And With Change

↙—D-Tour—↗ || Girl Group

Lee Soo Man speaks out; updates on a possible new girl group
by AKApop March 27, 2010 at 7:10 pm



After grueling days concerning figuring out what is up with SM Entertainment’s website, mastermind Lee Soo Man finally reveals the thought behind the sudden change during a lecture he had given to freshmen business administration students on SM Entertainment’s globalization and business management.

During the lecture, Lee Soo Man had been heard dropping hints here and there with various tips concerning business management until he finally revealed the answer to an unspoken question.

“In our society today, it’s always changing. It’s always varying and people always thrive to stay within the current trends. And this is why we should be able to think of new ideas often; we always need to be one step ahead of everyone else. But aside from that, we need to learn how to compromise. We need to learn how to adapt to change, to survive.” Lee Soo Man stated.

He then continued, “And this why SM Entertainment will be promoting its new girl group soon. In high hopes, we are betting our all into this group. For a group to be able to convey a message we, SM Entertainment, want to send. We hope to be heard, finally.”

Although nothing more had been said, it certainly got most fans expecting a lot from the girl group.

Currently, there is no word yet on whenever said girl group’s debut will take place or what exact name would be given.

Source + Photo: Naver
Tip: wonderboy


.oOo.

Timeline: March 28, 2010
 

“What are you looking at?”

At a presence suddenly appearing right beside you, completely out of the blue, one would be utterly surprised, scared even. But Qiang Yuen stays still, the voice coming from the person beside her as familiar as the back of her hand. She keeps scrolling through her phone [one he has so kindly gifted her once the absolutely fabulous news had gotten out] until she reaches the end of the page.

She recalls various comments.

“Not another girl group.”

“OMG, I’m so excited!”

“SM Entertainment is putting too much weight on their shoulders…”

“Let’s see what they have, then.”


Everyone’s a critic.

It’s not about who is who anymore, everyone just needs to have someone to criticize. Someone to talk bad about when no one wants to listen. Someone to make them feel better when they see the failure in the mirror.  Yuen keeps quiet, as she always does, never truly voicing her opinions nor letting the scathing remarks buried in the back of slip.

She doesn’t get why people need to do this. Hell, she doesn’t know why she’s desperately craving for approval by people she’ll probably never meet.

Yuen places her phone on her lap and tilts her head upwards. Kim Ryeowook grins back down at her, eyes reduced to almost slits due to the smile practically glued to his lips. An almost identical – not exactly as wide, but containing just as much brightness – smile graces the young Chinese’s face.

“Li Xu,” she starts. Yuen has always preferred calling Ryeowook by his Chinese name, not that he ever minded. It was always good practice, he said. She moves, almost automatically, to give him enough space to sit and laugh with her. It’s a natural thing for them, oddly enough.

“Yuen,” he greets back and snatches up her phone from her lap. She doesn’t react, only looks at him and how his eyes scan over the screen, his smile getting bigger and bigger with each passing sentence. When Ryeowook turns back to Yuen, his eyes are once more reduced to mere slits.

He doesn’t say anything. She laughs awkwardly, tucking a stray lock of hair behind her ear.

“You’re really debuting. Oh my God, you really are.” Ryeowook still has the grin plastered on his face, but his already soft voice is reduced to a mere whisper. He frowns suddenly though, maybe another hit from his mood swings. “When’s the debut date, though?”

Yuen shrugs.

“Oh, well… do you already have a song? What kind of song will you sing?”

Yuen pulls out a lyrics sheet and hands it to him. “They haven’t told us yet – just gave us the lyrics.”

Ryeowook frowns, seeing how the parts are divided. “You don’t even have a solo. Not one? But you have a good voice, you know.”

“I’ll be dancing, they said.”

Ryeowook continues asking her pointless questions to which she doesn’t exactly have an answer from; how her group mates are, do they treat her well, is she fairing well, does she want to hang out later when all of this is over, and some others that she has already forgotten simply because she can’t pay attention.

Her mind always goes back to those comments and desperation for approval. Her thoughts always trail back to the question, “why should she?”

“Yah, Ryeowookie, you in here?” a young man pokes his head into the training room. Vaguely, Yuen recognizes him as Ryeowook’s hyung and Super Junior’s lead dancer – Eunhyuk was it? He looks only somewhat surprised at the sight of the younger member curling up in the corner of the room across the mirrored walls with a female trainee.

“Yah, get your out of there and stop making us singles jealous.” He teases, an eyebrow raised and a goofy smirk placed on his lips. Ryeowook starts the almost impulsive rant about how he is not in any way romantically involved with Qiang Yuen. Eunhyuk cuts him off though, “Besides, Leeteuk hyung is almost giving out a search warrant for you. Hurry up, we have to finish practice. Donghae wants to go home and Heechul hyung still has some schedules.”

Still whining, Ryeowook stands up and hands back the mobile phone in his hands to Yuen, telling his hyung he’ll be there shortly. He turns back to Yuen once more, pouting.

“It’s not fair. When I finally get to see you again, I have to go!” he complains. Yuen smiles reassuringly at him, standing up on her own whilst simultaneously grabbing her brown duffel bag.

“It’s fine. I have to go too.” Yuen starts, passing by him with a pat on the shoulder. “I’m late anyway and manager-ssi will kill me.”

He quickly catches up to her though, even bothering to hold open the door for her. And with a promise of a day out with him before she officially debuts, he waves her off and sprints towards the opposite direction.

She leaves the SM building, climbing up into one of the entertainment agency’s black vans. Her manager is going to kill her knowing that, again, she refuses to stay on schedule. Her hair appointment should have been done thirty minutes ago.

Yuen catches her reflection on the vans’ tinted windows. She runs her fingers through her hair; long, soft, and dark as midnight.

She purses her lips.

Maybe a little change wouldn’t really hurt.

 


A/N: Just a teaser~ I'm not closing applications any time soon but I felt a need to update you guys with at least something. xD
Anyway, apply is still open! Feel free to do so, okay? :)