Back in the Day

↙—D-Tour—↗ || Girl Group

D-Tour’s Haneul makes a prediction for upcoming movie, ‘I AM’
by AKApop – April 30, 2012 at 4:14 pm                                                                                74980 Views           135 Comments

D-Tour’s Haneul gives her say regarding the viewer percentages for SM Entertainment’s upcoming film, I AM.

The ‘I AM’ showcase that was held in Seoul this April 30 had garnered a lot of interest for its obvious star-studded cast and undoubted emotional value for both the idols and fans alike, and surprisingly, Haneul had spoken up about why she thinks the fans will eventually want to see the movie.

SM Town’s fanbase is really large, so I think the documentary will do okay by itself.” She admitted, grabbing the attention of those who were present. “I think the reason fans will want to really watch the movie is… well, concerning normal fans, about  90% will be there because they want to feel as if they were a part of their beloved idol’s hardships. The rest would just be very curious and would want to see it because they have nothing else to do, or that their friend or family member is a fan and wants to see it.”

When asked why she said ‘normal fans’ though, Haneul continued. “In that ninety per cent, it will be divided into three categories that aren’t exactly equal in amount. The first group will be because they really love the group or just a member or a signer in particular. They will most likely be compromised of about 30% of the 90%. The second category will be because they want to see the more human side of idols; the time they were trainees and worked hard to get where they are now. Idols are very peculiar kind of people; we are expected to be someone who seems to be superior in some aspects than most people so with I AM, they will be able to see how we really are and if we are still worthy of their praises and support.”

Her words had surprised everyone with her observation, some even complimenting her with her presumably accurate prediction. However, what had everyone’s curiosity piqued the most was when she paused before telling the last category.

After a moment though, she had everyone laughing upon saying, “The last category will be the fans who want to see f(x)’s Amber and D-Tour’s Vanness with long hair and their feminine charm from trainee days.”

Source & Image: Newsen via Nate

.oOo.

Timeline: May o2, 2009

“No, no, no, Amber. Your rap has to be full of swag! It’s a powerful song and you’re doing most of the adlibs before the rap. It needs to be confident; it needs to be compelling enough to beat Luna’s vocals. You don’t want your vocals to be over-shadowed by the lead singers, do you?”

From inside the recording booth, Amber Liu is already snorting to contain her laughter, but nods firmly as well. The boyish girl is trying hard to appear professional as there are other people present in the room. Amber knows this is a time to be serious, her pride is running on the line here with two of the other f(x) members, their manager and even the composer of the song is present. She can’t mess up.

“Okay, yeah. Can I try that again?” she asks through the mic and bobs her head to the beat once the music starts playing.

The song writer, Kenzie though gazes in slight disappointment at the young woman beside her before patting her on the back and muttering encouraging words towards her. She excuses herself and exits the room with their manager and the other members trailing behind her.

Almost immediately, the two left burst out laughing.

“Oh my God, Cha; did you really just say that?” Amber asks as she holds her sides, doubling over as she lets out silent laughs. Moon Ae Cha stops the music and laughs along with her, slumping in her seat as she does so. Amber composes herself long enough to move towards the mic again, noticing that Ae Cha still has her headphones on. A cheeky grin crosses her face as she suddenly yells, “Producer Aeng in the house, yo!”

In reflex, she throws the headphones away from her, hitting the glass separating them right on. It is a damn good thing SM Entertainment has some sturdy glasses.

Amber heads out of the recording booth laughing still. Ae Cha glares at her and attempts to tell her that it that was definitely not funny and she could have gone deaf from that, however, no such complaint comes to her as she merely follows the other’s laugh.

“Okay, okay, enough. We’re having too much fun here.” Ae Cha says, in between breaths. She finally calms down but still keeps her grin. “And I have to go, Amber, whether I like it or not.”

Amber frowns at her, before putting on a mask of shock.

“Moon Ae Cha, are you possibly being responsible and caring about other trainees now?” The boyish girl mocks whilst Ae Cha merely rolls her eyes.

“Oh hush up, Amber. Just because I’m closer with some other trainees doesn’t mean I’m a prick to the rest! And besides, we had a bit of a shuffling between trainees; new trainees, desperate need for a proper first impression.” Ae Cha winks before laughing as Amber shakes her head. With a sympathetic grin, Ae Cha places a hand on the younger girl. “But seriously, Ambro – I need to bolt.”

“Quit doing those American 60s quotes, Cha.” Amber guffaws and gently pushes her towards the door. “Now go before they hate you even more for being incredibly late.”

Ae Cha sticks out her tongue one final time before she closes the door soundly behind her.

.oOo.

When Ae Cha finally reaches her training room all the way across the other side of the SM Academy building, she’s already sweating and out of breath. She’s panting with her body leaning forward, her hands planted on her knees trying to steady herself. Man, she needs a work out. All that cooped up inside a recording studio business certainly has brought her out of shape, surprisingly.

Ae Cha takes a deep breath and shakes her head. She needs to get over herself, she thinks.

Taking the door knob into her hand, she twists it before carefully pushing the door open. Four pairs of eyes immediately turn to look at her and Ae Cha has never felt so small before. If only for a split second; Moon Ae Cha would never lower herself to those kinds of self-esteem problems.

Three out of four people go back to their own business while the last girl bounces up to her.

“Ae Cha! I haven’t seen you in a while!” Park Jung Ree looks back at her, a bright smile on her face as she rocks on the heels of her feet. Though Jung Ree is older by a few months, in contrast to Ae Cha’s more mature look, Jung Ree is just a cute little kid. “Isn’t it super coincidental we’re in the same cluster, again? And what do you know; you’re the only person I know again!”

A crooked smile finds its way onto her face and Ae Cha sets aside her duffel bag near what she presumes is Jung Ree’s bag. When the older girl smiles, Ae Cha plops down on the wooden floor board trying to relax for a little while before their choreographer comes in.  Jung Ree sits beside her, smiling easily still as she pulls up her knees and wraps her arms around them.

“Okay, so I recognize the three Chinese dancers, don’t know their names though.” Ae Cha leans back, almost lying down on the floor with only her elbows propping her up and keeping her steady. Jung Ree nods, never really one to complain as she leans closer to the younger girl.

“Well, the two over there are Jamie and Laurali.” She motions towards the two young girls roughhousing; yelling profanities in English and Chinese as they huddle over what she presumes is a pmp player.

OHH! And that, Laurali, is why you don’t mess with the J-Lin.” The one with the longer hair says, smirking smugly and holding her hand out in amusement, seemingly waiting for payment.

Grumbling, the other girl takes off her baseball cap, Ae Cha faintly seeing the logo of the New York Knicks. She stands up and ruffles her short dyed hair, sighing as she takes out a few American dollars from her pocket.

“Man, I was sure that he would make that shot.” The short haired girl shakes her head before handing the sitting girl some money. She plops back down though, eyes trained on the pmp player once again.

Ae Cha looks at Jung Ree for confirmation.

“The first one to speak was Jamie, the other was Laurali. Americanized, both,” Ae Cha nods understandingly. “Basketball nerds, those two are. It’s cute and all but they get really worked up over the slightest things…”

“What about the other girl?”

Jung Ree looks behind her shoulder and spots a young woman with her back leaning against the sky-curtained wall, hair in a ponytail and earphones plugged into her ears.

“Oh, well… that’s Hyun Young unnie. Or Yuen as the two other Chinese calls her.” Jung Ree motions back to the obviously younger girls huddled over and shrieking like school girls to what Ae Cha presumes is a basketball video. “She doesn’t talk much really. I think she doesn’t really know Korean – haven’t seen her speak to anyone else other than the Chinese trainees.”

Ae Cha frowns. “I think I’ve seen her before though. Not sure where.”

Jung Ree shakes her head. “If you’ve been a trainee up until now, you definitely should have heard of her. You know. That Chinese dance machine they’ve been gossiping about. The one who they think is dating Hankyung oppa from Super Junior.”

“I thought they were talking about that Victoria Song girl?”

Jung Ree rolls her eyes. “Cha; Victoria unnie isn’t the only Chinese who’s good at dancing.”

Ae Cha purses her lips and keeps quiet, only wondering to herself how come all the Chinese trainees were such good dancers.

The door slams open though and all trainees in the room scramble to their feet.

A young man, no older than 25 perhaps, stands at the doorway, his hand on the knob. Shades are shielding his face, but Ae Cha can tell by the way the man dresses and the way he carries himself; he is one smoking hot dude. His lips are in a thin line He takes off the shades, looking directly at Ae Cha.

“You’re late.” He notes and takes off the shades, flipping his bangs towards the side. Ae Cha can feel her face flushing and she’s not sure whether it’s from embarrassment, or the young man in front of her. She doesn’t even bother wondering how he knows she’s late.

“Yes, I know. I’m sorry – I was just busy preparing for f(x)’s debut.”

“Save it.”

Ae Cha clamps shut, wondering to herself how this young man can even boss her around. He calls commands for the rest to gather and the three other girls walk to their place.

“Oh my goodness gracious to the glory of God…” Ae Cha mumbles under her breath, watching the tall, muscular young man head over to the young Chinese sitting at the corner. “Park Jung Ree, who is that stud?”

“What? You mean Minjun oppa?” Jung Ree laughs a bit and shakes her head before whispering back to Ae Cha. She stretches and tries to cover up the fact that they’re talking to each other. “He was a former trainee. He dropped out to sign a contract as an official choreographer for SM Entertainment though. Forget about it, Ae Cha. Heard he has his eyes on that princess brat, Ryu Ji Eun. Either he likes her, or really is just irritated that the girl can’t dance for her life –”

“Park.” Jang Minjun, their choreographer eyes them and honestly, Ae Cha thinks she has seen eyes like his once before. They’re cold, cruel, and closed off to the world. She glances over to the oldest girl in the room and looks at her reflection from the mirrored wall.

They have the same eyes, she notes.

“Shut up.”

Ae Cha snickers but immediately stops once Qiang Yuen’s eyes glaze over to hers; cold, cruel, and hauntingly beautiful.


A/N: Okay, I'm on time! XD Hahaha, so here is chapter 3, officially! :) You guys will know whether it's a canon chapter if I don't put anything before the title [Interlude chapter, Tourist spot, etc. etc.]

Alright, I need your opinion guys. Remember the drabbles idea? Well, I have two options for everyone.

  • First is that I will make a separate fanfic for the D-Tour drabbles, "Tourist Spot". I'll put every drabble there, both written by me and everyone else with pairings and situations from just about anywhere! The trick here is that I will update that almost every other day with a drabble, but - that means less updates in the canon fanfic, D-Tour itself.
  • Second option; I do not make the separate fanfic and continue to post three sets of drabbles here every other week. I'm going to try and do a double update every once in a while with a chapter + three drabbles, but mostly it will be chapter > drabbles > chapter. The catch is that this might not be as neat as I'd hope it would be. It'll get a bit messy with alternating chapters from canon to fanon :/ Updates will be the same and will be done at least once a week. :)