Words I Can't Say.

Valentine's Day.

Jiyool bit her lip and clutched on to the box of chocolates on her hand, nervously but carefully.

She raised her hand and held out the box to the blonde haired guy in front of her.

"I like you," she simply confessed.

She breathed out. Finally! She had said it without stuttering.

Jung Daehyun just gazed at the girl in front of him, not showing any emotion on his face and walked pass her without a word.

Jiyool turned around and stared at his retreating back. She sighed.

"At least I tried," she mumbled.

She went back to her classroom and took her bags. On her way out, she passed by the trash bin.

She looked at the box on her hand. She was so tempted to throw it away, but she couldn't. She had spent hours trying to perfect the perfect chocolate just for her long time crush, mysterious boy, Jung Daehyun.

Jung Daehyun. The quiet boy in class. He wasn't exactly a loner since he had friends. But nobody ever heard him talk. His friends, probably, but other than them, not even the teachers, had heard his voice.

Girls had long given up on trying to get his attention. He was as hard as rock.

Jiyool trudged down the corridors of the school building, her shoulders slumped in dejection.

She passed by a freshman wiping a glass wall with a dance.

Jiyool smiled a bit at that.

The boy noticed her and stopped dancing, suddenly embarrassed. He shyly bowed.

"Annyeong, sunbae," he greeted her.

"Annyeong!" she greeted back.

She approached him.

"Here," she handed the box of chocolates. "Happy Valentine's!"

Jiyool waved and walked away.

The curly, blonde haired boy stared at her in awe but managed to shake it off.

"Thank you, noona!" he yelled happily before she exited the building.

She turned back, gave a small wave and returned his smile before disappearing from his sight. 

---

"Well, at least I made someone smile," she muttered hopefully and sighed remembering the cute freshman.

She was walking home on her own as her friends had already went off to their dates.

"Ah, really. I'm so pitiful," she grumbled. "Ah, so embarrassing."

She was passing by the bookstore when someone tapped her back.

A tall, ulzzang looking, blondie stood in front of her when she turned around.

"Uh, yes?" she uttered. She knew she had seen him before, but she couldn't recall anything at that moment. She was too stunned at his flawless look.

He smiled and handed her a small bundle of lavenders.

She looked at it skeptically before accepting it.

The boy's smile turned into a smirk.

He gave her a small salute before running off.

"Hey!" she yelled after him but didn't bother when he got farther.

She shook her head and stared at the flowers on her hand.

"Mm..." she hummed. "What's going on..."

She shrugged and continued on her way home.

A block later, another blonde haired guy stopped her and handed her three sunflowers.

She raised an eyebrow. She was starting to get creeped out.

"I know you!" she exclaimed. "You're...uh, I forgot..."

The cute boy chuckled.

"See you!" he waved and ran away.

Jiyool was more than puzzled.

"Is the world mocking me? Just because Daehyun is blonde, I don't have to get a flower from every blond guy out there," she whispered under her breath.

She continued on her way. She was so dazed, lost in her thoughts, that she didn't realize someone was walking beside her.

When she finally noticed him, she jumped back and clutched her chest. She recognized him as someone from her school, too, a year younger.

The boy rubbed the back of his neck and offered the small bundle on his hand.

"Green orchids!" he said cheerfully. "Bye!"

He ran away just like the first two after she accepted the flowers.

"Wasn't that guy a friend of Daehyun...?" she pondered.

She sighed and shook her head.

"Ah, forget about it!" she told herself and continued to walk home.

There was only a block left til she reached her home and she was more than thrilled to be coming home. She couldn't wait to lie in bed and reflect about the rejection then forget about it. And also about the weird blonde boys giving her different kinds of flowers.

She had finally reached her neighborhood when a guy, who had been waiting on the sidewalk, greeted her.

"Hi," he said in his deep voice. "Here. For you."

He handed her a single rose before walking away.

She wanted to ask him about the flower...s, but decided against it. Just when she had her chance to ask the guy who didn't bother running away, she had finally given up trying to guess what was going on.

She went on until she reached the gate of her home.

She was shocked to see white tulips on the mailbox.

Her lips formed a pout as she took the bunch, joining it with the forming flower garden that was her right hand. 

Tulips were her favorite flowers. No reason at all, except that they looked cute and were easy to draw.

All her thoughts about those random guys giving her flowers by mistake were instantly erased.

Maybe it wasn't a mistake after all.

Just when she was about to enter the gates, someone tapped her shoulder.

She warily turned around, guessing another blonde boy giving her flowers.

Once she completely turned around and got a look at the person, she almost dropped the bundle on her hand.

Jung Daehyun was standing before her, scratching his head cutely as his other hand held on to a large drawing pad.

Jiyool looked at him expectantly and uttered "yes?" in a small voice.

He held a palm up to her and raised the drawing pad.

He flipped a page and turned the drawing pad towards her.

Hi, it said.

"Uh, hi?" she said with a short but cute giggle. She was still unsure about what was going on but let it be.

He flipped the page again and watched as her face contorted into a confused expression.

Sorry it took long for me to do this.

Flip.

I don't like it when a girl confesses.

Jiyool pursed her lips and mumbled a small "sorry".

Flip.

But I liked your confession.

Her lips curved into a small smile.

Flip.

But it would be much better if I confessed first.

Another look of confusion, yet her heart was getting the hint. 

Flip.

I don't want to wait for White Day to do this.

Her heart skipped a beat once she finished reading. She couldn't believe what was happening. Was Daehyun confessing to her?

Flip.

I like you.

Flip. 

Very much.

Shock was an understatement. Happy was an understatement. Speechless was an understatement.

Jiyool stared at his face now. He was looking at her warmly with a pursed smile, as if he was purposely trying to stop his smile from getting any wider. Not once did his eyes shift anywhere else. 

With his eyes, he gestured for her to look back at the pad. Once she did, he flipped the page.

Lee Jiyool, will you be my girlfriend?

A quick flip.

If you don't want to...

Another quick flip.

...at least go on a date with me?

Jiyool was stunned. She kept on gulping to calm the erratic beating of her heart.

She looked at his hopeful expression.

It was a first time seeing him have that kind of look on his face. It was also the first time she had seen him smile and she felt special and more than happy knowing it was because of her and for her.

Rashly, she ran to him and hugged him.

She was too excited and happy to realize what she was doing.

He was taken by surprise. But as he was about to return the hug, she pulled away and smiled sheepishly.

"Sorry, I..." she said and rubbed her arm awkwardly.

He smiled widely and shook his head.

He turned to his pad again and flipped another page.

Hi, girlfriend.

---

I liked this better written in drafted form. Hehe. Actually, this is my favorite among my VDay special oneshots. Hehe.

Ah, Daehyun. He easily crept up the bias list. 

This weirdo. 

P.S. I just contemplated on posting this. I just found out Daehyun has a girlfriend IRL. .

missuslee

you, boy. Why do you have to be so perfect?