moving on - kodaline

shine on me, love me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(7) MOVING ON - KODALINE


It was summer, the leaves from the beautiful trees are falling off. The wind goes warmer, the sun goes brighter yellow to orange til five in the afternoon. There are only rare people who loves this season, Moonbyul is one of them. 


She was walking the same way. It was surrounded by cherry blossom trees. The warm breeze was blowing some of her hair strands, smiling at the comfort feeling of the season. 


She sat on the same bench, hands inside pockets of her caramel coat, still smiling at the beautiful view of the river and the clear blue sky. It was picturesque to her eyes. 


She veered the same pedestral, walking along with the strangers who has different paths unlike hers. It was always the same. 


She stopped on the same corner street, chest feeling heavier. She smiled as she read the small tag on the glass door of a flower shop, "Open". The shop was only ten steps away from where she was standing on. 


She was just standing there, feeling the nostaglia everytime she goes here on the same month and day every year. She took a deep breathe, relieved that the shop was going well, people still love the flowers. 


She must be taking care of them too well? She's still the same, Moonbyul thought, half-smiling. 


She was just standing there, watching the people come and go from the flower shop. She might look like a creep, but the same people who caught her doing the same for the past three years got used to her, so to speak.


The same person she wanted to see was nowhere in sight. A little bit of ache started growing inside her heart. 


"Haven't you heard? She's getting married tomorrow!" An old man told her who's sitting in a vacant seat outside a coffee shop near where she's standing at. 


She turned her head to him and smile, "That's good to hear."


Old man motioned his hand to sit with her on the opposite chair but she politely declined with a bow, "No, I'm fine here. I won't take too long. Thanks." 


Old man shrugged and mind his own business. Moonbyul turned her head back at the flower shop exact timing when the person she wanted to see appeared entering the shop. 


Moonbyul couldn't help but smile wider as she sees her. She changed her hair color from brunette to blonde, it perfectly suits her. She gained weight, her mochi cheeks popping out when she smiles. She was wearing a pink maternity dress, perfect for the weather. 


"Yongsun," Moonbyul said underneath her breath. Feeling something in her melting. 


Seeing her happy and doing well makes Moonbyul's heart grow fonder every minute. It was enough for her to see her like this from afar. 


July 16. Same day when they met. 2017. The year where she forget everything and Moonbyul let her go. 


People were right, "It be like that sometimes." 


They met on the same season four years ago, walked the same path, sat on the same bench, stood on the same corner street. The flower shop wasn't there back then, it used to be a rented space. Yongsun used to tell her how she wanted to open a business, but couldn't do it due to financial reasons. Moonbyul always believed in her. They were good friends, loved making teas and talking about flowers and four seasons every single day. They liked each other, but it was too late when they t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter