work. He would try to get my attention as we're studying, and he'll laugh along with our other friends as they crack up jokes. However, today was not his day. He was gloomy, and shady. Jin wasn't talking to anyone at all. Even when I asked Hoseok to talk to him, Jin barely responded. He was so out of it.

When school was out, instead of his usual butler picking him up, it was Mark. He was in his yellow uniform, leaning against his car with shades on.

"I'll call you when I get home." Said Jin. He didn't even look at me when he said that. I was about to say something, but he had run up to Mark. They exchanged a few words to each other before going into the car as they drove away.

"I wonder what's up with him?" I asked.

"True. Jin was off today. Don't you feel like something is happening at his place?" said Hoseok as he stepped up beside me.

I shrugged. "Who knows. If he doesn't want to tell me, then I'm in no position to ask. I’m not going to force it out of him."

"Have you even tried asking him yet?" ask Hoseok. I heaved a sigh as a sign that I did try. "Okay. Let's go home. I know you and Jungkook have a lot to do today." He placed his arm over my shoulder, and we followed the others home. I looked back to see the car turn out of sight. My heart broke a little.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Jin’s POV:
The thought of me transferring really got to me. Even the thought of being hooked up with Heeyoung got me pissed off. I couldn't bring myself to tell Jaehee at all today about last night. I haven't been doing good at updating her. I couldn't even bring myself to speak to her at all. I was just dazing in my own thoughts.

 “What the hell are you going do to now?” Mark asked as he leaned on his bedroom door after our father had dismissed us from the dinner table.

"I don’t know.” I answered. “I need to think. I have to take Jaehee and Jungkook somewhere tomorrow.”

"If I knew this was going to happen, I would’ve never made that stupid deal with you. Now look at you. You can’t even own up to your own end of deal!"  

I glared over to him. “Do you think I don't feel the same way?" I said. "I hate the idea of being home in the first place, but I also hate the idea of you being next to Jaehee!"

"Well that's too bad now because she's going to need someone by her side."

He left me dwelled in my own thoughts after that. Mark was right. If I'm not by her side, then fine...I'll entrust her to Mark. He's only other person she'll keep by her side besides me anyways.

Mark was outside of the school waiting for me as BTS and I exit the school building. I wasn't surprised to see him at all. I knew he was here to see Jaehee, not me. "I'll call you when I get home." I said quickly to Jaehee and then took off. I hope she doesn't think that I was trying to avoid her all day because I wasn't.

"What the hell do you think you're doing here?" I asked Mark.

Mark tilt his head down and looked up to me from under his shades. "What do you think I'm doing here? Certainly not for you."

"Shut up and let's just go." I headed over to the passenger side. Mark and I took a glance at Jaehee who was still looking our way. "Get in. She'll be fine. She has Hoseok." Mark did so as I said that. We drove off in a dash. I wasn't sure if he was mad or not, but the car ride was silent and awkward.

"You do know you have to go meet up with Heeyoung in a bit." said Mark as he broke the silence first.

"I know."

"And does Jaehee know?"

"No." Mark immediately stepped on the brake and we both almost flew out of our seats. He looked at me. "I'll tell her later." Was all I said. He scoffed at me and continued driving.

Once we arrived home, Heeyoung was already there talking with both our moms.

"We thought you had liked Mark, but I guess we were wrong." Said my mom. The three of them laughed along together.

"It's alright. Mark already has a girlfriend." Said Mark's mom, "She's a sweetheart. It’s unfortunate that

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter