Accomplishment

The Three Little Pigs
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

It was already a few weeks into our practices. I hadn’t talked to him. I didn’t know how to approach him. He was always surrounded by a bunch of people, and it seemed to be difficult to even get near him. I thought that maybe we wouldn’t be friends after all.

 

“I’ll announce the school players now!”

 

The better basketball players will be able to represent our school in competitions. Those who aren’t chosen are just… not chosen. Jinwoon and I were part of the team, together with three others. Woohyun was in it, too. I had no idea how it all happened, but Woohyun was appointed as the captain, and I was the vice-captain. It was definitely a good opportunity for me to get to know him.

 

Although he was on the shorter side in our team, Woohyun could play well. He was nimble and really active in the court. Actually, he was everywhere. He tried his very best; sometimes, even surpassing his limits. I, for one, will only do what is expected of me. No more, no less.

 

Not long later, the intensive trainings began. We would have to run for several laps around the court. I felt like I went through hell and came back again. The only thing that I looked forward to was the end of the week.

 

I bade Jinwoon goodbye as we were headed in opposite directions. Howon left first as his dance practice ended early. When I reached the junction, I heard heavy pantings behind me. I turned around just to see an exhausted Nam Woohyun bending forward, with his hands on his knees.

 

“Hey.” He raised his head a little, and I could hear his deep breathing. I tilted my head to a side,

Please log in to read the full chapter