What Could Be Wrong On Valentine's Day?

Don't Say No, My Valentine

He had spent few days after their last show to think about how his mission to get her back would be arranged. Particularly, his WGM will be aired a day before valentine.

This maybe the first time in his life that he had ever requested his hyung's advice. He even called Heechul who was at his military post and endured humiliation of the crazy hyung upon his questions. Unlike his usual self, he did not care of what his hyungs thought of him because of that. All that he wanted was to get his girl back in his arms. Full stop. Period.

While the hyungs whole heartedly helped him preparing his mission, the Kyuline was divided. Ryeowook in particular, was torn between the two best friends. Yet he understand that Kyuhyun had crossed a line by hurting Seohyun, since it was out of his love to both that Changmin stepped out from becoming Kyuhyun’s rival on winning her heart two years ago.

But Kyuhyun‘s determination was fix, he even went to Changmin to talk, though no one knew what the outcome of their talks. But it seemed they had renewed their friendship after that talk.

The girls were also divided. Yoona, out of her love and her protectiveness of her dongsaeng, had refused to take part of Kyuhyun’s plan. But she also not saying or prevent anything. She was only worried that Kyuhyun would (again) break his own promise. Sooyoung, Yuri and Hyoyeon on the other hand were fully on board with the plan because they could not stand to look at the cold war that was radiated from the two people who usually glued to each other.The rest of the girl stayed neutral, except their leader who had crossed Kyuhyun from their visiting list.

The girl on question, however, was left on the blind side. While her eyes still sometimes welled with tears when she heard Kyuhyun’s songs, she had slowly moved on and started enjoying her time with other men on series of friendly dates.

Therefore, she did not expect much on Valentine’s day. She cried the night before when listening to her own song and pushed herself to watch Kyuhyun’s WGM that aired at the same day. Then she bid goodnight to her Unnies and went to bed.

But woke up on Valentine’s day and remembered that her ex-boyfriend hated her had made a toll for her fragile heart. So she hugged her keroro pillow tightly and remembered what happened on the same day a year ago.

 

*flashback*

“Sssttt... Joohyun-ah!”

Seohyun looked outside the window to find Kyuhyun’s fidgeting below her window.  “Oppa, what are you doing down there? This is still 6 am!”

“I can’t sleep. Not after I know what will be your answer.”

“Hmmm? For what question?”

“Can you open the door first? It’s chilly here!”

“Oh Oppa, it’s your own fault! This is winter! Why you...”

“Hyunnie, just open the door?”

She ran downstair and opened the door.

“Oppa... You... Mphhhh.....”

He kissed her. His lips were cold because he must spend a good few minutes freezing outside, but God, he kissed her.

She put her arms into his neck when he tilted his head and kissed her more deeply. Then after a few more minutes, they broke the kiss to catch some breath.

“Wh... what... that for?”

She asked when they put their foreheads together. He smiled.

“I love you, my humble Joohyunnie. Would you be my girl?”

She stunned. That’s true he had been taking her to dinner and lunch and breakfast at any free time they both had, but she was never dare to hope that he would proclaim his love to her this soon.

“Hyunnie?” He sounded worry. She smiled back. She was not the only one with lack of confidence here. It was mutual.

“Yes, Oppa, I would.” She paused. “ I love you too.”

He squealed. And hugged her even tighter.

“Just promise me that you would care my fragile heart.”

“I will, I promise.”

He kissed her again, while they heard a *click* sound.

*end of flashback*

 

Tears welled in her eyes again. A year, and he broke his own promise.

She looked at her side and wondered why Hyoyeon was not in her bed. The dancer was not a morning person after all. But then this was Valentine, strange thing happened. So she shrugged and rose from her bed to open the window.

Then when she reached the window, she found a small note on the frame. “Hyunnie, go to the living room, and turn on the VCR, somebody asked me to deliver the video to you. Just watched, ok? – Yul-Unnie”

She bewildered. A VCR? Who sent that? But since this is her Yul-Unnie, who she knew had the most honest heart then she brushed her suspicion and walked to the living room to do what she’s been told.

She the VCR and then an instrumental song filled the living room. She had a dejavu, like she knew what that song was, but she just could not make a clue, especially when the video was playing in front of her eyes.

It was a video of her years with SM Family. And on each of the events there would be recorded comments from either her unnies or her oppas on the influence that she had in their lives. It was a short video, a half an hour or so. And then at the end of the length, a familiar face appeared, laughed shyly when a reporter asked him on the chilly weather for their MV shooting, “It’s cold, but when I see Seohyun-sshi with her thin outfit, this seems nothing.”

Tears dropped in her cheek, that was the day when they shot Seoul MV, and she remembered a warm jacket and two warm hands that hugged her tight when they waited for the next takes. “Hyunnie, I only want you to be warm, please don’t take it wrong.” She remembered that even if he took some moves there, she would gladly comply. She had a crush on him even at that time. Now she remembered the song on the background of the video, it's "Call You with My Heart", their first duet.

She hugged her knees and cried softly when a soft hand smoothen her hair. “Baby, are you alright?” She shifted her body to hug her Yoong-Unnie. ”I am fine Unnie, I just being my silly self.” Another hand tapped her head softly. “Happy Valentine, Hyunnie. I heard your song is a hit.” She lifted her head to lock her gaze to Sooyoung who smiled while handed her a small card. “LSM let us do a small party at the building. Yoon Gun-sunbae has already agreed to sing the duet if you also agree.”

She was silence for a bit, she really didn’t want to do anything related with love, included singing one, but she felt impolite to reject that when Yoon Gun had agree. So she nodded.

Sooyoung clapped and pulled her mobile, “Hyo-Unnie, she’s agreed.” Seohyun smiled upon seeing that, but her smile turned into frown when she glanced to Yoona who was stoic with all of this. She wondered what was wrong.