1.

Hope Not
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Eunji-yah, did you know Chorong-unnie is leaving Plus S?”

Eunji, who was warming up her vocal, halted and turned facing her partner. “What did you just say? Chorong-unnie is going to quit?”

“Yes, Chorong-unnie just released announced via her Instagram.” Quickly, Eunji switched on her locked phone, and realized there were already news all around the net, the hot topic was topped and trended by Chorong’s sudden announcement, the staffs from Plus S must be busy now receiving calls from media outlets just to confirming the news. A few second later, an official notice released on the company’s website. With fear, Eunji clicked the notice.

 

Hello, it’s Plus S entertainment here.

 

First, we were apologized for sudden announcement made by our artist, Park Chorong.

 

We had confirmed with her in person that is true that Park Chorong had make the decision to quit as a singer, but she will still continue working in industry as a song writer.

 

Park Chorong’s birthday fanmeeting will still carry out as planned date and venue.

 

This year marked the singer 15th debut anniversary; A last fan-song dedicated to her fan will be released soon, and a final goodbye concert was still in discussion.   

 

We hope you will still give unchanging love and support to song writer, Park Chorong.

 

Thank you.

 

 

 

Done recording songs for their upcoming tour, Eunji quickly left the recording room after biding goodbyes to Jieun and the producer. Wearing her favourite cap, Eunji got in her manager car she borrowed, quickly drove away so won’t get recognized by the fans or any paparazzi. Driving through Seoul without a navigation was never good idea, but Eunji knew where she was going to. Her heart knew it and surely will bring her to there.

 

On the other side, Chorong who was put under public’s eyes, receiving attentions since she was fifteen, felt relieved after the announcement, finally letting down the weight that she has been carrying for the past 15 years. Drying with hair with a towel, letting out a bitter smile while looking at her past works, browsing through the albums she released as a soloist, finally all of this had come to the end. Her eyes fixed at certain album, ‘Growing Dream’, debut album for the duo, JEJ.

Chorong remembered that she was asked to write lyrics for the duo and the glow in one of the members when she received the completed lyrics from her. The same member that confessed to her.

Memories still clear in Chorong’ head. When the album was out physically, of course it was a hit. Eunji brought the signed album and visited Chorong to thank her in person.

“Chorong-sunbae, thank you for your hard work.”

“Don’t mention it. I also felt proud that it went good on the charts. Congratulations.”

“Actually, I liked Chorong-sunbae a lot, and I will still continue liking you. That’s why I’m really happy when I heard that you were taking part in our debut album.” said Eunji loud and clear without dropping any honorific, her words were filled with seriousness.

Chorong was shocked by the sudden straightforwardness from her junior. A silence awkward followed as Chorong didn’t know what to do with the sudden confession. Yes, even though she had received confessions from both genders, and rejected them politely, but still she didn’t know how with deal the situation at the moment. “Oh really? Thank you, and I would be grateful if you remain your support to me.” Chorong tried to laugh it off.

“Of course, I will. You are the first person that I gave our album to.”

“How about Bomi?”

“Opps… I totally forgot about her.”

The vibration from her phone brought her back. Is message from her.

 

Rong-unnie, can you please open the gate? I’m waiting outside.

 

It was February in Seoul, and Eunji never trusted the weather forecast, it said it was going to be warmer that week, yet she was standing in front Chorong’s house, one hand holding a hot pack to keep her warm, hated herself for forgetting her padding, while the one holding the older favourite dish and some bottles of soju. She waited beside her car after sending message to Chorong, no longer that, she was engulfed by Chorong’s thick winter jacket.

“Hi, and sorry for disturbing.”

“Come in first, what if you were followed by some sasaeng?”

Eunji rarely visit Chorong, only if she had to work extra on composing song with her, but mostly she came with Jieun or when she had zero ideas for her lyrics, she will come to get some inspiration or seek help from Chorong. Inside Chorong’s house, Eunji was welcomed by the warm air from the heather and Chorong passed her a glass of warm water. “Why you here?”

“I came here to congratulate my favourite senior, and I bought her her favourite.”

 

Setting up the dish on the coffee table at the living room, they sit next to each other, eating while watching the news on the TV, mainly reporting about Chorong. After finishing the dish, they had a small chat.  

“19th April. Won’t it be your 15th debut anniversary?”

“As expected Eunji, my no.1 fan. But don’t worry, the final concert won’t be that soon, probably around June.”

“About that, will you consider about it?”

“Aigoo, our Eunji must be busy. Weren’t you suppose to have rehearsal for your coming tour?” This time, Chorong changed the topic again.

“Yes, For the upcoming weeks, Jieun and I will start our rehearsing. We really wanted to show our best to the fans every live.”

“You have to take care and drink less of this, you know that’s not good for your throat.” Grab the finished soju bottle from the younger and throw them into the bin. “Just stay for the night, I had the guest room prepared. Rest early. Good night.” said Chorong and went back to her room, leaving Eunji alone at the living room.

 

Eunji was just a normal student when she joined Plus S as a trainee. It was during one of the weekly auditions, Chorong found Eunji stood out among the others. She never listened to somebody singing her own song more beautiful and adding her own colours into it, turned the song into a brand-new song with her own charm, and she would never believe that the talented kid just two years younger than her. Since Eunji got in Plus S as a trainee, Chorong had her eyes on her, she always found herself falling into admiration when she heard the trainee sings, at least that was how Chorong always convince herself about it. Yet Chorong always there, try to ignore her wild heartbeat, keeping her distant, se

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter