I Like, You Like.

Valentine's Day.

Taemin and Yumi used to not get along.

Yumi was a spoiled brat since she was the youngest in the family. She was showered with love by her parents and big brother. Her every need was catered and she never got used to not getting what she wanted.

Taemin, on the other hand, grew up the right way. Sure, he was the youngest like Yumi. But the spoiling he received from his older brother and parents never got to his head.

A few years back, Yumi and her family recently moved in to a new neighborhood, right next to another Lee family.

Both Lee families got along really well. Even the kids. Except for Yumi and Taemin, of course.

Taemin couldn't stand Yumi's brattiness, and Yumi couldn't stand how Taemin receives a lot without asking for much.

But through the years, their relationship improved to friendship. They were in the same homeroom, which means, they were classmates for the whole day, every subject, the whole school year, and even the next years, and there was nothing they could have done about it.

They didn't really have so much of a good kind of friendship where they could run to each other when there's something wrong. It was the kind of friendship where they were comfortable with each other. Comfortable enough to burst into the other's room in the morning and pull pranks without getting too mad for too long.

---

February 14, Valentine's Day.

Taemin and Yumi were walking side by side. Home wasn't far away from school.

Yumi was surprisingly quiet and Taemin was humming to himself as he carried his bags and bags of chocolates and candies he received along with the many confessions from his admirers.

"Did you give chocolates to anyone today?" Taemin spoke first.

"Nope," she answered simply. "How about you? Did you accept a confession today?"

Taemin shook his head.

"Nope," he replied, then his expression changed into a slight frown. "I like someone else. But it seems as though she doesn't like me back."

"Really? Ahh..." she hummed. "How unfortunate."

"Yeah. How about you? Do you like someone?"

"Yeah, he likes someone else," she confessed disappointingly.

"Ouch," he said. "Looks like the people we like like someone else."

"Mm-mm."

"Why don't we date then?" he suggested, his tone slightly teasing, but there was some hint of seriousness.

"We? Us?" she puzzled. "But then it would be unfair to the person you like."

Taemin couldn't answer. He thought for a moment.

"But...she likes someone else," he began carefully. "And I like her. And you like this guy, but he likes someone else. So why don't we like each other instead?"

"Now that's unfair to me. I like―," Yumi caught herself saying, stopped, then continued. "I mean, you like someone else and you're using me to get over that person you like."

His eyebrows almost met as he thought about what she said.

"Um!" he pronounced. "But then it would be fair anyway because you like someone else and you're using me to get over the person you like."

She frowned and scratched a nonexistent itch on her scalp.

"Um," was all she managed to mumble.

"Eh, never mind," he dismissed and waved a hand. "I'm starting to get confused. I might end up saying I like you."

"Ya!" she snapped and landed a not-so-soft punch on his arm. "Does that mean you don't like me? Because I don't like you too!"

"Ya! I didn't say anything!" he defended and pouted, rubbing his arm. "You're so mean! I didn't even say I don't like you..."

He continued to pout as he watched her expression stay the same for half a minute.

"Well, I don't like you too!" he quickly added.

She rolled her eyes and he stuck his tongue out at her even though she was looking at the other way.

"Shut up," she muttered, knowing he was making faces.

He made another face and, this time, Yumi turned to give him a glare. They engaged in an intense no-blinking contest for a while.

"Ugh," she glanced away first and started to blink her tearing, reddening eyes.

"Ha! I won!" he cheered, pumping his fist on the air.

"Fine. What ever! Be that way! I don't like you anyway," she scoffed. "I like someone else."

Taemin turned to her.

"Who?" he asked, really curious.

"Not telling," Yumi answered flatly.

"What's his name?" Taemin continued to inquire.

"You don't know him anyway," she insisted.

"Is it a friend?" he pressed.

"No."

"Is he from your class?"

"No."

"Is he black haired?"

Yumi glanced at him briefly before shaking her head with a quick "no". 

Taemin scratched his chin.

"Hmm, you don't really like him, do you?" he asked.

"No," she answered too quickly before realizing she was confused at his question. "I mean, yes! Er, no. Yes! I like him!"

"Is he me?" he tried, grinning widely.

"Yes, he's―" she paused then covered . "Oops."

Taemin laughed and pumped his fist again. 

"Oops, yes," he teased then ran around her twice. "Asa!"

Yumi planted her palms on her face, too embarrassed to show herself. Not only that, but she was sure Taemin was getting attention from passersby.

Then she felt cool lips on an uncovered part of her cheek. She looked up in shock and saw him meters ahead of her, running. He turned around.

"I like you too!"

---

The end!

Finally. I was going to change this story to something about a sick girlfriend and the boyfriend taking care of her. But I already did half of the drafts, so no can do.

So here, I hope you enjoyed it! :)

Do comment on whose story you like the best. Or talk to me on Twitter (jaepoop).