Wikipedia Page

↙—D-Tour—↗ || Girl Group

D-Tour (band)


From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

D-Tour( /­­diːtʊə/; Korean: 디터) is a six member South Korean girl groupformed by SM Entertainmentin 2010. [1]Their name is a play on the word detour, meaning a deviation from the usual. The general concept was that of a girl group “diverting from the norm. [2The group has also made a nickname for themselves as “International Idols” as half of the members grew up in different parts of Asia and Europe. The group officially made their debut on April 27, 2010 on SBS’s Inkigayowith their single, “Spotlight”. [3] The group consists of six members with leader Jaehwa, Vanness, Ha Neul, Cha Cha, Annie, and Ji Eun .

It is rumored that the group will be foraying into the Chinese music scene in later 2012 alongside label-mate EXO-M. [4]


History


2010: Debut, first single album and SMTOWN World Tour

On March 14, 2010, a cryptic message was posted on SM Town’s official website with the only sentence being “a deviation from the norm”. Most had presumed it to be a hacker but was silenced once they put up another section for their website labeling it as “D-Tour”. 

March 28, 2010, SM finally released a teaser video on YouTube before releasing individual teaser photos of the girls where only small glimpses were made as most were wearing masks or shades. SM kept up on the secret identities of the girls with only their stage names and origins present in each profile.

D-Tour’s first single, “Spotlight”, was digitally released on April 24, 2010. The official release of the music video followed the next day, garnering a multitude of views for the first few hours at an incredible pace. [5] The group officially debuted on SBS’s Inkigayo on April 27, 2010.

With the success of their debut single, D-Tour released their first single album, "Lady Luck” on July 1, 2010. The album consisted of three new songs plus a remixed version of “Spotlight”.

The promotion of the album was cut short almost a month later though as D-Tour participated in the SMTown Live ’10 World Tour on August 21 alongside their label-mates atSeoul Jamsil Olympic Stadium. Following their performance in Seoul, D-Tour also performed in Los Angeles, Shanghai, Tokyo, Paris, and New York (2011) during later dates.

2011: First album, This is War and Jet

 

On March 1, 2011, SM Entertainment announced a comeback for the group sometime soon with a teaser photo for their first full length album on that very same day. 

Individual teaser photos were released soon after from March 6 to March 9. The official MV teaser for their first album entitled "This is War" was released on March 13, 2011. The album was then released on March 15, 2011, followed by the official MV release a day after. The group then had their official comeback stage on March 18, 2011 in M!Countdown. They had received their first win on M!Countdown on March 24, 2011.

With "Love is War", the group had won 7 awards in different music shows, namely M! Countdown, Music Bank, and Inkigayo

On April 1, 2011, it had been announced that the group would be releasing the repackaged album for "This is War" entitled "Jet" on April 7, 2011. The album included all 10 songs from the original album, plus additional two songs, "Zoom" and "Jet", and also member Annie and leader Jaehwa's duet for the OST of drama "Stars in the Sky", in which member Cha Cha had acted in. The MV for their title track "Zoom" was released on March 8, 2011, the same day they had started for the promotions of the album.

On December 13, 2011, alongside other SM Entertainment idols, D-Tour released their rendition of the English song "This Christmas" as part of the album 2011 Winter SMTOWN - The Warmest Gift.

 

2012: SMTOWN Tour, Wonderland, and Chinese Debut

Okay that’s enough of a spoiler.

 

Members


Stage Name

Birth Name

Date of Birth

Position

Romanized

Hangul

Romanized

Hangul

Jaehwa

재화

Seo Jaehwa

서재화

October 18, 1988 (Age 23)

Leader, Lead Vocalist

Vanness

반네스

Qiang Yuen

황현영

December 31, 1988 (Age 23)

Main Dancer, Vocalist

Haneul

하늘

Im Jaerin

임재린

January 23, 1990 (Age 22)

Main Rapper, Vocalist

Cha Cha

차차

Moon Ae Cha

문애차

August 9, 1990 (Age 21)

Lead Rapper, Vocalist

Annie

앤니

Seo Nara

서나라

April 4, 1991 (Age 21)

Main Vocals, Lead Dancer

Ji Eun

지은

Ryu Ji Eun

류지은

June 17, 1993 (Age 18)

Maknae, Vocalist, Visual

 

Other Activites


Original Soundtracks

In early 2011, Annie contributed to the soundtrack for sitcom "All My Love" with the song "My, my, my". She and Jieun later recorded a duet for the same sitcom entitled "You who doesn't know". For SBS's drama "Stars in the Sky", Annie and Jaehwa had contributed with the duet "반짝반짝 (Twinkle, Twinkle)".

In later 2011, Jaehwa recorded the songs "노을 (Sunset)" and "Two Faced Fool" for the JTBC drama "Queen Insoo". Annie also contributed to KBS's drama "Poseidon" with "Maybe it's a dream".

In mid-2012, Jaehwa participated for the second part of the original soundtrack for SBS drama "A Gentleman's Dignity" with "오늘 오늘밤 [Today, Tonight]".

Production

Members Cha Cha and Haneul are known to be producers as well.

By their debut, it had been revealed that Cha Cha participated in the production of several of SM Entertainment labelmates' songs such as Girls Generation's "Tell Me Your Wish (Genie)" and "Boys and Girls" feat. Key of SHINee, SHINee's "Life" and "One"; f(x)'s "LA chA TA", "Nu ABO", and "Beatiful Goodbye"; and SM the Ballad's "Hot Times" and "Don't Lie" feat. Henry of Super Junior M

Haneul, on the other hand, participated more in the production of D-Tour's own songs. She was revealed to be one of the main producers working on their first EP, Lady Luck.

Discography


Korean Discography

Singles

  • 2010: Spotlight

Digital Singles

  • 2011: This Christmas
  • 2012: Beautiful affair [Korean ver.]

EPs

  • 2010: Lady Luck

Studio Albums

  • 2011: This is War

Mini Albums

  • 2012: WONDERLAND

Repackaged Albums

  • 2011: Jet
  • 2012: 나쁜여자

Chinese Discography

Singles

  • 2012: Beautiful Affair