2.

Hope Not
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was already May; 3 months had passed since Chorong announced her departure from Plus S.

Chorong fixing her dress and checked her makeup for the last time. She felt gloomy for some reason, after receiving message from Eunji said she couldn’t be there for Chorong’s final concert because JEJ will have to tour the next day in her hometown tomorrow and she had to went back Busan a day earlier. Eunji wanted to protest, who the heck set the tour date crashed with her favourite’s.

Many celebrities that she worked with came to her concert, only JEJ was absent.

 

The concert came to an end with her last song as a singer was titled, ‘The Wave’

 

As if I’m dreaming a dream that I don’t want to wake up from. Again today, I’m singing.

 

Chorong teared up when looking at the waves of penlight that brighten up the whole arena. She bowed and won’t stop repeating ‘thank you’ to her fans and slowly walked off the stage.

She thanked them for their trust, their love and their support for 15 years. She also didn’t forget to thank herself for staying strong and holding up until today.

Outside the arena, filled with fans, crying hard and some staff that were working with her since the beginning trying their best to suppressed their tears. Bidding the last goodbye, her company van slowly drove away.

 

Requested the driver to stop at few blocks away from her house, Chorong thanked him for his service till the end. Chorong walking alone freely at the street, finally the freedom she’s getting, is been longer since she enjoyed it with no worries. She still checks her phone for any updates from Eunji, but not receiving any.

Turn into the corner into her neighbourhood, a figure ran towards her. “Oh crap… please don’t be a sasaeng.” Chorong prayed inside. Heads up as the person was getting closer, with a closer look, it was actually Eunji.

“I guess you won’t be home that early so I went wandering around.” said Eunji as she helped Chorong carried her bag.

“How long you have waited?”

“About 20 minutes?”

Chorong didn’t continue the conversation as they walked back together into her house. Eunji too, she didn’t know which part she did wrong, just quietly followed Chorong behind. Swiftly unlocked the door, Chorong threw herself on the sofa while Eunji closed the door and placed her bag on the coffee table. Eunji sat on the floor, staying beside her. “Are you mad? Because I came without telling?”

Chorong looked at Eunji, with tears running in the eyes. Eunji was shocked seeing her in that state.

“Eunji-ya, can you hug me?” Quickly, Eunji moved beside Chorong and hugged her. In Eunji’s embrace, Chorong cried like a baby, sobbing hard. Eunji had no idea why but still had her hand her back, comforting her.

“Unnie, you okay?”

“I’m so tired. I’m so tired of running. Ran crazily for these 15 years, tired of running away from you.”

Eunji was confused, and she made Chorong faced her. “Then why you still trying to run away from me?”

“Because I can’t be with you.”

“So, does this mean you hate me?”

“No, I like you.”

Eunji was shocked of getting her feelings returned instead of receiving rejections again. “Then why can’t you accept me before?”

“Because of what we are. Things are more complicated, and I don’t want to hurt you, Eunji-ya. You have a bright future, so does JEJ. You will be better if you are not with me.”

“Nonsense! The future I always wanted is with you.” Eunji’s words made Chorong speechless. “How about I quit too? Together we run away from here to somewhere people don’t know us.”

“Jeong Eunji! Are you nuts? You were inexperience in love, you might get sick of me, because of me you chose to leave the industry? What will happen to you and JEJ if you leave, have you ever thought of Jieun? And what would you do if we broke up, return and join audition or survival programme to be a trainee again?”

“I see you haven’t had 100% trust on me. I knew you will consider that much, so I waited that long. And, I said before that I will be more mature and more responsible. Months passed, yet I’m still a kid in your eyes.” said Eunji sulking as she scooted over to the other side of the sofa.

Noticing her words might be a little over, Chorong moved beside Eunji, put her head on her lap. “Sorry Eunji-ya. I might overthink. Maybe we can try, but we have to stay cautious every time.”

“Really?”

“Yes, for real.” Looking at Eunji, her face filled with excitement and joy, Chorong didn’t forget to mention the most important part. “Only with one condition, break up if your fans or the company found out.”

And that’s how Eunji and Chorong start dating. Eunji was so happy finally getting her feelings returned. Daringly, Eunji’s hands move to Chorong face, while Chorong looking back with her straight clear eyes. Slowly closing the distance between them, Eunji planted a gentle kiss there. “Those can be worried later. Can I stay tonight? In your room, not the guestroom that Solar used to stay.”

“Sure.” Chorong smiled at the jealous puppy lovingly.

 

Chorong nuzzled closer in Eunji’s hug as both of them cuddled on her bed. Still thinking whether her decision was right or wrong, she knew this is positively will affect the peace of both Eunji and her family, still she has no idea how to reject Eunji’s persistent love, no idea how to stop her footstep that always bringing her closer to Eunji. Her fingers run through Eunji’s delicate features, brushing her charming lips with her thumbs, and looked into the deep attractive eyes.

Feeling touch from Chorong, Eunji looked down, made Chorong red-faced and hid herself more in her embrace. Eunji smiled at her girlfriend cute reaction, leaving a soft peak at her forehead, and both of them drifted into dreamland.

 

 

Chorong looked at Eunji who was wearing her bra, admiring her well-defined abs before she covered her simple white oversized shirt.

“We just confirmed our relationship last night, and today you are trying to run away?” Chorong teased.

Eunji shocked by her girlfriend’s voice, turned her head to face Chorong, and to her surprise, Chorong’s body was the dangerous temptation she had to avoid now, every inch of her body was screaming at her to get back on bed with Chorong, but she had to control herself or else she will be late for her rehearsal at Busan.

“Like what you see?” Chorong teased the poor girlfriend again as she caught her staring. Chorong was half-, body covered by the blanket, one of her silky white legs was revealed. Eunji swallowed the lump in his throat. “Sorry for waking you and I didn’t mean to stare.” She quickly apologised.

Chorong laughed at her flushed red girlfriend.

“I had to go for the rehearsal; I promise will make up when I’m back Seoul.”

“Is okay, you don’t have to rush back here.”

“No, I have to.” Moved closer to her, Eunji kissed Chorong one last time before leaving to Busan.

 

 

 

Four days had passed since Eunji last contacted her. During the day, Chorong organized her bookshelf and tidied her study room; during the night, she would have her phone waiting for Eunji’s message or looking at the door with anticipation. The last message from Eunji was about apologise not able to make it back Seoul, and that’s all. Chorong wanted to call Eunji, but afraid of disturbing her, so she waited, and tried to find things to do, to keep her mind occupied.

Today is the fourth day, Chorong lazily flipping through the channels. She suddenly got an idea, logged in to Eunji’s fanbase discussion forum, maybe she might know what was she busy doing these past few days.

 

As expected, JEJ is the best.

Eunji unnie doesn’t look good from the preview of the radio recording. Take care yourself.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter